Desire in the Rain

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Desire in the Rain

Postby UncleFester » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:35 pm

What happens there on a rainy day? I don't mean the passing afternoon thunderstorm- more like a steady rainy gray day. There's not that much covered space at the bars, and there's not much else to do (unless you've already made some special new friends). We've only had sun on prior visits.

I would be happy reading all day, but I was curious to see what else went on.
UncleFester
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS hudsonvalleyfun

Postby XMXER51 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:43 pm

we have been lucky to not have ALL DAY rain on our trips, but during big rain storms i play a lot of table tennis and various drinking games in the covered area outside the lobby.
XMXER51
Desire Convert

Postby twinsiam » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:59 pm

We just got back and hurricane Alex was forming while we were there. Believe it or not, it really doesn't damper the mood. We hung out with new friends and laughed all through the steady rain. It's just rain.
twinsiam

Rain over Christmas

Postby jpman42 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:33 pm

My wife and I were there over Christmas and had a day of rain that can only be called epic. First the rain flooded everything and the road was barely passable for days. I have never had more fun in my life. Embrace the rain. The staff will still be there to cater to your every need. Let the chaos of the rain set you free. We even had sex in the rain by the hot tub that was probably the best sex of my life. :wink:
jpman42
Desire Convert

Postby boilernuke » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:34 pm

We were there at the end of January for a quick 3 day trip (first time) and, honestly, the best day we had was a day with rain. We met up with a group and drank and chatted on one of the patios then spent time in the hot tub for hours during the rain. The hot tub in the rain was a lot of fun. Didn't damper our spirits at all but the place was quieter in general that day.
boilernuke

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya