Latest Trip Report

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Latest Trip Report

Postby miranda » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:19 am

Okay, I just have to get this off my chest! In reading the latest trip report on TripAdvisor, why is it that if there are mistakes made at a resort due to perhaps lack of communication, misunderstanding or just plain human error, that the "race card" has to be played?
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby Headstone » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:34 am

Someone seems to have gotten a bug up their ass (pardon the pun). If the cake and a mixed up reservation are all they have to complain about there is something wrong methinks.
TTR May 28-June 4 2022
DRM June 4-June 11 2022

DRM Oct22-29 2022
TTR Oct29-Nvv 4 2022
Headstone
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022

Postby CokeMann » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:31 pm

My guess is that since he didn't talk about them reconnecting as a couple or enjoying the freedoms available at Desire - the "surprise" two days at Desire where probably over the top for his lady and she made his life very unpleasant for those two days.....
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby freescuba » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:43 pm

I just read the review and I'm not sure we're looking at his position fairly.

I think there's a couple of key things here:

1) They didn't greet him promptly and his concern that was due to his skin color. I don't really believe in categorizing people by race, skin color, etc and I've never noticed the staff at Desire caring either, but I can understand how someone who identifies with a minority might feel this way under certain circumstances.

When you arrive at Desire there are often a number of front desk staff that will appear to ignore you because they have different jobs and I assume some of them likely have limited English skills. You have to wait for the proper front desk staff to free up and serve you. Remember we (well most of us) are foreigners in their country and if we want to lessen this communication issue we should learn Spanish. Short of that we need to learn patience. When this happens to me upon arrival I just stand around like an idiot and hope for the best. Eventually someone helps me, but still I stand there like an idiot wondering what is going on. However I can see where someone who identifies with a minority that is sensitive to discrimination might fear or assume this was discrimination.

2) Mixing up the cake and the dinner. Yes the staff at Desire tries very hard, but they also often mix things up for various reasons. As noted above communication is a challenge sometimes. The problem lies in that it's clear the reviewer had some very high expectations on those events and when they didn't materialize as he wanted the world came to a crashing end. Can we say type "A"? And I'll also note it takes one to know one. But I check my "A" at the lobby on my way in. So who's to blame? Well Desire does set high expectations for itself and could do a better job in this area, but the reviewer really needs to pull the stick out ... well let's just say relax.

Coke I don't think it's fair to suggest his lady had problems. I didn't see any hints of that in his review. In fact suggesting that as his problem is kind of like him playing the "race card". Us "party people" can be a bit quick to judge those that have never seen a free boobie before!
freescuba
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:18 pm

We can speculate 'til the cows come home....

I just feel sorry for them because they didn't "get" what is special about Desire and make most of us repeat offenders.
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby freescuba » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Damn I've been 5 times and didn't see the cows yet. Are they over by the Tennis courts?

Coke I agree with you.
freescuba
Desire Convert

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:07 pm

He didn't say anything that suggested that his lady had a problem with the place at all. He was upset that he shelled out a lot of money for a special event and he didn't get what he paid for. That's all. He probably should have been more forgiving of the mistakes but I wouldn't read any more into it than that.
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jan 2022

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya