What to pack??

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

What to pack??

Postby Bandah » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:28 pm

Hi all! New here and new to Desire. My husband and I are coming January 21-25th. I have no clue what to pack. Daytime, totally understand I will likely be in a bathing suit to nothing. But for the evenings, what should I expect? We will likely eat at the restaurants and not buffet for the most part. We will want to check out the late night scene a bit. Ladies (or husbands!), any tips would be appreciated!!
Bandah

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 21 Jan 2023

Re: What to pack??

Postby SusanAndDavid » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:27 am

First thing- bring sexy dresses / clothes for dinner. Because why not. Just cover the goods and you’ll be fine. Guys must wear pants and closed toe shoes to dinner (buffet is casual).

Then look at the theme nights and dress for them. If you don’t have anything hit up Amazon. You’ve got flower power (sexy hippy). Dungeon, white and one other. Easy enough themes. Go all out. You’ll never dress this way anywhere else. Good convo starters and lots of ways to meet folks like this.
Happy shopping.
KIK: DocHoliday660
RM- May 18-25, 2004
SusanAndDavid
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 18 May 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby Cheers2US » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:24 am

What to pack:
- passports
- copies of passports (in a separate bag)
- printout of your reservation (just in case)
- sunscreen/aloe vera
- bug repellent
- sunglasses/hat/visors
- OTC medicines (Tylenol, Advil, Benadryl, Dramamine, Tums, Imodium, Cortisone cream, Visine)
- hangover remedies/prevention (we use ZipFizz)
- chargers for phones/devices
- $1, $5, $10 bills for tipping (alternatively, change to pesos)
- small gifts for housekeeping (totally optional, but I liked to leave pieces of jewelry + wrapped chocolates when leaving tip money for housekeeping)
- insulated cups (e.g. Yeti, Bubba)
- clips to hold beach towels to the pool beds
- sanitizing wipes (for the airplane and the hotel room)
- large ziploc bags (we use these to "borrow" food from the buffet so we can have something to eat when we board the plane home)

Some extra tips:

Tip #1: either use your phone or a pen & paper for 2 reasons: 1) jot down the names/positions/areas of all the staff members who help you and are kind to you. From the bellboy who helps you out of your taxi and holds your bags to the final front desk agent at check-out and everyone in between. So many wonderful staff members and I can never remember all of them (also doesn't help to be drunk LOL) 2) keep names, contact info (if appropriate) of the wonderful guests you will meet. So many times I have left Desire wishing I had more info to connect/email with a friendly couple.

Tip #2: get travel insurance, and know in advance which hospital is better to go to in case of a medical emergency. I have thankfully never had to use a hospital while in Mexico, but I've heard Galenia is a better one, followed by Hospiten. Maybe Wayne @CokeMann can chime in with recommendations.

Tip #3: have your embassy's contact info handy. Hopefully you will never need this, but just have the info just in case.

Tip #4: When arriving at Cancun Airport, after you clear customs and the bag checks, walk straight down the hall to the outdoor area. There will be dozens of "agents" offering to help you find your taxi, your hotel, book your excursions, book your dinners... just ignore them, do not make eye contact and keep walking until you are out the doors.

Tip #5: if you are bringing checked luggage, it might take a very long time to get the bags off the carousel. On our March 2022 trip, we waited over 2 hours for the bags to make it to the conveyer belt. It's not always that bad, but just be prepared.
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby gaviao » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:45 am

This has been answered many times, but one more is never enough.
For dinner, if the dress you have chosen can be worn in a restaurant in your city, throw it away; you need less fabric. Don't worry about wearing a bra (in fact my partner doesn't pack one for vacations, Desire or not). Wearing a panty is up to you, but we think it's only valid if it's a very sexy g-string and can be seen through the dress.
For theme nights, our mantra is: "less is better"; some nights allow you to do without clothing entirely and just wear accessories or body paint.
Have a fantastic first trip, you will be addicted!
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby 243Xfun » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:29 pm

Very informative!! :L
243Xfun
Desire Convert