SCUBA operators?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

SCUBA operators?

Postby Sawyer » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Anyone one have any reccomendations for who to book a good SCUBA trip with?
Preferably a nice /decent boat, good staff, not too many divers (under a dozen) probably ocean dive as opposed to cenote.
Any dive sites you'd reccommend?
Thanks,
J&T
Sawyer
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:49 pm

There are some good dive operations in Puerto Morelos (10 min by taxi, south of Desire)

The best I consider is Wet Set http://www.wetset.com/ who I have known and used for the last 10 years. They are a small operation but the divemaster, Paul, is one of the best and safest in the area.

There are some decent dive sites within a half hour boat ride from Puerto Morelos, however if you are looking for serious things like wall diving, etc it would be best to plan a whole day trip to Cozumel and use one of the local dive operators there.
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Sawyer » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Haha, thanks CokeMann. They were the ones I had my eye on. Be happy to say you referred me. What does Paul know you by? You can just PM it to me if you like.
Good to know they are close. Have you dove the minesweeper wreck, C-56 I think its called?
Sawyer
Desire Convert

Postby CokeMann » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Just mention that we are one of the pioneer couples from the old CRC before there was a 4 lane paved road from the airport to the Puerto Morelos turn off and his reputation as a divemaster and someone who likes to party still lives on......

The C56 wreck is about 20 min by boat from WetSet's mooring - its at about 90 feet and wasn't disturbed badly by Hurricane Wilma, unlike other wrecks in the area. It has full penetration and depending on time of year and local weather, visibility is from good to excellent.
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya