Construction update

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Construction update

Postby Hd04 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:10 am

Anyone heard any updates on The Eden? We are supposed to be in the old rooms in Feb right after the planned opening but I'd figure theyd have to be pretty far along already on the exterior construction at least.
Hd04
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Construction update

Postby nokidclub » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:46 pm

Hd04 wrote:Anyone heard any updates on The Eden? We are supposed to be in the old rooms in Feb right after the planned opening but I'd figure theyd have to be pretty far along already on the exterior construction at least.

We were there last week. While they are making progress, there’s no way it will be complete by February.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Hd04 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:43 am

That's my worry. We are staying in the old section and while we'd love to see the new pool and stuff it's not a huge deal. I just wonder what they'll do with the people who have reservations in the new section.
Hd04
Desire Fan

Postby Lkncouple » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:59 pm

My concern is that it won't be ready in February, and those of us that have rooms in the old area, they will kick out of our rooms and put people in "Members" that have reserved in the new section and we are going to be left without a room.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby Lkncouple » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:04 am

Any updates on the construction from someone that has been there recently? Is it on track to be ready in February?
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby shore128 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:15 pm

We just returned from a 6-day trip to DRM on December 2. I was told by another guest that you can see most of the new construction from the balcony of the second floor of building 23 which abuts the project, so I walked over and took a look. There is a very large construction crew working on all phases of the project. The new building that will contain the room suites has a long way to go. They are working on the balconies and exterior facades and you can see into the building as there are no glass sliders or windows in yet. One crew is working on HVAC improvements and I assume that rough plumbing and electrical is also underway. The building which will contain the restaurants, bar, hottub, nightclub etc. looks to be further along but you cannot see into it. The pool has been formed and there is still considerable site work underway. Other than to state the obvious that there is a long way to go, especially considering all of the finish tiling, fixtures, finish work, furnishings etc. that needs to be done, its not possible for me to venture an informed opinion as to whether everything will be completed by the beginning of February. We don't generally to this time of year but wanted to go one last time before the expansion is finished and integrated into the resort. The character of the resort is going to change quite a bit in our opinion. We are really going to miss the outdoor lobby bar/lounge area in particular. If its replacement is anything like the indoor lobby bar at Pearl it will be our last trip.
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby cthomasmd » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:12 am

I emailed DRM this week asking for updates as we will be there March 15-20. Their response was that it is on target to open in February. Fingers crossed!
cthomasmd
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 15 Mar 2024

Postby Hd04 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:17 am

shore128 wrote:We just returned from a 6-day trip to DRM on December 2. I was told by another guest that you can see most of the new construction from the balcony of the second floor of building 23 which abuts the project, so I walked over and took a look. There is a very large construction crew working on all phases of the project. The new building that will contain the room suites has a long way to go. They are working on the balconies and exterior facades and you can see into the building as there are no glass sliders or windows in yet. One crew is working on HVAC improvements and I assume that rough plumbing and electrical is also underway. The building which will contain the restaurants, bar, hottub, nightclub etc. looks to be further along but you cannot see into it. The pool has been formed and there is still considerable site work underway. Other than to state the obvious that there is a long way to go, especially considering all of the finish tiling, fixtures, finish work, furnishings etc. that needs to be done, its not possible for me to venture an informed opinion as to whether everything will be completed by the beginning of February. We don't generally to this time of year but wanted to go one last time before the expansion is finished and integrated into the resort. The character of the resort is going to change quite a bit in our opinion. We are really going to miss the outdoor lobby bar/lounge area in particular. If its replacement is anything like the indoor lobby bar at Pearl it will be our last trip.

Thabk you!
Hd04
Desire Fan

Postby Johnwal » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:28 am

We've just left Rm and it won't be ready for Feb.

They will say they are aiming for Feb followed by a smile and then say that's Mexican february!

Whilst the buildings are all in place and windows in place in some, given its xmas and new year soon, 8 weeks will be a tall order, the place is still a building site. Let's hope it doesn't end up like the DM and cause issues with cancellations.
kik:johnwal09
Pearl, Cruise ,RM & GM veterans
next trip..RM July & Dec '24
Johnwal
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 04 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: fabswingers

Postby mplsluvr » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:51 pm

Heading to RM for our first visit on Feb 26th. Booked a swim up room in Eden without even realizing it. In theory, it should be great to have new room. But these reports are definitely worrying. I know construction can come together at the end really. quickly when contractors are motivated. But that's in the U.S., not Mexico.

Does anyone have any idea what they will do with those of us who have reservations in the new rooms if they are not ready?
mplsluvr

We arrive on: 26 Feb 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Feeld

Postby BBTD » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:04 am

shore128 wrote:We just returned from a 6-day trip to DRM on December 2. I was told by another guest that you can see most of the new construction from the balcony of the second floor of building 23 which abuts the project, so I walked over and took a look. There is a very large construction crew working on all phases of the project. The new building that will contain the room suites has a long way to go. They are working on the balconies and exterior facades and you can see into the building as there are no glass sliders or windows in yet. One crew is working on HVAC improvements and I assume that rough plumbing and electrical is also underway. The building which will contain the restaurants, bar, hottub, nightclub etc. looks to be further along but you cannot see into it. The pool has been formed and there is still considerable site work underway. Other than to state the obvious that there is a long way to go, especially considering all of the finish tiling, fixtures, finish work, furnishings etc. that needs to be done, its not possible for me to venture an informed opinion as to whether everything will be completed by the beginning of February. We don't generally to this time of year but wanted to go one last time before the expansion is finished and integrated into the resort. The character of the resort is going to change quite a bit in our opinion. We are really going to miss the outdoor lobby bar/lounge area in particular. If its replacement is anything like the indoor lobby bar at Pearl it will be our last trip.

Just out of curiosity, why would it be your last trip? Do you dislike Pearl that much? Would you go to other resorts? Or would something new be that intolerable? We found Pearl to be an amazing resort. We’re headed to RM in June. Just wondering what your reasoning would be for making it your last trip. Thanks.

-BBTD
BBTD
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2024

Postby shore128 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:33 am

We have been to Pearl three times and enjoyed each trip, although the last two were to join long-time friends who we used to travel to Jamaica with. We have really enjoyed the night life at RM and really like the outdoor lobby bar, both for the after-dinner drinks and socializing, the bands and entertainment and the late-night pizza. We missed that experience at Pearl. The small, indoor lobby bar and seating at Pearl just doesn't cut it for us and we are certainly not alone with that viewpoint.
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021

Postby Powderfinger » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:35 pm

We've just returned home, and we all have a better chance of winning the Powerball and MegaMillions in the same week than Desire has of opening Eden in February. Actually, not a single staff member even claimed that it would be ready then, the most popular response was "maybe March". Just looking at the site, March seems overly optimistic as well...
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya