First time trip: young newbies

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

First time trip: young newbies

Postby Miltonian » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:34 am

We are a young couple, 26F and 28M, and are interested in a desire trip next spring. We are not in LS but just like a sexy environment. We are wondering if we will be the youngest there - no issue if so, just curious. Also looking for any tips on room selection on a budget. Thank you!
Miltonian

We are from: USA
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Re: First time trip: young newbies

Postby nokidclub » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:48 am

You will be among the youngest. Most young people either are less likely to afford a place like Desire, or they haven’t reached a point in their relationship where they are both comfortable going to a place like this.

Still, I highly recommend that you go. So many older people wish they would have discovered a place like Desire at your age.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby ContentTwo » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:04 am

You will almost certainly be the youngest there, but there's no reason you shouldn't have a great time anyway.

Sorry to state the obvious, but room selection and budget is up to you and your budget. We never shell out for anything more than garden view or superior garden view. We don't spend much time in the room, and we don't really care about the marginal benefit of an "ocean view" room. I'm sure the passion suites / butlers are nice, but the prices are well outside of what we would be willing to pay right now. This forum is full of information about the different room categories. Just read as much as you need to and make the decision that is best for you.

As for pricing, I encourage you to compare pricing between the official resort website and the various Expedia-owned websites (expedia, orbitz, hotels.com, etc). We have found the Expedia sites to always be competitive if not cheaper than buying directly from the resort. (One year it was ridiculously cheaper.) And most of the Expedia sites will allow free cancellations up until very close to your trip. This allows us to continue to shop prices after we make our reservation. If the prices drop enough to matter, it's easy to cancel and immediately re-book at the cheaper price. It also allows flexibility if you really need to cancel for some reason, without worrying about trying to get your deposit back.
ContentTwo
Desire Lover

Postby TandD » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:23 pm

nokidclub wrote:You will be among the youngest. Most young people either are less likely to afford a place like Desire, or they haven’t reached a point in their relationship where they are both comfortable going to a place like this.

Still, I highly recommend that you go. So many older people wish they would have discovered a place like Desire at your age.

I would be bankrupt by now if we would have discovered Desire waaaay back in our late twenties!

As mentioned, yeah, you will be among the youngest there. There will be a few other couples close to your age range but the vast majority will be closer to your parent's age. As long as you are cool with that, you'll have a great time.

We've seen (and enjoyed meeting/chatting/drinking) with several younger couples while there but we've also seen a few who looked like they wished they had gone somewhere else...
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby gaviao » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:52 pm

My wife was 29 when we discovered Desire. (Actually, it was the first week of operation in 2003). She was one of the youngest guests, but not the youngest; there were at least a dozen people in their 20s. Over the years, the average age at Desire has been increasing, but you still find some very young couples (my personal opinion is that they are not the funniest, hehe). I assure you that you will have an unforgettable vacation and you will easily become addicted to this paradise.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby nokidclub » Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:01 pm

Agree about the room type. We always book the lowest priced room, so that we can afford to go more often. You’re only in your room to sleep anyway. The rest of the time, you will be out socializing and enjoying the resort. Make friends with suite people and I’m sure they would be happy to show you their suites. ;)
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby werfun » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:39 pm

Like nokidclub said you are only in your room to sleep, clean up and dress unless you plan to have a big party. The first time we went to Desire we paid for a Passion suite, nice but we decided that it was not worth the cost and always stayed in a basic room since. What we paid for 7 days in a Passion suitewe could have stayed another week in a basic room and enjoyed the resort longer. As for the best rate just keep checking different travel sites and you might be surprised how different the rates can be.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby tonysoprano » Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:24 pm

We're similar age as you guys and just came back from our first ever trip to Pearl a few months ago. Also non-LS. But let me tell you...ever since we got back, Desire is all we've been talking about. We'll just be sitting on the couch, watching a tv show or something, and one of us will randomly say "let's just go back to Pearl".

There were maybe 2 other couples there the same week as us that were close in age, one was definitely in their 20s as well, and I think the other couple might've been early 30s if not late 20s.

I think you'll realize after a day or two that age doesn't really matter there. Especially if you're not there looking for other couples to be attracted to. We had a lot of conversations with couples in their 40s-50s all week long as if we were all just at a regular resort.

Book that trip and go have the time of your life!
tonysoprano
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl

Postby werfun » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:11 pm

:D :D :L :L :L
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby Reverman1 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:20 pm

We are in the same boat!! Young first timers going to DRM. (M-29, F-25). The wife and I went to Breathless (Secrets) for our honeymoon and walked the beach to Desire and it looked very fun and sexy. We finally decided that we would try it on our next trip and so we just booked it! We are super excited but also kinda nervous, non-LS but definitely curious and open to trying new things and exploring that world. We really wanted to book the Beloved Suite at the Eden but decided the extra $3500 wasn’t worth it so we ended up going with the standard Ocean View. We don’t really plan on spending much time in the room anyways!
Reverman1

Postby yungfuncouple » Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:13 am

My wife and I just got back from our first trip to DRM we’re non LS but we truthfully had a great time. You guys will love it after the immediate shock of where you actually are lol we’re the same age as you both! If you have anymore questions just send me a dm.
yungfuncouple

We arrive on: 02 Sep 2023

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya