The Eden?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: The Eden?

Postby Powerswayerz » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:31 am

Lkncouple wrote:We are heading to RM at the end of February. The Website still says it opens Feb 5th. That is 11 Days from now. Any updates? Has anyone seen any pictures? They are still taking reservations for rooms in February.

We are going on February 10th….just a few days after it’s supposed to open. I am very surprised at the lack of any information. Like you say, they are still taking reservations today, but I would expect them to be advertising the opening like crazy via email and social media. Guest that were there a month ago mostly said no way that they’ll make it in time, but I haven’t seen an update from anyone since then.

I guess for me, it’s more of a curiosity as we have a garden room in the existing section and will have fun regardless of which pool/hot tub/disco is open. But I’d be extremely anxious if I had a room in Eden. I’m hoping for the same of those folks that they have blocked enough existing rooms (in either RM or Pearl) to accommodate the number of people booked in Eden rooms. It would be a small disappointment to be downgraded from a new Eden room, but a whole other level if you arrived and had to rebook at the Hilton.

Anyone been lately?
Powerswayerz
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Jun 2022

Postby Geedubyuh » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:16 pm

Please let us know and take pictures if you can.

Lkncouple wrote:We are heading to RM at the end of February. The Website still says it opens Feb 5th. That is 11 Days from now. Any updates? Has anyone seen any pictures? They are still taking reservations for rooms in February.
KIK, LL, SLS, Kasadie (Geedubyuh)
Geedubyuh
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 29 Oct 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LL SLS Kasadie

Postby AlfredoyGaby » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:32 am

Hello everyone, anyone who is there or has recently arrived?
any news on this? Will it be open and finished by the indicated date? We will be there on March 10.
regards
AlfredoyGaby
Desire Fan

We are from: Argentina
We arrive on: 10 Mar 2024

Postby CodyO » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:27 pm

Anyone been recent for update
CodyO
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 22 Mar 2023

Postby Yeipi » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:09 pm

We will arrive on Friday so I hope I can report back what is going on :mrgreen:
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 02 Feb 2024

Postby chrisgorrod » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:34 pm

We arrive the 6 th March hoping Eden will be up and running by then
KIK: candjfuncouple Kasidie: Keepitfun
chrisgorrod
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 29 Jul 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: kasidie

Postby bj02 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:32 pm

On our group, a person who just came back from Desire said that the rooms are really coming along, and they could see furniture and curtains up in them. Everything else looked like it had a while to go.
Desire RM: 6/5-11/24
Bliss Cruise 11/10-17/24

txfuncouple6802 on SLS and SDC
bj02
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 05 Jun 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC

Postby Yeipi » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:36 am

Same thought here. We asked 2 people from the reception and both said Eden will be opened on Monday with whatever is available. There is a lot to be done from what we saw yesterday, so we don't know what will be ready. Those guys are working long hours! Last night after the disco, we went for a walk and we could see some guys hammering and drilling walls.

My concern is if they partially open some rooms and restaurants but the work is still in progress, a bunch of construction workers will be walking around so how is that going to impact things in a place like Desire? Not even thinking about the risk that a construction like this represents for others.
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

Postby nokidclub » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:20 am

Just like everything else that Desire does…we are going to give it a good six months to let it fully open and get the kinks worked out. In the meantime, we may switch to Pearl since it’s still a seamless experience there. Will go back to RM when it’s fully ready.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Yeipi » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:27 am

New update: we attended the opening yesterday night. It wasn't anything spectacular, just the night show at the new place, instead of the regular place in front of the reception.
The social areas need some work. Wires are hanging from the ceilings, the pool is full but the tiles or whatever they will put around are not there yet. The new reception seems to be ready but they are still working on other areas like the washrooms at the reception and it looks to me the hot tub is not ready yet.
In summary, they need more time.
Yesterday I was expecting more noise about the opening but even the staff was unsure if something was going to happen. Someone suggested to wear good shoes and not sandals just in case...even at 7:30 pm on our way to the restaurants, a staff member who listened to us speaking Spanish asked if we had power in our room because they were having issues due to the strong winds and the power generator was not strong enough for the full hotel; we asked if the opening was happening and he said they were not sure but they were trying their best.
So once finished it will look fantastic but our feeling is they rushed the opening.
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

Postby AlfredoyGaby » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:51 am

Yeipi wrote:New update: we attended the opening yesterday night. It wasn't anything spectacular, just the night show at the new place, instead of the regular place in front of the reception.
The social areas need some work. Wires are hanging from the ceilings, the pool is full but the tiles or whatever they will put around are not there yet. The new reception seems to be ready but they are still working on other areas like the washrooms at the reception and it looks to me the hot tub is not ready yet.
In summary, they need more time.
Yesterday I was expecting more noise about the opening but even the staff was unsure if something was going to happen. Someone suggested to wear good shoes and not sandals just in case...even at 7:30 pm on our way to the restaurants, a staff member who listened to us speaking Spanish asked if we had power in our room because they were having issues due to the strong winds and the power generator was not strong enough for the full hotel; we asked if the opening was happening and he said they were not sure but they were trying their best.
So once finished it will look fantastic but our feeling is they rushed the opening.

Thank you very much for updating the information, we will be there on March 10, maybe it will be finished by then.
AlfredoyGaby
Desire Fan

Postby Lkncouple » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:14 am

From the pictures on facebook it looks like they have made a lot of progress. There is water in the pool, so that seems big. We arrive in 3 weeks. Hopefully we will be partying in the new pool and hot tub by then.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby AlfredoyGaby » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:32 am

Lkncouple wrote:From the pictures on facebook it looks like they have made a lot of progress. There is water in the pool, so that seems big. We arrive in 3 weeks. Hopefully we will be partying in the new pool and hot tub by then.

Where are this pictures?
AlfredoyGaby
Desire Fan

Postby Powerswayerz » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:36 am

AlfredoyGaby wrote:
Lkncouple wrote:From the pictures on facebook it looks like they have made a lot of progress. There is water in the pool, so that seems big. We arrive in 3 weeks. Hopefully we will be partying in the new pool and hot tub by then.

Where are this pictures?

We arrive on Friday and are more hopeful after seeing those. Unfortunately, they limited the pool picture to a small
Corner of the pool which makes it seem that the overall area may not be ready yet. Also, no pics of new disco, melange or hot tub. Hope we get to use it all this weekend though!
Powerswayerz
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 27 Jun 2022

Postby HiddenBlue » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:33 pm

Forget about it; you will not be able to use it all this weekend.
We just returned last night. They are still drilling, cutting (clouds of dust), etc. Last few days long power-outages (so cold hot tub) and problems with water supplies in rooms (hot and cold).
HiddenBlue

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya