New Year's Eve 2010

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

New Year's Eve 2010

Postby Vadancer » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:17 pm

This will be our fifth Desire trip but the first time we are there over a holiday: New Year's! Our wedding anniversary also happens to be on New Year's Day. Can anyone tell us what goes on New Year's Eve and what the "dress" is (or isn't :wink: ) that night?
Vadancer

New Year's Eve 2010

Postby Vadancer » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:17 pm

This will be our fifth Desire trip but the first time we are there over a holiday: New Year's! Our wedding anniversary also happens to be on New Year's Day. Can anyone tell us what goes on New Year's Eve and what the "dress" is (or isn't :wink: ) that night?
Vadancer

Great info in the trip reports section :)

Postby landedesire » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Good for you!!! We have never been there over NYE, but I have read a few great trip reports that do a good job of conveying what goes on, lol!!! I think there is one in the forum from JCnbadboy that was a blast to read. I think it may have even been a live one, can't remember!!
landedesire
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Great info in the trip reports section :)

Postby landedesire » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Good for you!!! We have never been there over NYE, but I have read a few great trip reports that do a good job of conveying what goes on, lol!!! I think there is one in the forum from JCnbadboy that was a blast to read. I think it may have even been a live one, can't remember!!
landedesire
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby ottawa_cuple » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:45 pm

We were at Desire over Christmas and New Years a few years back. That year they had a "Celebrity" theme where you were expected to dress up as your favorite celebrity. Some did, and some didn't, but it didn't really matter - as for practically all Desire events, dressing to theme is an option.

The year we went, a month or two before New Years, the Desire website posted a special notice about the New Years Eve theme which included information on how to reserve your dinner reservation at one of the restuarants.

We just checked the Desire website and all we could find is ageneral event listingon the events calendar saying there'll be a party, but it doesn't really say very much.

Perhaps you'd find out more if you contacted Desire directly at the address listed at the bottom of the general event listing.
ottawa_cuple

We are from: Canada

Postby ottawa_cuple » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:45 pm

We were at Desire over Christmas and New Years a few years back. That year they had a "Celebrity" theme where you were expected to dress up as your favorite celebrity. Some did, and some didn't, but it didn't really matter - as for practically all Desire events, dressing to theme is an option.

The year we went, a month or two before New Years, the Desire website posted a special notice about the New Years Eve theme which included information on how to reserve your dinner reservation at one of the restuarants.

We just checked the Desire website and all we could find is ageneral event listingon the events calendar saying there'll be a party, but it doesn't really say very much.

Perhaps you'd find out more if you contacted Desire directly at the address listed at the bottom of the general event listing.
ottawa_cuple

We are from: Canada

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya