The Eden?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

The Eden?

Postby max4play » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:41 am

So, when The Eden is open, will all guests be able to go to the new facilities or will it be like the Mansion at Pearl? I hope not - no one really ever uses the spaces in the Mansion so I hope this will be different. They told us Eden would be open when we go for Valentines but who knows with new construction!
We might be addicted!
Over 25 visits in the last 8 years!
max4play
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024

Re: The Eden?

Postby SandL » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:46 pm

We were there just before Christmas and we'd be very surprised if the Eden area is open in February. I'm not an expert on construction, but they were still putting up walls and doing major work. I'd assume that if they were on track for a Feb open, they'd be working on interior details by now (ie: electrical, plumbing and finishing work). We were told that most of the current popular areas are moving over to the new area. Jacuzzi, pool and disco / playroom as well as the main entrance / reception will be moving over to that area and it will be open to all guests. The current pool is supposed to become a quiet pool area and we don't remember what they said the plan was for the jacuzzi. Our next trip is planned for July, and I think it's realistic that the Eden area and new jacuzzi / disco will be open by then.
Hugs
S and L
<3
SandL
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 16 Jul 2024

Postby nokidclub » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:15 am

The new common areas at the Eden will be available to all guests. This includes the new check-in lobby, restaurants, disco, pool, hot tub, and playroom.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby getaload » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:00 pm

Any updates from people there now or returned after new years? Any areas closed for construction? We are going next week and concerned about the DRM common areas being closed for construction.
getaload
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby nokidclub » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:04 pm

getaload wrote:Any updates from people there now or returned after new years? Any areas closed for construction? We are going next week and concerned about the DRM common areas being closed for construction.

We were just there. Nothing is closed for construction. The new area is being constructed next door to the current resort, but is not interfering with the current footprint of the resort at all.

Don’t overthink it. Just go to Desire and enjoy yourselves!
nokidclub
Desire Legend

Postby getaload » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:38 am

Thanks for the update. Will do for sure ;)
getaload
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby max4play » Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:33 pm

Just got an email from Desire - the Eden is open Feb 5th - maybe not all the rooms?? But the nightclub, jacuzzi, and playroom open Feb 5th!?!? We arrive the 10th so hope so!
We might be addicted!
max4play
Desire Superstar

Postby Abproject2025 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:09 pm

max4play wrote:Just got an email from Desire - the Eden is open Feb 5th - maybe not all the rooms?? But the nightclub, jacuzzi, and playroom open Feb 5th!?!? We arrive the 10th so hope so!

We just looked on the main website for RM and it does indeed list Eden opening date of Feb. 5th...does anyone have any Eden room reservations at that time? I'm guessing the rooms aren't ready yet but it would be amazing if some of the new areas are open on the 5th.

We are arriving on Feb 4th - Feb 7th but have one of the original rooms booked. Fingers crossed for good luck and fun times!!
Abproject2025
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 25 Apr 2023

Postby Powerswayerz » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:47 am

Abproject2025 wrote:
max4play wrote:Just got an email from Desire - the Eden is open Feb 5th - maybe not all the rooms?? But the nightclub, jacuzzi, and playroom open Feb 5th!?!? We arrive the 10th so hope so!

We just looked on the main website for RM and it does indeed list Eden opening date of Feb. 5th...does anyone have any Eden room reservations at that time? I'm guessing the rooms aren't ready yet but it would be amazing if some of the new areas are open on the 5th.

We are arriving on Feb 4th - Feb 7th but have one of the original rooms booked. Fingers crossed for good luck and fun times!!

We’re getting there on the 10th as well. Everything I’ve seen from recent guests say no way that it will be ready, but I got the email you mention as well. I also checked and Eden rooms are still able to be booked start 2/5….but I’m glad I’m not booked in one because I’d be nervous. It seems promising, but based on opening/closing of Miches I don’t have a lot of trust in their ability to predict and communicate changes to customers.
Powerswayerz
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 27 Jun 2022

Postby max4play » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:04 pm

Their finishing priority should be the hot tub - if it can rival Pearl, it will be an awesome vacation! As for the disco, I'm going to miss watching my wife walk up those stairs to the show!
We might be addicted!
max4play
Desire Superstar

Postby Lkncouple » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:19 pm

Looking at the map on the website, it looks like once Eden is open, the old Lobby bar and Cici’s bar will be closed. If so, that will be a shame.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby max4play » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:56 am

Lkncouple wrote:Looking at the map on the website, it looks like once Eden is open, the old Lobby bar and Cici’s bar will be closed. If so, that will be a shame.

Cici's bar has been shut for a while - very sad but I'm hoping the new section will make up for it! Guess we'll find out on the 10th of Feb! Can't wait.
We might be addicted!
max4play
Desire Superstar

Postby nokidclub » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:19 pm

max4play wrote:
Lkncouple wrote:Looking at the map on the website, it looks like once Eden is open, the old Lobby bar and Cici’s bar will be closed. If so, that will be a shame.

Cici's bar has been shut for a while - very sad but I'm hoping the new section will make up for it! Guess we'll find out on the 10th of Feb! Can't wait.

The original CiCi’s was taken out by a hurricane, so they moved it over to the gazebo where they do the massages. CiCi’s is still open there during the day, but it’s now just called the “beach bar” or something like that, since CiCi herself isn’t there anymore.
nokidclub
Desire Legend

Postby shore128 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:09 am

We were at RM in early December and the beach bar was open its usual hours during the day. In addition to the bar stools there are also an additional seating area next to it. Due to the fact that there were very few beach beds left and very little beach due to the erosion, and also the ongoing seaweed issue, not many people were on the beach or at the beach bar most of the time we were there. Regarding the Eden construction, the previous poster is correct in that it has no impact on the rest of the resort.
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Lkncouple » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:39 pm

We are heading to RM at the end of February. The Website still says it opens Feb 5th. That is 11 Days from now. Any updates? Has anyone seen any pictures? They are still taking reservations for rooms in February.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya