Do you think DRM has changed?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Do you think DRM has changed?

Postby beachnbaja » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:51 pm

Psoltllc wrote:
ukusacouple wrote:
beachnbaja wrote:What do you guys get up to in Vegas? We might look into it. (We cancelled our March 24 booking to DRM as the last few trips have been so dull and we are going to give Cap D'Agde in France a try instead.)

Would love to know as well, traveling there in a few weeks and have done some research for LS fun in Vegas.
I am excited to see how the new area that is currently under construction changes the resort. Hopefully for the better and not just continued increases in price.

Someone messaged us privately to ask but since there are so many asking I am happy to share here:

This may sound silly, but there are a ton of lifestyle couples at the Cosmo, especially in the Chandelier bar. Tons. It is known for it. So, whether you stay there or not, definitely find your way over there. We have on more than one occasion met a beautiful lifestyle couple there without planning. Completely spontaneous. And now, even if we don't, it still makes it fun to go just because we know it is a possibility.

We love Playhouse LV. Now, they have a vetting process and I am not sure how difficult it is to get in. But it is our favorite lifestyle club anywhere. They also own Flirts which is larger. The owners are great and just really "get it" in our opinion.

We also love Sea Mountain in Vegas (more than the Palm Springs one even). But, that is more fun when the weather is nice. But it is a beautiful spot. I will tell you Saturdays are by far the best days there. Fridays and Sundays are ok but slower.

Finally, yes, there are tons of lifestyle couples in Vegas (living and visiting). So it is easy to set up multiple dates etc if you want.

At different times of the year they have great parties and events out there as well. And maybe worth mentioning if Strip clubs are your thing....we don't really love the ones in Vegas to be honest. BUT....we always meet other sexy couples there. Every time.

One final note if you are not from the West Coast. Kasidie has by far the largest online presence in that area. So, it is the best place to meet people and to find out about events etc while visiting Vegas. And to find out who else will be traveling for your dates.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Last edited by beachnbaja on Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beachnbaja
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 23 Jul 2021

Postby beachnbaja » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:54 pm

CanadianSwingers wrote:We were just talking about this with our best LS friends. It has definitely changed, we think post-covid.

What's weird is that not only has the sexy gone, but the crowd seem somewhat less classy, which makes no sense given the doubling in room-rates since covid.

"I've not seen that many baseball caps with guns on since I was last in Bass Pro." :lol:

This is totally true. And yes, it doesn't make sense with the increased pricing. We have a theory on this as well but it isn't terribly nice so better left unsaid.
beachnbaja
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 23 Jul 2021

Postby JandN » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:24 pm

I agree with a lot of what has been said. There has definitely been a change in the overall vibe. Our last trip was last February. We have talked a few times about it, most recently a few days ago. We were wondering how the closing of miches will affect things. We also felt like the temptation cancun close to rebuild contributed to the decline. A lot of people who always went to temptation switched to desire. We feel like every time we met someone who was there because temptation was closed they had suits on and weren't interested in the public sex.
I would like to see more/new ways to get the crowd ramped up sexually. I'm not sure when/if we will go back. The price just isn't worth it for us. Unfortunately when a business starts slipping it is hard to flip it again.
JandN
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 02 May 2018

Postby BBTD » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:56 pm

I’ll respond directly to @beachnbaja! We PM’d them about Vegas. Awesome info and we’re very appreciative for the time they took in responding to us! Unfortunately we were scheduled at Miches Jan 18-24 for BB’s 50th birthday. Miches evaporated so we made other plans.

We did not post a trip report after our 1st trip to Pearl. We went to Pearl in OCT-NOV 23. We had a great time, but always had the playroom to ourselves. We were in there every night playing after the show and after dancing for a while. We were mostly the only action at the jacuzzi other than two local conqueror couples that stayed busy. We LOVED our trip, but didn’t find most guests to be all that friendly or open. We tried to make friends and definitely weren’t pushy. No agenda, just a friendly, attractive couple. We found some fun playmates, but there wasn’t a whole lot of sexy activities going on. The resort seemed to be filled with big groups of friends that weren’t particularly interested in socializing. We are experienced with adventure travel, adults-only resorts, and lifestyle events/environments. By no means are we complaining! We had a great time and loved our yellow bracelets!

However, the overall resort experience did not match the description from the forums. We were naked every possible moment from the minute we arrived until the minute we left. Many people were not naked. Not a complaint, just an observation. We dressed in our naughty best for each theme night and went all out on Halloween. We stayed up late and mingled as much as we could. We had sex on the jacuzzi beds every night we were there, sometimes twice! The vibe just never got as revved up as we hoped it would. I know the question was about RM and we went to Pearl. But we’ll be at RM in June and are hoping to infuse some excitement as a first time RM couple. We will be naked the entire time and will enjoy the freedom to have sex outside, in public, and with others. We’ll proudly be wearing our yellow bracelets and hoping to add some erotic, adventurous vibes during our stay.

-BBTD
BBTD
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2024

Postby ukusacouple » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:47 am

beachnbaja wrote:
CanadianSwingers wrote:We were just talking about this with our best LS friends. It has definitely changed, we think post-covid.

What's weird is that not only has the sexy gone, but the crowd seem somewhat less classy, which makes no sense given the doubling in room-rates since covid.

"I've not seen that many baseball caps with guns on since I was last in Bass Pro." :lol:

This is totally true. And yes, it doesn't make sense with the increased pricing. We have a theory on this as well but it isn't terribly nice so better left unsaid.

Oh go on :lol:
SDC & Fabswingers:Kaleidoscopelife
RM 3rd-9th Oct 2024 & Feb 11th-18th 2025
ukusacouple
Desire Devotee

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 03 Oct 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC FAB

Postby CanadianSwingers » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:37 pm

BBTD wrote:I’ll respond directly to @beachnbaja! We PM’d them about Vegas. Awesome info and we’re very appreciative for the time they took in responding to us! Unfortunately we were scheduled at Miches Jan 18-24 for BB’s 50th birthday. Miches evaporated so we made other plans.

We did not post a trip report after our 1st trip to Pearl. We went to Pearl in OCT-NOV 23. We had a great time, but always had the playroom to ourselves. We were in there every night playing after the show and after dancing for a while. We were mostly the only action at the jacuzzi other than two local conqueror couples that stayed busy. We LOVED our trip, but didn’t find most guests to be all that friendly or open. We tried to make friends and definitely weren’t pushy. No agenda, just a friendly, attractive couple. We found some fun playmates, but there wasn’t a whole lot of sexy activities going on. The resort seemed to be filled with big groups of friends that weren’t particularly interested in socializing. We are experienced with adventure travel, adults-only resorts, and lifestyle events/environments. By no means are we complaining! We had a great time and loved our yellow bracelets!

However, the overall resort experience did not match the description from the forums. We were naked every possible moment from the minute we arrived until the minute we left. Many people were not naked. Not a complaint, just an observation. We dressed in our naughty best for each theme night and went all out on Halloween. We stayed up late and mingled as much as we could. We had sex on the jacuzzi beds every night we were there, sometimes twice! The vibe just never got as revved up as we hoped it would. I know the question was about RM and we went to Pearl. But we’ll be at RM in June and are hoping to infuse some excitement as a first time RM couple. We will be naked the entire time and will enjoy the freedom to have sex outside, in public, and with others. We’ll proudly be wearing our yellow bracelets and hoping to add some erotic, adventurous vibes during our stay.

-BBTD

Sounds like every week at Pearl :lol:
DRM 1-6th Nov 2024
Come say hi if we overlap!
CanadianSwingers

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 01 Nov 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby Ambernos » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:31 pm

We just left today. We've been coming for the past 5 years, and, except for some changes in staff, the atmosphere remains very good. I just need a more helpful chef for the evening pizzas. The spa is still as good, drinks and the party are always very lively, and the guests are great companions.
Ambernos
Desire Convert

We are from: Colombia
We arrive on: 06 Jan 2019

Postby gaviao » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:27 am

Despite not being as frequent guests as we would like, we do consider ourselves veterans (next May it will be 21 years since our first visit). We were very satisfied with the two most recent trips (Nov. '20 and Jan. '21), but prices and other circumstances have not allowed us to return.
We preferred to go to our small resort close to home, on the Mexican Pacific, which is nudist but quite quiet. Although next April we will go to that same hotel, with a lifestyle group that promises four days Desire style, even more permissive.
They will have theme nights, very explicit erotic shows, quite daring games, foam parties, playrooms and dark rooms, etc. The beach is 10 times better than Desire's and, as it is isolated by cliffs (no one walks on it), you can have sex on it without any risk, as you can have throughout the hotel, except in restaurants.
Let's see how it goes; That group does this activity twice a year, but it will be our first time with them.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby bill_monica » Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:34 pm

gaviao wrote:Despite not being as frequent guests as we would like, we do consider ourselves veterans (next May it will be 21 years since our first visit). We were very satisfied with the two most recent trips (Nov. '20 and Jan. '21), but prices and other circumstances have not allowed us to return.
We preferred to go to our small resort close to home, on the Mexican Pacific, which is nudist but quite quiet. Although next April we will go to that same hotel, with a lifestyle group that promises four days Desire style, even more permissive.
They will have theme nights, very explicit erotic shows, quite daring games, foam parties, playrooms and dark rooms, etc. The beach is 10 times better than Desire's and, as it is isolated by cliffs (no one walks on it), you can have sex on it without any risk, as you can have throughout the hotel, except in restaurants.
Let's see how it goes; That group does this activity twice a year, but it will be our first time with them.

Sounds exciting, can you share with us more details ? Always looking for a new adventure
bill_monica
Desire Lover

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 17 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SpicyMatch

Postby BBTD » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:41 pm

That sounds amazing!!! Post more info or PM. We are in the southwest US and would make that a priority trip! Thanks!

-BBTD
BBTD
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2024

Postby getaload » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:03 pm

Hello Friends,
We just returned from our usual annual 4 day visit to DRM. And we talked to several regulars about this topic. So here is a summary of what we experienced.
1. Sexual activity: We enjoyed and noticed others having sex in the pool, beach beds, steam room, jacuzzi, disco, play room etc. Oral sex was had everywhere that had a ledge of some sort ;). I even fucked my girl doggy style in front of one of the beach-front rooms on the patio. We watched plenty of employees noticing and simply ignoring or giving a thumbs up. All is well when it comes to PDS! We highly recommend it.
2. Clothing: Plenty of hot women. Us men need to seriously step-up our game. ;)
3. Theme nights: Participation was mixed as usual. Some people had amazing outfits and we enjoyed dressing up and watching.
4. Disco: Very busy from 10 when the show ends to about midnight. We stayed usually till 1:30 in the disco depending on the music. Music seems to be on a 3-night rotation. We heard the exact line-up from our night 1 repeated on night 4.
5. Playmakers: They have seriously leveled up the crew in terms of looks and dancing skills!
6. Sales pitches: Lots of them and all day long. They will try to sell membership, tequila, massage, Eden, logo shop merchandise, etc. all day long.
7. Restaurants: Suki didn't actually have much sushi even though its advertised as sushi. Only had Hibachi and some rolls. Sahlo is random mix of dishes and definitely not Mediterranean. The buffet restaurant had the best food every night - choice as well as taste (obviously personal preference)
8. Beach: Has reduced in size significantly. And thus the number of beach beds. But there were always several available since most people hang-out at the pool. Beach volleyball was popular every morning & afternoon.
9. Pool: Usual issue with people reserving and not using their chairs. And with the new members-only reservation

Other misc. stuff:
- There is a weird sewer smell in front of the gym/spa & 1700 room block.
- Our room had a leaky AC unit that created slipping hazard, but solved easily with a towel on the floor.
- No more drinking water in the spa hallway. You have to come out to front desk for it.
- No more condoms near play spaces like jacuzzi & playroom. Bring your own. We saw more than a few failed swaps because of it.
- Lots of other tiny cost-cutting efforts that reduced our enjoyment this time.

Disclaimers:
- We always go in Jan, so we don't know how it is during rest of the year.
- We are not life-stylers - we go for the freedom and the vibe.
- Trip #4 for us off and on since 2017.

Happy to answer any quuestions.
getaload
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby Turk7 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:50 pm

Been going for 15yrs. and never seen so many people in the jacuzzi, male and female, with suits on. Some people may say who cares but the wife is on the shy side and she feels more comfortable if others are nude also. Don’t have an answer about why this is happening but just our observation. And I also agree with the poster that they need competition and don’t understand why there isn’t any since it is so popular. Afraid prices may go up to make up for that mess in the DR.
Turk7
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 30 Jun 2021

Postby jandr1013 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:35 pm

getaload wrote:Other misc. stuff:
- No more condoms near play spaces like jacuzzi & playroom. Bring your own. We saw more than a few failed swaps because of it.

Wait, have there been condoms near the play spaces? I've gone with a takeover group that gets a suitcase full of condoms from a trip sponsor, but other than that, I've never seen Desire provide condoms. Is it possible that people were bringing them to share during Lifestyle Month?
jandr1013 on Swinging Heaven (Canada) and Cafe Desire
Desire Trip #13 at Pearl Nov 2-9th, 2024
jandr1013
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 02 Nov 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SHeaven CafeDesire

Postby canuck63 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:58 am

jandr1013 wrote:
getaload wrote:Other misc. stuff:

Wait, have there been condoms near the play spaces? I've gone with a takeover group that gets a suitcase full of condoms from a trip sponsor, but other than that, I've never seen Desire provide condoms. Is it possible that people were bringing them to share during Lifestyle Month?

We are in the same boat as you , have been there over 20 times now since 2013 and we have never seen condoms left out anywhere on the property. Also, way more textiles being worn at the pool, beach, hot tub etc. Seems to be a shortage of top shelf liquors as well, last time there they ran out of Canadian rye whiskey on a daily basis and we ended up buying 3 bottles of Fireball during the course of an 8 day stay between us and another couple. Prices have jumped about 30-40% since last year as well.
canuck63
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 26 Apr 2024

Postby gaviao » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:15 pm

In January 2021 (ISM), there were condoms in the shelf near to the entrance to Playroom. It's incredible they reduce costs that way, when prices are higher than ever.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya