Tip for Shaded or Pool area beds?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Tip for Shaded or Pool area beds?

Postby davidh304 » Mon May 08, 2023 3:55 am

We went to Desire Rm once in the past and got the high end room with the hot tub. We're going in a couple of months and are getting the lower end room :D

If I outrageously tip the pool chair manager, what do you think my chances of getting a spot in the shade or near the pool. We are not members, and probably won't be.

Thanks in advance!
SLS, KiK: Slycat8
SDC: PoliticsAndReligion
davidh304
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 06 Sep 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC SLS

Re: Tip for Shaded or Pool area beds?

Postby STL-MO-CPL » Wed May 31, 2023 2:15 pm

I feel like between Pearl and RM, you''ll have an easier time getting shade around the pool at RM since the space is more dense. A single umbrella covers multiple loungers. At Pearl, the loungers are all lined up in a single file line, so any given umbrella has less of a chance to offer shade to more than 1 or 2 loungers. That's my take on it.
Hedo 6/11 11/13 7/23
DP 3/16 3/17 7/18 7/21 6/22 8/22
DRM 11/21
TGM 8/23
TTR 6/24
STL-MO-CPL
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 09 Jun 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie C4P

Postby BandMfromtexas » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:23 am

We went last year to RM and tipped 15/day and were there at 730-8 am to tip. We NEVER got a spot by the pool, usually 3 rows back. We got an umbrella a couple times. Anything closer to the pool they reserve for members even though no one was ever in those spots.
BandMfromtexas
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2022

Postby ContentTwo » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:19 pm

BandMfromtexas wrote:We went last year to RM and tipped 15/day and were there at 730-8 am to tip. We NEVER got a spot by the pool, usually 3 rows back. We got an umbrella a couple times. Anything closer to the pool they reserve for members even though no one was ever in those spots.

We had the exact same experience last year. We always got to the pool before 7 am. All of the chairs right by the pool and all of the pool beds were “held” for members. They were not necessarily previously reserved by members. They had not yet been assigned. They were just held open in case a member arrived at the pool and wanted one.

After around 10:30, the pool attendant might allow a non-member couple to “move up” into vacant pool chairs. This might have worked on Wednesday or Thursday. By Friday, the occupancy was so high that there were never unassigned chairs after 10:30.

We spent the whole week on chairs amongst the circle beds in the corner. Nice shade, but not at all our preference. This is one of the several reasons we are going to give Pearl another shot.
ContentTwo
Desire Lover

Postby WesleyButtercup » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:17 am

BandMfromtexas wrote:We went last year to RM and tipped 15/day and were there at 730-8 am to tip. We NEVER got a spot by the pool, usually 3 rows back. We got an umbrella a couple times. Anything closer to the pool they reserve for members even though no one was ever in those spots.

Your experience is the policy. We like the chairs right by the pool, are excellent tippers and never got the chairs we wanted because they were held for members. Considering this and our desire for poolside chairs, we relented and became members almost solely for this reason. We ended up paying $12,500 so we could sit by the pool, lol. Kinda steep for a poolside chair...

We're nuts. Yes.
Kasidie, SDC: buttercupwesley
DRM June 29 to July 5, 2023
WesleyButtercup
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Jun 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC

Postby bj02 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:01 pm

WesleyButtercup wrote:

Your experience is the policy. We like the chairs right by the pool, are excellent tippers and never got the chairs we wanted because they were held for members. Considering this and our desire for poolside chairs, we relented and became members almost solely for this reason. We ended up paying $12,500 so we could sit by the pool, lol. Kinda steep for a poolside chair...

We're nuts. Yes.

Kind of the same story for us. We became members this trip, and the ability to get pool side chairs reserved was a major reason we did it. I used to get up at 7:00 every morning to go try to get a chair. Only getting about 4-5 hours of sleep per night, which was exhausting after a few days. Then I read that they were letting members reserve chairs the day before, and that getting a pool side chair was nearly impossible. Once we became a member, we got our chair and they reserved it for the rest of our time there, as long as we were there to check in by around 10-10:30 each morning. BIG advantage for sure. While we were there though (mid-June), there were several chairs by the pool with grey towels on them, so I'm assuming non-members were still getting them.
Desire RM: 6/5-11/24
Bliss Cruise 11/10-17/24

txfuncouple6802 on SLS and SDC
bj02
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 05 Jun 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby pgh_cpl » Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:38 pm

My wife and I are thinking about going to RM or Pearl for the first time. At this point, the shade situation is honestly one of our biggest issues. Neither of us really enjoy sitting in the sun all day long and we're not the type to sit at the bar to avoid the sun. Is there really an issue finding seats in the shade each day?

Thanks!
pgh_cpl

Postby nokidclub » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:18 pm

pgh_cpl wrote:My wife and I are thinking about going to RM or Pearl for the first time. At this point, the shade situation is honestly one of our biggest issues. Neither of us really enjoy sitting in the sun all day long and we're not the type to sit at the bar to avoid the sun. Is there really an issue finding seats in the shade each day?

Thanks!

Not a problem. Let the pool boy know, and he will move umbrellas around to give you the shade you need. Also, it’s not an issue during the late night hot tub action. ;)
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby davidh304 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:38 am

Thank you for all your responses. I emailed Desire RM to ask about reserving or purchasing a shaded chair, cabana or other location with an umbrella.

They responded that, it can only be done on person once you arrive. I'll post back after our trip to let people know how it goes.
SLS, KiK: Slycat8
SDC: PoliticsAndReligion
davidh304
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 06 Sep 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya