Desire or Temptatios?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Desire or Temptatios?

Postby lyndasline » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:06 pm

My husband and I are debating between these 2 resorts, any advise? We have never done anything like this... so the whole thing makes us both excited and nervous. I will be getting a tummy tuck and boob job about 7/8 weeks before our trip...so no being naked for me. (and hubby would keep hisshorts n too) We are 40 and 41 years old and like the "classier" crowd. Any advise???? Thanks! :?:
lyndasline

Postby CokeMann » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:25 pm

There are many good reasons to go to either Temptations or Desire but if what your looking for in a vacation doesn't align with the "vibe" of the resort then you may be disappointed.

So what exactly are you looking for in a vacation destination?
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby lyndasline » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:39 pm

I am not sure what we are looking for... excitment for 1 thing:) We have been togeather for 20 years and are looking to spice things up. I do not think we would be into the swinging thing (but its fun to think about :)) We want to be able to flirt and have fun, but end the night just with each other. Thinking and talking about this place is really fun... but bringing our fantasies into the real world make me a bit nervous!
lyndasline

Postby miranda » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Temptations would be my suggestion for you.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby Lee & Kerri » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:57 pm

I agree with Miranda. I would also advise you to read all the reviews posted, especially by newbies to the resorts.
Lee & Kerri
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:01 am

lyndasline wrote:I am not sure what we are looking for... excitment for 1 thing:) We have been togeather for 20 years and are looking to spice things up. I do not think we would be into the swinging thing (but its fun to think about :)) We want to be able to flirt and have fun, but end the night just with each other. Thinking and talking about this place is really fun... but bringing our fantasies into the real world make me a bit nervous!

Here is some basic info on the two resorts that is not generally in most TA descriptions that should give you a little more insight - I would also highly recommend that you read through the Trip Report section of this site with particular attention to reports by Desire "newbies" for their reactions.

Desire - basic 411
Location: Riviera Maya - 20 min south of Cancun Airport, semi private location right on the ocean
Resort Size, # of Guest rooms: 114
Resort Layout: multiple small buildings, set up as a small village with landscaped pathways connecting the buildings
Guest Restrictions: over 21, M/F Couples only
Median Age of Guests: 43
Day Entertainment: full EC day program around pool, non motorized water sports
Night Entertainment: Lobby Lounge live entertainment each evening(8pm>11pm), on site body painter 2 evening a week, on site disco(11pm>1am), Playroom
Pools: one (clothing optional), heated
Beach: white sand, runs the entire length of the resort property, all clothing optional, 40 beach beds for couples
Jacuzzi: unique open to the air 3rd floor heated Jacuzzi pool with bar, clothing optional
Nudity: clothing optional @ beach, pool, Jacuzzi - cover ups req'd elsewhere, restaurants-must be dressed
PDA: openly allowed around the resort
PDS: openly allowed in Playroom or Jacuzzi beds, if discreet other locations around the resort as well
Overall Resort "vibe": Sensual Erotic, where couples can re connect and explore their fantasies privately or with others

Temptations Cancun- basic 411
Location: Cancun Hotel Zone - 20 min north of Cancun Airport, located with all other major hotels
Resort Size, # of Guest rooms: 384
Resort Layout: typical large hotel multi floor, multi block format
Guest Restrictions: over 21 only - singles or couples
Median Age of Guests: 36
Day Entertainment: full EC day program around pool, non motorized water sports
Night Entertainment: 2 nights a week - most guests leave hotel and go to clubs in the HZ or Cancun for the evening
Pools: two (one topless optional), both not heated
Beach: white sand, small, topless optional
Nudity: - not allowed in any public areas
PDA: - not allowed in any public areas
PDS: - not allowed in any public areas - may be evicted from hotel if caught
Overall Resort "vibe": Frat Party, where guests can cut loose, tease and party with others
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

both resorts?

Postby lyndasline » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Dose anyone split their time between the 2 resorts? That way the next time...you would know which was more your style:) I was thinking 2 nights at desire and 3 at Temptation.What are the best nights at Desire? Temptations? :?:
lyndasline

Postby CokeMann » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:36 pm

Yes, people sometimes do it - most that have done it commented that they would put their stay at Temptations at the beginning because once they got to Desire they didn't want to leave and go elsewhere - if you are looking for serious one on one time as a couple I would recommend you stay at Desire the bulk of your time.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby miranda » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:58 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "the best nights"? It all depends on what you are looking for and what you want. Are you looking at the "entertainment" aspect? The Theme nights? The capacity ratio?

Not having been to Temptations, I can't really compare the two resorts.

Having been to Desire (Cabo twice, Cancun once and booked for a return trip), and only read about "what happens" at Temptations all I can say that Desire is for us.

Temptations has a more "party" atmosphere, topless only, sexy "wannabe's" in their own way. Singles are welcome at Temptations and it sounds like a younger crowd. Maybe we're "too old" for it?

Desire is couples only, erotic, romantic, classy, clothing optional, full on sex can (and will be) seen and performed in designated (or not so designated) public places. It satisfies our heart, mind, body and spirit.

I'm curious about your comments about you both leaving your clothing on. Why? No one at Desire cares about your size, your shape, your scars, etc.

We are not looking for a party place (been there, done that).

We don't need to be entertained by anyone - we can entertain ourselves.

We don't swing but we don't care if others do. We may "play" with others but it has to click with everyone. We don't necessarily seek it but are open to it.

We like to watch and be watched (discretely).

We are comfortable being nude in front of other, but don't care if others don't feel comfortable being totally nude in public and no one should be forced to be nude if they don't want to be.

Desire is for us. Temptations may be for you.

You have gotten some great advice here. Read the "newbie" questions, responses and trip reports. Then go to www.cancuncare.com and check out the forum on Temptations. Good luck with whatever resort you choose.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby oldseadog » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:11 am

If you are worried about your surgical scars, look at the FAQ section.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby lyndasline » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Thanks for all the great responses. My scar will be new (dont even have it yet:)) and I cant have it be in the sun for 6 months. (I guess it scars more with exposer to sun) At night... I can bare everything:O I think we will split our time between the 2 resorts...ending at Desire.Hope to meet some of you in mid December:)
lyndasline

Postby miranda » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Have fun and come back and tell us your thoughts about both places.
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby njdesirecpl » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:57 pm

We have stayed at both desire ( 9th trip coming in Feb.) and temptations (once for a night). We chose to stay at temptations on the first night of our trip as we knew we would be experiencing jet lag. The resort was ok but did have the frat party excessive driniing feel to it. Desire on the other hand is a very classy place with a more upscale clientele.

We have only played on the last few trips and were always welcomed by all no what our comfort levels were. In short, you will not find more friendly people than at Desire.
njdesirecpl
Desire Devotee

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya