Cell phones

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Cell phones

Postby NCBeachlovers » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:12 am

Hey guys, my wife and I are headed to Desire Riviera next Monday. I have a question concerning phones and phone use. I understand no pictures for the privacy which should be a given. Nobody should be taking any pictures of anyone else without their consent anyway I run a business so I have to take calls periodically throughout the day, how is this handled? How do you recommend it be handled ? Feel free to message me privately or on here however and if texting is easier private message me and maybe we can swap numbers thanks.
NCBeachlovers
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Feb 2023

Re: Cell phones

Postby 13sX » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:58 am

It has been our experience that they will give you a sticker (with the Desire logo) to cover your camera. You will see cell phones at the pool. You will even see people taking pictures (carefully and with description). People are typically very respectful of each other’s privacy though. If they are not, either another guest or the staff will have a conversation with them about the rules. we keep our cell phones in our beach bag and make an effort to keep them in a cool shaded place so they don’t overheat. If you need to take a call, it’s no big deal just be aware of that other people may not want to listen to it. I’m sure you won’t have any problems at all.
13sxGW on KIK
13sX
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 09 Nov 2023

Postby Mocouple » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:57 pm

13sX wrote:It has been our experience that they will give you a sticker (with the Desire logo) to cover your camera.

I had to chuckle about that on the last trip, 1 sticker for 3-4 cameras on a device.
Mocouple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 20 Apr 2024

Postby ninaandfrank » Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:10 pm

A few thoughts here. When Nina & I were at Pearl over Christmas week each of the butlers gave us a link to use the “Whats App” app on our iphones to communicate with them; so legit cell phone use is allowed. I am not sure if they are doing that at RM yet. When it comes to taking phone calls it is usually fine. However, remember that folks around you are there to party and you don’t want to be the guy that brings the party down with a business call. It is best to walk a few feet away from the crowd. Also that is the safer thing to do so that the party on the other end of your call doesn’t overhear any of the chit-chat around you. On both of our Desire trips they never gave us any stickers. My wife uses her iphone to check her blood sugar. She was careful to just scan the probe in her arm and then put the phone away as soon as possible. No need to make folks nervous by standing around with a phone in your hand. I just leave my phone in the safe in our room. My hearing has gotten so bad that I wouldn’t be able to hear a call in a noisy environment anyway.

Frank
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Hd04 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:21 am

Last time I was at RM I had security come ask me to put a sticker on my Kindle. It took a few minutes for them to understand it was an e-reader without a camera. I'd rather them be aggressive than not enforce!
Hd04
Desire Fan

Postby Yeipi » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:30 am

I don't think they are using the stickers anymore. I'm at DRM right now and didn't get any stickers.. And nobody else has any.
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 02 Feb 2024

Postby desireadventures » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:42 am

We haven't seen stickers in years. Most people are respectful of each other's privacy. There are always a few that have their phones out in places they shouldn't in our experience though.
desireadventures
Desire Fan

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:49 am

Yeah, this is one of those common sense issues, if you need to take a call, move away from people and use an earbud if possible while keeping your phone pointed downward. We keep our phones either in the safe or in our pool bag to use for occasional texting or just catching up on daily news. I've had a conversation or two with people who didn't realize their phone was pointed towards the pool or a group of people, etc.....they were kind enough to understand and quickly remedy the situation.
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby NCBeachlovers » Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:12 pm

Thanks for all the replies. Thats kind of what I figured i always step away from crowd even on a nor al resort just for privacy and respect of others tryibg to vacation and not work. We are looking forward to the trip Nervous and excited at the same time.
NCBeachlovers
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13 Feb 2023

Postby werfun » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:34 pm

Since we don't believe in cell phones and don't have one we have no problem around the resort.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby UsAndYou » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:13 pm

werfun wrote:Since we don't believe in cell phones and don't have one we have no problem around the resort.

{werfun > my new heroes}
UsAndYou
Desire Devotee

Postby northernlightscpl » Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:44 pm

Second last day after 2 weeks on the 3rd pool bed from the pool bar, beach side, security came by and handed my wife on my right and a gal of the bed to the left of me a phone camera sticker, that weren't using their phones at that time. I enjoy listening to my Spotify and have my phone up and using it often and wondered why they didn't give me a sticker. I looked around the bed post and hanging curtains on it towards the pool bar and seen the security camera above the bar that couldn't see me using my phone. But agree with a poster above, never been a concern to us, as it might be to someone else. Stickers are OK, but security is watching for them.
northernlightscpl
northernlightscpl
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 27 Jan 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya