Do you think DRM has changed?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Do you think DRM has changed?

Postby ukusacouple » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:11 pm

We don't care about the missing condoms and fancy liquor...just the missing sexy people!
SDC & Fabswingers:Kaleidoscopelife
RM 3rd-9th Oct 2024 & Feb 11th-18th 2025
ukusacouple
Desire Devotee

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Oct 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC FAB

Postby nokidclub » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:29 pm

gaviao wrote:
Wait, have there been condoms near the play spaces? I've gone with a takeover group that gets a suitcase full of condoms from a trip sponsor, but other than that, I've never seen Desire provide condoms. Is it possible that people were bringing them to share during Lifestyle Month?

In January 2021 (ISM), there were condoms in the shelf near to the entrance to Playroom. It's incredible they reduce costs that way, when prices are higher than ever.

Those might have been supplied by a guest or group rather than the resort itself.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby CanadianSwingers » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:21 am

Some good friends we met at RM years ago texted us last night.

"We're cancelling our next trip. The people here have changed"

:cry: :cry:

:CAN
DRM 1-6th Nov 2024
Come say hi if we overlap!
CanadianSwingers

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 01 Nov 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Jndesire » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:26 pm

Fourth trip coming, Feb 1 to 4. Last one was in 2020 just before covid. Took so long to come back because of the price. We are taking a (last) chance. We love to have sex on the jaccuzi beds and playroom with other couples active. We were good at getting the right moment where those places would be full of people. If we cannot create that magic for the upcoming trip it will be the last one.

For us, DRM is/was all about public sex but in a cooler environment than in sex club. If there is not enough sex we will focus on local sex clubs.
Jndesire
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Feb 2024

Postby Naturalfantasies » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:07 pm

We’ve asked ourselves the same question, and we think that maybe it’s us that has changed. We all remember our first few trips and how amazing the trips were, just like we did our first few dates when we first met. Just like our relationship together has changed through the years so has our experiences at Desire. Because those first few trips were so magical we think that’s what we compare every trip to, we want every trip to have that same magical feel but because we’ve already experienced our first body shot, our first make out session while dancing at the disco, our first hot tub playing experience, our first experience swapping with another couple, and first (insert your own magical experience) the new exciting feelings have worn off and we start thinking something about the resort has changed when in reality the new exciting feel within us has faded some. Once we stopped comparing our new trips to our best ever past trips we started enjoying ourselves more. That’s just our take on it. We love the resort and love meeting all the other couples that are there, as long as we feel that way we will continue to make trips back to Desire to enjoy our best life.
KIK: NatFanD
Naturalfantasies
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 20 Dec 2023

Postby Yeipi » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:25 pm

I wish that was the case but I don't think so. However you are right in your last sentence. We love the resort because we get naked as soon as we can, we have sex in a way we love, because we meet people who are great, because I love seeing my wife wearing what she wears for breakfast, lunch, dinner and the disco... We will arrive on Friday for four nights and we will enjoy every single minute there. And we will come back home planning already our next trip.
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 02 Feb 2024

Postby ukusacouple » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:22 am

Naturalfantasies wrote:We’ve asked ourselves the same question, and we think that maybe it’s us that has changed. We all remember our first few trips and how amazing the trips were, just like we did our first few dates when we first met. Just like our relationship together has changed through the years so has our experiences at Desire. Because those first few trips were so magical we think that’s what we compare every trip to, we want every trip to have that same magical feel but because we’ve already experienced our first body shot, our first make out session while dancing at the disco, our first hot tub playing experience, our first experience swapping with another couple, and first (insert your own magical experience) the new exciting feelings have worn off and we start thinking something about the resort has changed when in reality the new exciting feel within us has faded some. Once we stopped comparing our new trips to our best ever past trips we started enjoying ourselves more. That’s just our take on it. We love the resort and love meeting all the other couples that are there, as long as we feel that way we will continue to make trips back to Desire to enjoy our best life.

Unfortunately we must agree with Yeipi. Whilst you are right that you can never recreate the excitement of the first few trips, RM has definitely changed...or should we say that the clientele have.

For the last ten years we've been telling anyone that will listen how RM is the 'greatest place on earth' and despite it being a swinger resort, it still somehow remains extremely classy. Just doesn't feel that way any longer.

There is a slight glimmer of hope though.......We were dreading the renovations at DRM, as we wanted nothing to change, but maybe they are what's needed. There's a chance that the extra rooms will free up some space for the 'yellow-wristbands' in the old part of the resort?
SDC & Fabswingers:Kaleidoscopelife
RM 3rd-9th Oct 2024 & Feb 11th-18th 2025
ukusacouple
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 03 Oct 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC FAB

Postby ivan256 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:01 pm

We just booked what will now me our 6th annual trip to one of the Desire properties, and I remember visiting these forums after booking the first one…. It had threads just like this about how it just wasn’t the same anymore.

Every visit we have had has been different. Except for the one with the hurricane, it’s been great every time.

Of course it’s changed. Everything is always changing.

Enjoy it!
ivan256
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 22 Jun 2024

Postby nuru » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:36 am

I agree with Natural Fantasies. I don’t really think the resort has changed that much, hell it’s like Groundhog Day in there. I think that we as visitors evolve and change as we grow more accustomed to it and the experiences it provides for us. I think the (late) opening of The Eden could be a big game changer though. Hopefully for the better. For the many guests who have been so many times I think the opportunity to freshen it up with new areas will be welcomed. I just hope that by spreading us out it doesn’t stop the inclusivity of the current vibe. We were last there in December and won’t return until July, so by then the new teething problems should be ironed out. Will be weird being there with so many new staff members. Sure gonna miss the departing playmakers who are imminently leaving but also looking forward to the new guys replacing them and seeing what energy they can bring
kik - moatben

DRM July 19
DRM Feb 20
DRM Mar July Dec 21
DRM Jan July Dec 22
DRM Jan Apr July Aug Nov Dec 23
DRM July Aug Dec 24
nuru
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 14 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: fabswingers

Postby nokidclub » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:32 am

nuru wrote:I agree with Natural Fantasies. I don’t really think the resort has changed that much, hell it’s like Groundhog Day in there. I think that we as visitors evolve and change as we grow more accustomed to it and the experiences it provides for us. I think the (late) opening of The Eden could be a big game changer though. Hopefully for the better. For the many guests who have been so many times I think the opportunity to freshen it up with new areas will be welcomed. I just hope that by spreading us out it doesn’t stop the inclusivity of the current vibe. We were last there in December and won’t return until July, so by then the new teething problems should be ironed out. Will be weird being there with so many new staff members. Sure gonna miss the departing playmakers who are imminently leaving but also looking forward to the new guys replacing them and seeing what energy they can bring

What’s going on with the playmakers and staff? First I’ve heard of that.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Jndesire » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:09 pm

We are at DRM right now. It’s our 5th trip, but the first one since the covid. There are always some differences in the crowd and mood from time to time. This time? Not more different than usual.

Almost everyone is naked by the beach bed, at the pool and the jacuzzi.

Yesterday the disco floor was full and we were 11 couples f**king in the playroom at the peak (other were waiting for their turn).

What is really different however is that they are pushing more for everything that makes you pay moore (they insisted for us to look the premium alcohol card, always asked if we want a massage, the membership meeting, and so on). Meanwhile you cannot have rosé wine at dinner anymore.

A part of the staff can wear jeans and we saw dirt under the nails of someone dealing with our towels. Feels less upscale than before.
Jndesire
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 01 Feb 2024

Postby Yeipi » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:32 pm

We are also at DRM right now (Day one of our trip) and I agree with every single comment from Jndesire. Many naked people everywhere, which is good news :mrgreen: Also some sex activity on the beach beds...good news too :mrgreen:
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 02 Feb 2024

Postby Txcouple1723 » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:18 pm

nuru wrote:I agree with Natural Fantasies. I don’t really think the resort has changed that much, hell it’s like Groundhog Day in there. I think that we as visitors evolve and change as we grow more accustomed to it and the experiences it provides for us. I think the (late) opening of The Eden could be a big game changer though. Hopefully for the better. For the many guests who have been so many times I think the opportunity to freshen it up with new areas will be welcomed. I just hope that by spreading us out it doesn’t stop the inclusivity of the current vibe. We were last there in December and won’t return until July, so by then the new teething problems should be ironed out. Will be weird being there with so many new staff members. Sure gonna miss the departing playmakers who are imminently leaving but also looking forward to the new guys replacing them and seeing what energy they can bring

You couldn't have said it better B. The Mrs and I have been here 8 times and it's amazing to think back on how we reacted 8 years ago to everything we saw compared to today. It's pretty hard to shock us at this point. That said it continues to be one of our best vacations every year. Say hello to S for us.. See ya in August.

-S and C
Aug 2014 H2, Aug 2015 Copacabana Desire Hotel, Aug 2016 DRM, Aug 2017 DRM, Aug 2018 DRM, Aug 2019 DRM, Aug 2020 DRM, Aug 2021 DRM, Aug 2022 DRM, Aug 2023 DRM
Txcouple1723
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 26 Jul 2024

Postby desireaddict » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:13 pm

"We're cancelling our next trip. The people here have changed"

There must be a lot of that going on, as well as fewer bookings. As I look over the availability calendar (on this site) there are no full weeks completely sold out and even most weekends are not sold out (looking as far out as May). That's used to be unusual, at least before Covid and even last year. In the past you had to commit early. I assume the cost increases are making a big different because we don't see a downtick in other kinds of entertainment. Restaurants are full. Concerts are full. And they both have taken significant price increases, too. I'm a bit surprised too, since there had to be a lot of cancellations at the DR resorts. But again, there were significant differences in the pricing there. Still, we just a booked a family vacation for 10 of us, and nightly rates are also noticeably up at all the vanilla resorts.

The year before Covid we made 6 trips which was the most ever vs a typical year of 3 or 4 trips. Last year we only made 1 visit late last year to join a good friends for her birthday but we had serious health considerations last year that made travel impossible. (Sucks to have to put up with such shit when you get older.) We had already scaled back what always used to be 7-10 day trips to 5-6 days. Now that we'll be paying Peak Season prices for Off Season dates, I think we will cut back another day or two. With easy direct flights now and only 15 minutes travel time to the resort, it's easier to do "long weekend" trips vs full weeks. If it's so obvious to a guest booking a trip, how can the resort not notice it? Hopefully we'll see some adjustment in pricing to boost occupancy rates.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby gessle00 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:23 pm

I think that the price increases might have something to do with the dollar-peso rate, Me and the wife are from Mexico and live here, for as long as I can remember the dollar-peso rate was always going up, making the trip to desire at least 20% more expensive every year ((price increase + currency rate increase) but for the last couple of years it’s been the opposite, the rate is at least 15% lower, so with the the price increases, we are paying pretty much the same as two years ago. I guess since Desire and all the hotels for that matter are located in Mexico and all their bills are in pesos they needed to adjust for that loss in the exchange rate, I know there must be other variables in there but the exchange rate might be a big hit for their revenue.
gessle00
Desire Fan

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 15 Nov 2014

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya