Do you think DRM has changed?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Do you think DRM has changed?

Postby EnV4Fun » Wed May 08, 2024 2:43 pm

ninaandfrank wrote:Wow, is that what this world has come to? Can't we have a good time without having a phone attached to our palms? I think the first time security takes a ballpeen hammer to one of those phones it may clue some folks in. It really is totally uncalled for as if folks want to take pictures/videos for their LS web site, email signature or family christmas card they could easily do it in their guest room. We have been told by one of the staff that the $500 bikini/diamond necklace crowd are the worst tippers and have the worst attitudes towards the staff. I know Desire has always been, live and let live, but if this new crowd is intimidating the old crowd then it is time to enforce the camera ban and start making some areas/times "no bathing suits".
Frank

Unfortunately - that has been our most recent experience. :(

THat being said - we are hoping (STRONGLY) that this will dissipate on our trip planned in 2025. Otherwise - sadly - we may be "Hedo Bound" from there on out.
EnV4Fun
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS - SDC

Postby EnV4Fun » Wed May 08, 2024 2:45 pm

CoupleofCanucks wrote:
ninaandfrank wrote: the $500 bikini/diamond necklace crowd

We call them " the housewives of Desire"

Now THAT is FUNNY! :lol:
EnV4Fun
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 29 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS - SDC

Postby travmex » Wed May 08, 2024 10:40 pm

What’s the first question women ask when they go to a function - what will everyone else be wearing. Conformity matters.
When virtually everyone is nude it can be a little uncomfortable to be the only person wearing something. When almost everyone is wearing bottoms it can become uncomfortable to be nude - even when it is allowed.
Convincing yourself you have a positive reason to join the ‘bottoms set’ that makes you feel better - like ‘I feel sexier’ - rather than a negative reason - like I am not comfortable - is human nature.
Less than 30% full nude on many days, very little PDS round the pool area and beach…….Is RM changing……definitely.
Well, maybe that is not really an accurate statement…….because I think it has already changed. I doubt it will change back.
travmex
Desire Fan

Postby canuck63 » Thu May 09, 2024 8:02 am

We just returned from 8 nights and we would have to agree. Way too many bathing suits/bikinis, we even saw a couple of one piece suits. The social aspect has definitely changed with the younger crowd or as we referred the Temptation crowd sticking together, staying dressed and sometimes even giving sideways looks and comments about and to those that chose to be naked. People vaping everywhere even though no smoking and no vaping is a rule. When one of our friends asked for an ashtray in the disco staff acted shocked when he said "everyone else is vaping why can't I smoke" seems one rule gets ignored while the other is enforced. Also witnessed the cameras and people filming in areas that are supposed to be forbidden. If security isn't up to the job maybe it's time for the "seasoned veterans" to enforce these rules and make sure security knows we won't accept the disrespect and blatant entitlement shown by some of the newer guests. After all if it weren't for the vets they wouldn't be where they are today, the hotel and the new guests. One suggestion that was made was to make the old pool the "prude pool" with no entertainment and music and the new area the "nude pool" where all the action is. It's not like that concept hasn't worked elsewhere and would it would at least give staff at the old pool a few more guests in their area so they aren't sitting around bored all day. If you want to be dressed stay at the prude pool, if you want to be at the new pool, GET NAKED!! That goes for the hot tub as well. JMO
canuck63
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Apr 2024

Postby 914travelers » Thu May 09, 2024 1:17 pm

canuck63 wrote:We just returned from 8 nights and we would have to agree. Way too many bathing suits/bikinis, we even saw a couple of one piece suits. The social aspect has definitely changed with the younger crowd or as we referred the Temptation crowd sticking together, staying dressed and sometimes even giving sideways looks and comments about and to those that chose to be naked. People vaping everywhere even though no smoking and no vaping is a rule. When one of our friends asked for an ashtray in the disco staff acted shocked when he said "everyone else is vaping why can't I smoke" seems one rule gets ignored while the other is enforced. Also witnessed the cameras and people filming in areas that are supposed to be forbidden. If security isn't up to the job maybe it's time for the "seasoned veterans" to enforce these rules and make sure security knows we won't accept the disrespect and blatant entitlement shown by some of the newer guests. After all if it weren't for the vets they wouldn't be where they are today, the hotel and the new guests. One suggestion that was made was to make the old pool the "prude pool" with no entertainment and music and the new area the "nude pool" where all the action is. It's not like that concept hasn't worked elsewhere and would it would at least give staff at the old pool a few more guests in their area so they aren't sitting around bored all day. If you want to be dressed stay at the prude pool, if you want to be at the new pool, GET NAKED!! That goes for the hot tub as well. JMO

Wow... we will be there next weekend, hoping for a different experience, but Temptations vibe is definitely not what we are looking for.
Years ago they used to issue stickers to tape over the phones. I read on Kindle a lot, wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable, so if it makes even one guest feel safer it's worth it.

We also noticed yellow bracelets are almost universally clothed. I get that everyone moves at own pace, but how are they supposed to feel comfortable nude if no one else is. If that's the way it's going, we might give Hedo another look.
SLS, SpicyMatch: Playful_explorers
SDC, MadameO: PlayfulExplorers
KiK: ny_travelers
914travelers
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 28 May 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Spicy

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya