If only I had brought.....

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

If only I had brought.....

Postby pelagiccouple » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:42 am

Only 10 days to go until we have our first Desire experience. We are ecstatic to say the least. So as I think of things to pack, I have to wonder... Veterans... is there any thing you have ever forgotten, or had not ever thought of bringing until you reached Desire to later think.. damn... that would have been nice to have during your stay?
pelagiccouple
Desire Lover

Postby wetcoastcouple » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24 am

Well we didn't actually "forget" to bring them . . . but the best tips (for things that you may not think to bring) we received from veterans prior to our first trip last year were :

1) Baby wipes - so so many uses . . . pm me if you need an explanation

2) Power bar - there are not a lot of electrical outlets in the rooms so a power bar or two really helped

3) Over-the-door shoe holder - most of the rooms have very little storage space so any little extra that you have helps . .

4) Small bills - depending on how you like to tip (as you go or a lump sum at the end) you may want to bring a bunch of smaller bills. We brought a tonne of $1's and $5's so that we could tip as we went. Not the biggest deal because you can always cash US in for Peso's at the front desk and tip in Peso's but for us keeping things in dollars made more sense.

HTH
RM - 2009, 2010
Cabo - 2012
Pearl - 2014
wetcoastcouple
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 22 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby LandS » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:16 pm

:D Less clothes.....
LandS
Desire Convert

Postby Sharon and David » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Just pack the tightest dresses you can get into and have a ball ! ( no pun intended :wink: )
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA

Postby miranda » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:12 pm

I, for one, would love to know all the uses for the Baby Wipes. Sometimes I can be a real "germ-o-phobe" and "clean freak"!

Take your most "over the top" outfits and forget all the shoes you want to take - a couple of pairs is all you need.

I won't bother with my hairdryer or any hair appliance.

Don't forget to take bug repellent wipes - easier to pack than lotions and sprays.

Don't forget your condoms, lube, toys, etc.

But the most important things you need to take with you is a great attitude, your manners and respect and courtesy for others.

Then it's all good! :wink:
miranda
Desire Legend

Baby wipe uses

Postby landedesire » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:33 pm

miranda wrote:I, for one, would love to know all the uses for the Baby Wipes. Sometimes I can be a real "germ-o-phobe" and "clean freak"!

Take your most "over the top" outfits and forget all the shoes you want to take - a couple of pairs is all you need.

I won't bother with my hairdryer or any hair appliance.

Don't forget to take bug repellent wipes - easier to pack than lotions and sprays.

Don't forget your condoms, lube, toys, etc.

But the most important things you need to take with you is a great attitude, your manners and respect and courtesy for others.

Then it's all good! :wink:

Hi Miranda,

This comes from the yahoo site I am on for our October trip:

All the uses for baby wipes :)

The best tip we received prior to out first Desire trip was to bring along a
package of baby wipes. At first I had a bit of a hard time figuring out how they
could be sooo useful but trust us they are. . .

Feel the urge to do a little playing during the day time while all lathered up
in sunscreen ? . . . baby wipes take sunscreen off body parts very well.

Want to clean up AFTER having "played" at any point (day or night) ? . . . baby
wipes . . .

Bit of a germaphobe and like to clean things off before using something that's
been used by other people . . . baby wipes . . .

Come across a bird dropping on a beach chair or lounger that you would like to
use ? . . . baby wipes . .

Plan to spend most of your time naked and want to ensure that things are "extra
clean" after going to the bathroom ? . . . baby wipes . .

We picked up some Organic unscented ones from Whole Foods last year and my wife
kept them in her day bag. Very glad we brought them because we did find a use
for them quite often.
landedesire
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby miranda » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:24 am

Great! Thanks! Will remember to carry some with us at all times! :D
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby hotmica » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:05 am

Hi,

We will suggest a scarf/cape/mantle because women come out for the dinner quite ... naked but in the evening can be quite cool and moving from disco to jacuzzi or lounge bar with sheer dresses it's an experience in freezing!

Mica had to use the bathrobe but this way all the sensual look of the dress was lost :(

Hi,

Carlo and Mica
hotmica
Desire Convert

Postby mfay » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:19 am

This isn't a "fun" thing, but something we never travel to Desire without is a product called "Gelmicin". If are from a northern climate as we are, you may be prone to getting various rashes while at Desire. Things like what many call "sun poisoning", insect bite reactions, tanning lotion reactions, athletes foot, etc, etc. We consider this stuff to be miracle cream- anything that itches- it makes it go away.
It is actually a combination of an antibiotic (gentamycin) an anti fungal (clotrimazole) and a stronger steroid cream than what you get in cortaid (betamethasone). Unfortunately it is not available in the USA- although you can get a combo of the second two ingredients by prescription.
In Mexico, it is sold over the counter for about $5 a tube at most any pharmacy you find. We buy 4 or 5 tubes at the airport when we go home from each trip (we use it at home a lot too) and always take some back to Desire.
Mike
mfay

We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby joinedathehip » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:32 am

we always seem to pack too much, but things we've forgotten in the past include:
1. stack of small bills for tipping, yes....
2. a good hat for the pool/beach
3. workout gear (her) and running shoes (him) as we like to hit the gym in the AM to sweat out all the tequila from the previous night...
4. easy access in carry-on bag to any items you might need for a few hours at the pool or beach, if you arrive earlier in the day to check-in and your room is not ready.
joinedathehip

Postby eddieandjojo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:59 am

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but we always take our insulated mugs! Keep drinks cool for hours and prevents a "watered down" cocktail after a few minutes in the hot Mexican sun. Also, fewer trips to the bar or trying to hunt down Silvia (she's the best)!

Mike - good tip, need to pick up a tube or two next time. I do get those bumps/rashes on my arms after a few days in the sun.....good to know.

Eddie
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby pelagiccouple » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:46 am

Wow... great ideas everyone! Thank you!!
pelagiccouple
Desire Lover

Postby D&B » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:53 pm

eddieandjojo wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but we always take our insulated mugs! Keep drinks cool for hours and prevents a "watered down" cocktail after a few minutes in the hot Mexican sun. Also, fewer trips to the bar or trying to hunt down Silvia (she's the best)!

Mike - good tip, need to pick up a tube or two next time. I do get those bumps/rashes on my arms after a few days in the sun.....good to know.

Eddie

Eddie - You took insulated kegs, my brother!!! Miss you guys. Kisses to Jojo!
D&B

Postby rdjustice6 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:39 pm

When the wife came down with the flu two days in to our first trip, we wished we had packed our medicine cabinet. We were fortunate our friends came well prepared!

This last trip we packed a wide array of every OTC medicine we could think of, and didn't use any of it. It is always better to have and not need....plus the logo store prices on medicine are pretty ridiculous.
rdjustice6
Desire Fan

Postby mande » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:31 am

Elena brings starbucks to make in the room every morning. Lucky me.
Gifts for your fav staff - brought toques last time (yes we are Canadians) apparently the bartenders love them - not sure why in that climate
mande
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2016

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya