Any truth to the new chair reservation for Premeir guests?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Any truth to the new chair reservation for Premeir guests?

Postby maybemor » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:16 am

Some folks who just got back from a June 6th arrival trip have said that the chairs by the pool are now being reserved and guarded for use by Premier guests?
In addition to that here is some more info from their letter.

"Wow was I surpised to find out the the entire section along the beach side of the pool are for the exclsive use of the Special people also known as the "Premier Guest". But wait this gets better,but since The Premier Guest do not like those chairs they can reserve any of the other chairs they want the night before for the next day ,not Just the Premier Special chairs."

For a soon to be first time guest this is disturbing news to us.
Please add any relevant info you might have.
I have sent an email to Valentina Beign at guestservice@desireresorts dot com to confirm this but thought it was worth posting here.
TS
maybemor
Desire Fan

Postby nascentfun » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:03 pm

nascentfun
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2017

Postby maybemor » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:28 am

I have read the official policy.
I have to say that was a very fast response by Valentina Biegun.
That policy needs to be linked to on the reservation page.
As a first time guest I booked thinking this was a typical resort where things were open to all. I booked under the rules whereby the early riser would have no problem getting the best chair. I am the sun god and have been my entire life and have always prided myself in being able to pick a sitting location based on all he relevant sun/shade/wind movements to provide me and my family with the best location. Let me restate this another way. It would be very hard for most folks to understand that where I place myself in the outdoors be it on an elk hunt or soaking up some rays is based on much mulling of all available information. Picture how Monk would do it and you are close. Some might think this is an unnecessary expense of metal power but this type of thinking has allowed me to do things like forecast and avoid disaster in mooring a boat or sit in a perfect location to harvest an elk. I also met my wife by sitting at the right table in a large meeting 23 yrs ago.
maybemor
Desire Fan

Postby nascentfun » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:39 am

Well I don't analyze things as much as Maybemor or Monk, but I do assume that the resort will have adequate seating for it's guests. This is our first trip to Desire too, so all this negative discussion was concerning me. I'm encouraged by the quick response from Valentina and hope those concerned were just overreacting to an isolated situation. We've been spoiled by the Couples resorts in Jamaica, where there's never been a shortage of chairs, or anything else for that matter. We're trying Desire for our next trip for its amenities not offered at Couples. I hope we don't have to sacrifice something as basic as seating for these other features. After reading other posts I am thinking these incidents were the exception rather than the rule.
Regardless, we are eagerly anticipating our trip in September and plan on having a great time! :D
nascentfun
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2017

Postby miranda » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:42 am

We are not early risers and we are not pool people. We had no problem getting a lounger by the pool if and when we wanted one and we had no problem getting a beach bed.

After a few days of using a "premiere" beach bed we were told we had to move to bed number "whatever" as it coincided with our room number. No problems there.

Later in the day, when we wanted a pool lounge, the attendant had to no problem finding us a chair and setting it up for us.

It's not really an issue unless, I suppose, there is a take-over.

That was our first trip to Desire Cancun and we loved it so much we are going back! I'd love to hear from someone else who has gone or is going recently and see what kind of issues they have with the loungers. Maybe it was just an unfortunate situation. Go and have fun!
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby vablondie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:35 pm

We just returned from Desire on June 6th. Throughout the week we had no problem getting a spot on the "big pizza" as we call it. It was well organized and Daniel had a couple assigned for each section. No big mishmash chaos like there usually is. The chairs were full by 10am. Sunday morning we did not get out to the pool early enough, there was not a spot "available" at 8am. There was not a single person using the "premier" chairs. They had all the extra plastic beach chairs set up everywhere that they had space to put them. I ended up setting my pool bag on the edge of the beach wall and sitting on a towel on the pool edge until some kind soul had pity on me and let me have their chairs and they doubled up with friends on the pizza.
This is a very real problem capping off an otherwise great week. It really sucked being told "sorry, no chairs" when you look out and see eons of empty chairs. I think the problem is that there are a lot of people reserving both beach beds and pool chairs in the morning, but don't use the pool chairs until afternoon when the pool gets hopping. Or else they reserve their chairs early and then go back to bed till noon. I much preferred the days when you put your shit in your chair and that was it. If you took someones chair and they came back you moved. I never really saw anyone getting their knickers twisted about it.
vablondie
Desire Lover

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya