Scuba

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Scuba

Postby jgordon5875 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:08 pm

Any opportunities at RM? Joe would like to do a half-day and Jen will snorkel and watch lol. Pearl used to have some options, but we've lost touched with RM.
jgordon5875

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Apr 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SZC SDC

Re: Scuba

Postby Lkncouple » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:04 am

I will start out that I have been diving at some amazing spots so I am a bit of a dive snob. We have done dive trips and snorkel trips when we have been at RM before on a couple of occasions. We did a Cenotes dive trip, that was almost an all day trip. If you are even the slightest bit claustrophobic don't do it. It was cool to do once, but I wouldn't do it again. My wife couldn't make both dives, the tight caves just got to her. As far as the reefs go, there is nothing spectacular about the reefs off of Cancun. I was very disappointed how much trash you see floating in the water. it was very disgusting. Also, it takes you away from time at Desire. If you want to Dive, take a day and go to Cozumel spend a night at a resort there and see some amazing stuff. Just my opinion, if you want to dive, you are very close to some amazing diving, go there, but don't waste you time at Desire for crappy diving.
Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby FlyCpl » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:28 pm

+1 to going to Cozumel. We did a bull shark dive off playa del Carmen that was great.
FlyCpl
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 19 Dec 2022

Postby 2New2MN » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:20 pm

I’ve done a few dives at Desire over the years. If you’re looking for a spectacular dive this will definitely disappoint. The good thing though that it doesn’t take too long, start to finish, for a two tank dive. Boat trip out to reef is only 20 minutes and I was back in time for lunch so you only blow a morning.
Kasadie - 2New2MN
Lifestyle Lounge - 2new2mn
KIK - 2new2mn
2New2MN
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 19 Aug 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya