January Weather

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

January Weather

Postby nutsforgolf » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:08 pm

I have seen the avg temp charts, but for those of you that have gone in January, please tell me your experience. My wife is afraid that it will be too cold to go nude in the evenings (on the outside beds).
nutsforgolf

Postby CokeMann » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:40 pm

I would generally agree with her concerns - Jan, Feb and March are the coolest months at Desire. Most evenings there is also a fairly brisk constant wind which makes it feel even cooler.

If you are talking about nude on the beach beds in the evening you will be very uncomfortable. If you are talking about the beds up by the jacuzzi then possibly ok for a short time since they are somewhat protected from the wind.
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby HedoAntique » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:25 pm

It was January the first time we went to Desire and I needed a sweater in the evenings. The jacuzzi was ok but sometimes we'd use a towel to cover up. After that experience we decided to plan trips there in the warmer months. The water and air are warmer and it's pleasant to walk around in the evening in the comfort of the lovely warm tropical breezes.
HedoAntique
Desire Fan

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:11 am

Well, I suppose it depends on how tolerant you are. We are from the midwest and didn't mind the temps in the evenings this past January (late Jan/early Feb). Unfortunately the pool heater wasn't working in the pool area and it was a bit chilly but I still jumped in daily for a swim and just to cool off a bit.

Now, the temp change once you get out of the hot tub and go to one of the beds may be a bit much if you don't wrap your self in a towel and dry off. Even then the evenings were very enjoyable......in our opinion.

Great crowd at the end of January as well so I wouldn't shy away if that time frame works well for you guys.

E&J
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby LeeRain » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:58 pm

I am not accustomed to altering/editing HTML codes. Firstly is this the correct area to post such a request?

From Site Admin - You are NOT allowed to post links to commercial websites as part of your posts, this is considered spam - please stop or your account will be frozen
LeeRain

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya