WIFI

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

WIFI

Postby coco » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:11 pm

Can someone tell me the latest info on WIFI at the resort. Is it available everywhere? only in the lobby? Is it free or is there a fee? How is the access?
Thanks for the info...
15 more days until we arrive, starting to get really excited.
coco
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:29 pm

WiFi at Desire has been completely free for many months.

Best reception is in the lobby and lobby bar area - you may have luck connecting in other areas of the resort as well - mileage will vary....
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

OK - Maybe I'm Stupid

Postby DandAEastTexas » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:17 pm

...and so you know, I'm lying when I say "maybe". The last answer to this question was missing a very important word that has me confused.....so - if someone who knows would please type slowly for the stupid....is there is or is there ain't free internet (wifi) and what are the specifics?

I'm passed the point that I was at years ago when I actually had to work online every morning (hated it...but it paid for the trip) and now just use it to skype with the kids back home.

Thanks!

Don
DandAEastTexas
Desire Fan

Postby tahoeroby » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:18 pm

I always found the Wi Fi was best at the lobby bar. My routine was to go down to the bar while the wife was getting ready for dinner bang out the days e mails have a few cocktails chat a little then head back up to the room to pick up my beautiful wife.
tahoeroby
Desire Fan

Postby couple2go » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:41 pm

I feel like I've read contradicting reports about the WIFI. Some say it's available in rooms? Does this depend on the location? As much as I'd like to leave the darn laptop at home, it will probably make the trip.
couple2go
Desire Convert

Re: OK - Maybe I'm Stupid

Postby CokeMann » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:46 pm

DandAEastTexas wrote:...and so you know, I'm lying when I say "maybe". The last answer to this question was missing a very important word that has me confused.....so - if someone who knows would please type slowly for the stupid....is there is or is there ain't free internet (wifi) and what are the specifics?

I'm passed the point that I was at years ago when I actually had to work online every morning (hated it...but it paid for the trip) and now just use it to skype with the kids back home.

Thanks!

Don

Yes - F R E E

Sorry I missed that word on my original reply :oops:
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby tikihutguy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:30 pm

We were beachfront 2 years ago (when it wasn't free) at the far north end and got reception from the balcony. Have to ask why Desire can't invest in a few $40 signal boosters to plug in at various places in the resort :?:
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby seef33 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:28 pm

1- the Internet is for free. Your password will be given to you uppon arrival.
2- the wifi signal is very weak inside rooms!! The best places are the lobby, the pool and in between.
3- I really don't understand why they don't buy a couple of wireless routers to stregthen the signal. (and don't tell me it's about money!!)
4- because of that , it's petty that we can't enjoy cyber sex :wink: or skype with others in privacy:(
seef33
Desire Fan

Postby ready4fun » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:44 pm

We were there a few days ago and I was surprised to find we had decent wifi service both on the balcony and in our room. The signal strength was low, but service was never interrupted. We were on the second floor very near the north end. It was indeed FREE.
ready4fun

Postby mfay » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:20 am

seef33 wrote:1- the Internet is for free. Your password will be given to you uppon arrival.
2- the wifi signal is very weak inside rooms!! The best places are the lobby, the pool and in between.
3- I really don't understand why they don't buy a couple of wireless routers to stregthen the signal. (and don't tell me it's about money!!)
4- because of that , it's petty that we can't enjoy cyber sex :wink: or skype with others in privacy:(

Actually, they said over a year ago that routers were installed in each building- some have 2. But still there are some rooms and some buildings that are better than others. It's not speedy anywhere there, but we had a good strong signal both inside and outside our room near the pool on both our last two trips.
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya