What would Mcully Kulkin do?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Postby Sawyer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:17 am

So we are headed to Desire for the first time and if I know my wife there will be at least a couple of nights she will lose her pace along the way and have to crash - in some cases while the night is relatively young. I don't want to be a creeper but I also don't necessarily just want to go back to the room and watch TV either. Once I get her safely into bed, what is there for a guy to do when he's "Home Alone"?
Would the it offend anyone there if I headed to the Lobby Bar sipped a cold one and chatted with the bartender?
Its a silly question, I know. I just thought some general thoughts from some of the Vets might help.
Sawyer
Desire Convert

Postby Sawyer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:17 am

So we are headed to Desire for the first time and if I know my wife there will be at least a couple of nights she will lose her pace along the way and have to crash - in some cases while the night is relatively young. I don't want to be a creeper but I also don't necessarily just want to go back to the room and watch TV either. Once I get her safely into bed, what is there for a guy to do when he's "Home Alone"?
Would the it offend anyone there if I headed to the Lobby Bar sipped a cold one and chatted with the bartender?
Its a silly question, I know. I just thought some general thoughts from some of the Vets might help.
Sawyer
Desire Convert

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:22 am

Actually this happens quite a bit, surprise, surprise....alcohol flowing, not enough to eat, etc...! Anyway, if you've made friends during the first day or so, then just "hang" with the group if they're all okay with it. That way you avoid being that single just watching and waiting! You'll find that some people are perfectly fine by it and others will find it unacceptable. Last, and most importantly, make sure you communicate with your partner so that she knows how your evening went.....

Good luck and try to prevent your partner from checking in early, it's the best if you BOTH enjoy what Desire has to offer!

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:22 am

Actually this happens quite a bit, surprise, surprise....alcohol flowing, not enough to eat, etc...! Anyway, if you've made friends during the first day or so, then just "hang" with the group if they're all okay with it. That way you avoid being that single just watching and waiting! You'll find that some people are perfectly fine by it and others will find it unacceptable. Last, and most importantly, make sure you communicate with your partner so that she knows how your evening went.....

Good luck and try to prevent your partner from checking in early, it's the best if you BOTH enjoy what Desire has to offer!

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby arrow » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:24 pm

Your situation is usually easily explained to most guests, and that will be the end of it. No problem. Hanging out talking to people in the lobby is a great way to spend some alone time at desire. You will meet some awesome people there ! My wife often likes an afternoon nap (It helps her stay up later in the night!) and I find everyone is very understanding if I am on my own for a while.

However, I would NOT recommend going to the Jacuzzi area alone. It would be a hard sell that you are just "hanging out" while your wife is asleep. Its just too creepy for any guy to be up there alone, for any length of time. IMHO,The only thing that will come of that is you will be the creepy guy or you may get propositioned by some couple looking for a single guy. Neither of which your sleeping wife is likely to be happy about . Lol

And as E&J said, make sure you tell your wife about everything that happpened without her so she remains cool with it all. Communication is key !
arrow

Postby arrow » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:24 pm

Your situation is usually easily explained to most guests, and that will be the end of it. No problem. Hanging out talking to people in the lobby is a great way to spend some alone time at desire. You will meet some awesome people there ! My wife often likes an afternoon nap (It helps her stay up later in the night!) and I find everyone is very understanding if I am on my own for a while.

However, I would NOT recommend going to the Jacuzzi area alone. It would be a hard sell that you are just "hanging out" while your wife is asleep. Its just too creepy for any guy to be up there alone, for any length of time. IMHO,The only thing that will come of that is you will be the creepy guy or you may get propositioned by some couple looking for a single guy. Neither of which your sleeping wife is likely to be happy about . Lol

And as E&J said, make sure you tell your wife about everything that happpened without her so she remains cool with it all. Communication is key !
arrow

Postby Sawyer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:13 pm

Thanks, that is very helpful arrow and eddie.
I agree on all points. No way I would head to the jacuzzi. I am headed with a group so I think they would understand.
Arrow, the afternoon nap is a good plan, my wife will love it (she tries her hardest not to leave till the party stops and this might help). So now my next question is, what areas should I avoid during her afternoon nap? Not to sound naive but Desire seems to have its own culture and never having been there..., you get the idea. Is the pool and beach still ok? Should I put my shorts back on? Can I still socialize (within reason) or does that come off creepy in the daylight too? Its my vacation and I'm not going to spend it stressing too much about other people but by the same token if I can avoid making other people feel uncomfortable on their vacation in any way, I'm pretty adaptable and easy to please.
Thanks again.
Sawyer
Desire Convert

Postby Sawyer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:13 pm

Thanks, that is very helpful arrow and eddie.
I agree on all points. No way I would head to the jacuzzi. I am headed with a group so I think they would understand.
Arrow, the afternoon nap is a good plan, my wife will love it (she tries her hardest not to leave till the party stops and this might help). So now my next question is, what areas should I avoid during her afternoon nap? Not to sound naive but Desire seems to have its own culture and never having been there..., you get the idea. Is the pool and beach still ok? Should I put my shorts back on? Can I still socialize (within reason) or does that come off creepy in the daylight too? Its my vacation and I'm not going to spend it stressing too much about other people but by the same token if I can avoid making other people feel uncomfortable on their vacation in any way, I'm pretty adaptable and easy to please.
Thanks again.
Sawyer
Desire Convert

Postby miranda » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:30 pm

I think you will be fine at all places during the day. The beach beds, the pool, the bars and since you are travelling with a group, no one should really have any issues with you being a single male (at times).

But if I can suggest that perhaps a siesta on the beach beds during the day with your wife would be nice and relaxing for both of you. They really are comfortable and the waves rolling in could just lull her into dreamland.

What we tend to do, as a couple, is take our siestas in our room (together) around 5ish and go for a late dinner. Then we are both "good to go" for the rest of the evening and into the wee hours. And we don't feel like we've missed a thing.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby miranda » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:30 pm

I think you will be fine at all places during the day. The beach beds, the pool, the bars and since you are travelling with a group, no one should really have any issues with you being a single male (at times).

But if I can suggest that perhaps a siesta on the beach beds during the day with your wife would be nice and relaxing for both of you. They really are comfortable and the waves rolling in could just lull her into dreamland.

What we tend to do, as a couple, is take our siestas in our room (together) around 5ish and go for a late dinner. Then we are both "good to go" for the rest of the evening and into the wee hours. And we don't feel like we've missed a thing.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby rkdavid » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:30 pm

Sawyer,

You will be there with us and the YNOTS. No worries. We've got a great group going. Contact me via the yahoo group or PM me here if you want.

D&L
rkdavid

Postby rkdavid » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:30 pm

Sawyer,

You will be there with us and the YNOTS. No worries. We've got a great group going. Contact me via the yahoo group or PM me here if you want.

D&L
rkdavid

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya