Few Questions...

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Few Questions...

Postby xolodno » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:35 pm

Hello,

Reserved a trip from 7/12 to 7/18 (2009), this will be our second time and the couple we convinced to come along, their first time.

First thing I noticed off the bat....many of the rooms were already gone, but I didn't see any "takeovers" listed on the Desire site or here. Did a google search and it appears "Refugee's in Paradise" seems to have that time frame slotted, so I'm guessing that they are the ones. Does anyone know anything about this group? In otherwords....what can we expect?

Next, last time we arranged transportation through a company Desire recommended. Does anyone have a recommendation for another company? The other couple will be on the same flight as well and thusly sharing the transportation.

Finally, which rooms should I request for "Garden View" and when/how should I go about it?

Many thanks in advance.
xolodno

Postby mfay » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:48 am

Can't help you with the Refuges group. But generally speaking the presence of any group at Desire just tends to liven things up and add a little more energy and fun to the atmosphere !
For transportation-Since you are sharing with another couple, you might try "cancun valet". They will hall up to 8 people and all your bags to Desire for about $55 each way- only $27.50 per couple in your case. They will be there waiting for you. We used them in May and they were excellent. They also have a low rate on cell phone rental for your stay if you are interested. www.cancunvalet.com
As far as room requests, find the map here in this forum in the cancun faqs section. Find the area where you want to be.Close to the pool for convienience-or at the other end of the resort for quiet-etc. Take note of which rooms are "k" king size beds or "Q" queen size and which are upper floor or lower.
Decide what you want and then- 14 days before your arrival- go to the Desire site and do the online express checkin. During that process there is a box for you to write in special requests including a room choice.
You may not get what you asked for but- if its available they do try to accomodate.
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby TnG » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:41 am

This past year we were there during the same time as the Refugees in Paradise and they are a good group of people. These are couples that met at Hedo and over the years decided to get together at Desire Cancun. They did some really nice things for the staff - every day they pooled money and then there was a presentation at the pool area. Don't think they were ever rowdy that I remember, just there having a good time.
TnG
Desire Convert

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya