Do you think DRM has changed?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Do you think DRM has changed?

Postby gaviao » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:50 pm

I think that the price increases might have something to do with the dollar-peso rate, Me and the wife are from Mexico and live here, for as long as I can remember the dollar-peso rate was always going up, making the trip to desire at least 20% more expensive every year ((price increase + currency rate increase) but for the last couple of years it’s been the opposite, the rate is at least 15% lower, so with the the price increases, we are paying pretty much the same as two years ago. I guess since Desire and all the hotels for that matter are located in Mexico and all their bills are in pesos they needed to adjust for that loss in the exchange rate, I know there must be other variables in there but the exchange rate might be a big hit for their revenue.

I don't thik so. Cancún and Riviera Maya's economy is completely "dolarized" since I remember. When dollar exchange rate was around 23 pesos, none hotel descent their rates. There is no logic for increasing them when dollar is cheap ($17.09 pesos today). Most of bills of a resort are calculated in dollars. Salary of employees are certainly in pesos, but just for lower levels. Executives earn in dollars, too. Hotels took advantage of the post-pandemic increase in tourism, but it is already reaching normal levels.

Just my opinion, from point of view of a Mexican who makes business with hotels in that area and in Cabos.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby gessle00 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:31 pm

I understand and you might have a better feeling than me on the topic, I just think that if they have their bank accounts in Mexico (it couldn’t be any other way if they are compliant with tax laws in the country) whatever they charge in USD, it is converted to pesos so if the exchange rate is lower they are making less money, of course they have always taken advantage of a strong dollar making more pesos for the same amount of dollars but this is a first, never before we experienced a sustained low exchange rate so I think they need to make up for the loss. I understand that the economy of the area might be in dollars but the official currency is still the peso, they still need to pay salaries in pesos (granted as you say for low tier employees, but in the end that is the majority of employees and that adds up to a good amount) also, taxes, services (power, water, gas, etc all in pesos. And I can’t be sure but many suppliers for food, booze and other supplies might also charge in pesos, or they might feel the same hit with a weak dollar and prefer to be paid in pesos so they don’t lose money with the exchange. Just my two cents.
gessle00
Desire Fan

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 15 Nov 2014

Postby nuru » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:06 am

nokidclub wrote:
nuru wrote:I agree with Natural Fantasies. I don’t really think the resort has changed that much, hell it’s like Groundhog Day in there. I think that we as visitors evolve and change as we grow more accustomed to it and the experiences it provides for us. I think the (late) opening of The Eden could be a big game changer though. Hopefully for the better. For the many guests who have been so many times I think the opportunity to freshen it up with new areas will be welcomed. I just hope that by spreading us out it doesn’t stop the inclusivity of the current vibe. We were last there in December and won’t return until July, so by then the new teething problems should be ironed out. Will be weird being there with so many new staff members. Sure gonna miss the departing playmakers who are imminently leaving but also looking forward to the new guys replacing them and seeing what energy they can bring

What’s going on with the playmakers and staff? First I’ve heard of that.

I understand Stephy & Checo (Sergio) departed earlier this week
kik - moatben

DRM July 19
DRM Feb 20
DRM Mar July Dec 21
DRM Jan July Dec 22
DRM Jan Apr July Aug Nov Dec 23
DRM July Aug Dec 24
nuru
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 14 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: fabswingers

Postby Wifeyswing » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:57 pm

Desire is definitely not as good as 10+ years ago as demographics have changed

1) Less nudity in pools and hot tubs. I am ok with optional but not in the pool/tub area.
2) Less open sex in the Jacuzzi and adjacent beds
3) Playrooms have been nearly dead
Wifeyswing
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 31 Dec 2018

Postby ninaandfrank » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:18 am

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. Last time we were there (late 2023) there were many millenial generation folks in full bathing suits making muffled comments at generation X folks who were naked. This made my wife understandably uncomfortable. These were the same folks who sat in the hot tub in full bathing suits and gave dirty looks to anyone playing on the Jacuzzi beds. Still a high quality resort with good service but not the sexy paradise it once was.
Wifeyswing wrote:Desire is definitely not as good as 10+ years ago as demographics have changed

1) Less nudity in pools and hot tubs. I am ok with optional but not in the pool/tub area.
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Johnwal » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:51 am

Wifeyswing wrote:Desire is definitely not as good as 10+ years ago as demographics have changed

We were there in December and the playroom was busy every night and the beds by the hot tub were usually in use. I think it depends on the crowd.

As for nude, it is optional and many were nude. There were a lot more ladies ( and men tbh) around the pool in bottoms but even my wife has started doing that during the day whilst leaving the fully nude until the evening hot tub time. She says it makes her feel sexier and who am I to argue. It is true that the younger men tend to wear trunks more and more and maybe that's because there are more younger non LS people visiting or maybe it was just the time of year? We'll see in the summer when were there again. Yes it would be nice if the hot tub was a nude area but there are many reasons why people can't go naked and some of those reasons are unplanned :?

As long as we can go naked, have playtime on the beds when we want and meet some fun people, I'll let others do what they want, they wont spoil my enjoyment ;)
kik:johnwal09
Pearl, Cruise ,RM & GM veterans
next trip..RM July & Dec '24
Johnwal
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 04 Dec 2023

Postby Johnwal » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:54 am

We were there in December and the playroom was busy every night and the beds by the hot tub were usually in use. I think it depends on the crowd.

As for nude, it is optional and many were nude. There were a lot more ladies ( and men tbh) around the pool in bottoms but even my wife has started doing that during the day whilst leaving the fully nude until the evening hot tub time. She says it makes her feel sexier and who am I to argue. It is true that the younger men tend to wear trunks more and more and maybe that's because there are more younger non LS people visiting or maybe it was just the time of year? We'll see in the summer when were there again. Yes it would be nice if the hot tub was a nude area but there are many reasons why people can't go naked and some of those reasons are unplanned :?

As long as we can go naked, have playtime on the beds when we want and meet some fun people, I'll let others do what they want, they wont spoil my enjoyment ;)
kik:johnwal09
Pearl, Cruise ,RM & GM veterans
next trip..RM July & Dec '24
Johnwal
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 04 Dec 2023

Postby BandMfromtexas » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:33 pm

nuru wrote:
nokidclub wrote:
nuru wrote:I agree with Natural Fantasies. I don’t really think the resort has changed that much, hell it’s like Groundhog Day in there. I think that we as visitors evolve and change as we grow more accustomed to it and the experiences it provides for us. I think the (late) opening of The Eden could be a big game changer though. Hopefully for the better. For the many guests who have been so many times I think the opportunity to freshen it up with new areas will be welcomed. I just hope that by spreading us out it doesn’t stop the inclusivity of the current vibe. We were last there in December and won’t return until July, so by then the new teething problems should be ironed out. Will be weird being there with so many new staff members. Sure gonna miss the departing playmakers who are imminently leaving but also looking forward to the new guys replacing them and seeing what energy they can bring

What’s going on with the playmakers and staff? First I’ve heard of that.

I understand Stephy & Checo (Sergio) departed earlier this week

Where did you see/hear that Steph and Sergio left? They were my wife and i’s favorites. We ate breakfast with them a couple times last visit.
BandMfromtexas
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2022

Postby nuru » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:31 am

From the horses mouth, so to speak

They have definitely gone
kik - moatben

DRM July 19
DRM Feb 20
DRM Mar July Dec 21
DRM Jan July Dec 22
DRM Jan Apr July Aug Nov Dec 23
DRM July Aug Dec 24
nuru
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 14 Jul 2022

Postby BandMfromtexas » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:49 am

nuru wrote:From the horses mouth, so to speak

They have definitely gone

Well that blows! I better not tell my wife. Sergio is her favorite guy haha
BandMfromtexas
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2022

Postby AlfredoyGaby » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:05 am

Returning to the main theme. We stayed for a week and saw 2 different environments. The first few days a younger crowd and more partying, more nudity but less sexual activity both in the playroom and jaccuzi. The second half of the time a larger older crowd, less participatory at the parties, but the public sexual activity was incredible, both in the playroom, jacuzzi, beach during the day and at dusk. I don't know what the atmosphere was like before because this was our first time, but I can assure you that it was the best week of our lives. We did not do an exchange, although we had many opportunities, this time we wanted to enjoy it alone as a couple (we do not speak English and the majority did, it is an important barrier to interacting, but some opportunity always presents itself, you have to be attentive). From now on we love Desire and it will be our next destination very soon. I want to thank Gaviao who advised us a lot in this forum, a special greeting to him...
We are available to anyone who wants to ask us any questions... Regards
AlfredoyGaby
Desire Fan

We are from: Argentina
We arrive on: 10 Mar 2024

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya