first timer....insecurities.

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Postby nurse6 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:36 am

My husband and I have a trip booked for 1/20/11 for a week stay. We are very excited but also nervous. We are both very insecure people. We are both pretty normal physically...he is on the tall lean side and I am 5'5" and 150 lbs. Pleasantly rounded in all the important areas I think! We are both physically active people as well. I guess what I am trying to say is that I feel the need now to diet...step up the gym visits and plan time in the tanning bed! Getting nervous about strutting about naked or someone watching me have sex. I want to try...but nervous. Anyone else feel this way their first time....is everyone there gonna be super buff and gorgeous and make me wanna go back to my room and cry? (yes I am very sensitive)
nurse6
Desire Fan

Postby nurse6 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:36 am

My husband and I have a trip booked for 1/20/11 for a week stay. We are very excited but also nervous. We are both very insecure people. We are both pretty normal physically...he is on the tall lean side and I am 5'5" and 150 lbs. Pleasantly rounded in all the important areas I think! We are both physically active people as well. I guess what I am trying to say is that I feel the need now to diet...step up the gym visits and plan time in the tanning bed! Getting nervous about strutting about naked or someone watching me have sex. I want to try...but nervous. Anyone else feel this way their first time....is everyone there gonna be super buff and gorgeous and make me wanna go back to my room and cry? (yes I am very sensitive)
nurse6
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:46 am

Your initial feelings are perfectly normal and shared by most newbies to Desire. It will help if you read through all the FAQs, trip reports and get involved online with others that will be there at the same time as yourselves through the arriving section or Yahoo groups set up for that time period.

Anticipation of a Desire visit is half the fun !!
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby CokeMann » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:46 am

Your initial feelings are perfectly normal and shared by most newbies to Desire. It will help if you read through all the FAQs, trip reports and get involved online with others that will be there at the same time as yourselves through the arriving section or Yahoo groups set up for that time period.

Anticipation of a Desire visit is half the fun !!
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Denver Duo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:14 am

nurse, remember that the most important part of going to Desire for most couples is to make their relationship with their partner better. What others think shouldn't really matter cuz no one will know you and no one cares. The visitors at Desire are really accepting of most others and you two sound very normal.

If an increase in trips to the gym or the tanning beds will make you feel better about yourself, then by all means do so. Your partner will appreciate it and you will enjoy the attention, although from other guests it will likely be subtle.
Denver Duo
Desire Lover

Postby Denver Duo » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:14 am

nurse, remember that the most important part of going to Desire for most couples is to make their relationship with their partner better. What others think shouldn't really matter cuz no one will know you and no one cares. The visitors at Desire are really accepting of most others and you two sound very normal.

If an increase in trips to the gym or the tanning beds will make you feel better about yourself, then by all means do so. Your partner will appreciate it and you will enjoy the attention, although from other guests it will likely be subtle.
Denver Duo
Desire Lover

Postby Rogen » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi Nurse. I know how you feel. My wife and I are going for our first time in May and were nervous about being nude in front of others and especially nervous about having sex n front of others. Well, seeing as how we had to work on our tans and our insecurities, we went to our local nudist club. We thought it might be easier with non-sexual nudity. I'm sure it's nothing like Desire (although we did meet some lifestyle couples there that we had, umm... fun with- in private) but it melted our insecurities away. Now we love being naked in social settings. We're even getting a membership at the nudist club and, since we're not as insecure, the idea of having sex in front of others is more exciting and not as scary. If you have anything like that in your area I would highly recommended it.
Rogen

Postby Rogen » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi Nurse. I know how you feel. My wife and I are going for our first time in May and were nervous about being nude in front of others and especially nervous about having sex n front of others. Well, seeing as how we had to work on our tans and our insecurities, we went to our local nudist club. We thought it might be easier with non-sexual nudity. I'm sure it's nothing like Desire (although we did meet some lifestyle couples there that we had, umm... fun with- in private) but it melted our insecurities away. Now we love being naked in social settings. We're even getting a membership at the nudist club and, since we're not as insecure, the idea of having sex in front of others is more exciting and not as scary. If you have anything like that in your area I would highly recommended it.
Rogen

Postby fun4us » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:51 pm

You'll be absolutely fine. Desire is such a wonderful place. My hubby and I visited for the very first time August 1st. We were naked and in the hottub within 15 minutes of unpacking. That being said, our flight came in late and we arrived at the resort very late afternoon. We had never even been to a clothing optional resort or club prior to arriving.

It is such a unique, romantic, sexy and welcoming place.

There will be all kinds of different shapes and sizes. We too were very nervous going and have to say we can't wait to go back!!

Feel free to pm me, if you have any specific questions.
fun4us
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Cafe Desire

Postby fun4us » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:51 pm

You'll be absolutely fine. Desire is such a wonderful place. My hubby and I visited for the very first time August 1st. We were naked and in the hottub within 15 minutes of unpacking. That being said, our flight came in late and we arrived at the resort very late afternoon. We had never even been to a clothing optional resort or club prior to arriving.

It is such a unique, romantic, sexy and welcoming place.

There will be all kinds of different shapes and sizes. We too were very nervous going and have to say we can't wait to go back!!

Feel free to pm me, if you have any specific questions.
fun4us
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 03 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Cafe Desire

Postby ddawn » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:50 pm

We know exactly how you feel, probably all or maybe most of us has went through the same apprehensions on our first visit to a nude club or resort. I know the wife and I went through the how do I look, is everyone looking at me, am I too plump, how do we measure up with the other men and women.....it all goes away in about 10 minutes when we find out we are not the only ones that does not have perfect bodies, or if you do have perfect bodies, bless you and enjoy.... just relax and have fun and remember that the couple next to you probably had the same nervious conditions as you at one time......
ddawn
Desire Convert

Postby ddawn » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:50 pm

We know exactly how you feel, probably all or maybe most of us has went through the same apprehensions on our first visit to a nude club or resort. I know the wife and I went through the how do I look, is everyone looking at me, am I too plump, how do we measure up with the other men and women.....it all goes away in about 10 minutes when we find out we are not the only ones that does not have perfect bodies, or if you do have perfect bodies, bless you and enjoy.... just relax and have fun and remember that the couple next to you probably had the same nervious conditions as you at one time......
ddawn
Desire Convert

Postby mo couple » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:59 pm

...as others have said, there are a huge number of shapes and sizes there. Be proud of your body and yourself for having the courage to take such a big step. We took our first trip there and we're no Ken and Barbie. Desire has a way of making you feel sexy and beautiful - it really does. You'll be SO glad you went. Don't worry and just have fun. This trip was a real eye opener for us as it will be for you. It's truly enhanced our marriage. Hope you feel the same way upon returning. Feel free to PM us!
mo couple

Postby Sharon and David » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:15 pm

Mo couple so well said!!!!
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA

Postby allovatan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:06 am

As far as having sex in front of others, you may want to head to the jacuzzi one night early in your trip, before the disco empties out. You'll have the place to yourselves pretty much and be able to get comfortable with the idea of sex in the open. You'll find yourself so engaged with your partner you won't even notice as the crowd starts to move from the disco to the jacuzzi.

With the new playroom set up the same would work there as well.

Enjoy!!
allovatan
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya