Wearing Wedding Rings

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Wearing Wedding Rings

Postby dannkellie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:18 pm

My wife and I haven't been to Desire before and we were thinking of not wearing our wedding rings.

But I can see pros and cons to wearing and not wearing. Is it even worth thinking about?
dannkellie

Postby njdesirecpl » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:18 pm

the wife and I have been to Desire 8 times with our 9th time cumming up in February. We have always worn our wedding rings and never gave it any thought. No one has ever asked us about the rings. We do whatever makes you most comfortable and be prepared to have the time of your life.

T&S
njdesirecpl
Desire Devotee

Postby CokeMann » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Most couples that are looking to play with other couples at Desire do look for the other couple to be real, honest, fun and most importantly in a stable relationship with each other - ie no drama !!

That should help answer the question about wearing your wedding rings......
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby miranda » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:22 pm

What are your reasons for considering NOT wearing your rings?
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby tout.prest » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:40 am

miranda wrote:What are your reasons for considering NOT wearing your rings?

Exactly what I was wondering as well..........Maybe i missed something :?

Wayne makes a good point. The fact that you may be perceived as "playing some type of game" or drama would be far more of a concern than any wedding band,IMHO .

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby aandk4fun » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:20 pm

we didn't wear our wedding rings.. why??

he never wears it (just habit and works with hands)

she didn't want to possibly have her ring stolen, saftey concerns, just safer to leave at home

other than that, who cares....
aandk4fun
Desire Fan

Postby Nolaflacav » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:16 pm

It seems after the first few days of heat, alcohol, and major salt intake the old fingers start to swell and the wedding rings get left in the room. But that is the only reason.

As a result of this she actually lost her wedding ring at Desire 3 or 4 trips ago. We weren't paying attention when we came back to the room and her ring inadvertently got tossed when we were moving stuff around on the counter. We searched for a long time but could never find it again.

We joke about Desire being the cause of her never wearing her ring again... but not in the way most people would think!
Nolaflacav
Desire Fan

We are from: USA

Postby vablondie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:35 pm

We've been to Desire 9 times and I have yet to wear my wedding rings. At home I wear them plus two others all the time but at Desire I just figure why bother. Between being in the ocean and constant sunscreen application it just isn't worth it. Well that plus lube and rings just don't mix. No one has ever asked or noticed. I do know of one woman who bought a cheap spare to wear while there, she was worried of theft or just losing it in the ocean.
vablondie
Desire Lover

Postby tannaked » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:34 am

10 trips to Desire so far and we have yet to wear our wedding rings. Most of the reasons have been stated already. We are very secure in our relationship and practically joined at the hip (or elsewhere) a lot of the time at Desire so no worries about mixed signals to others. Absolutely no tan lines either.

Ritch
Couples T I 6 trips
C R C 7 trips
Hidden Beach 1 trip
Desire Riviera Maya 38 trips
still in love
tannaked
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Wedding Rings

Postby Luv4life » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:00 am

We've been to Desire 6 times and wear our in the evenings rings...why? Because at home we always wear them (except if going to the beach)! There is no need to get them all oily so we might not wear them during the day at the beach/pool. At night we usually wear them except if after the disco we go back to our room to get into robes to head over to the hot tub...then we might, or might not wear them. To be honest, we don't over think it and I don't think anyone else should either. As a matter of fact, just don't over think anything. Just do what makes both of you comfortable and don't worry. If you are talking to other couples inevitably all will find out who is married, for how long, are there kids, etc, etc.
Luv4life
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 14 Dec 2014

Re: Wedding Rings

Postby Powderfinger » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:51 am

Luv4life wrote:To be honest, we don't over think it and I don't think anyone else should either. As a matter of fact, just don't over think anything. Just do what makes both of you comfortable and don't worry.

Words to live by......can honestly say that neither of us, on any of our Desire trips, has ever paid even the slightest bit of attention as to whether or not someone was, or wasn't, wearing a wedding ring.....in fact, I can't even tell you how much the Mrs. wears hers while there....and I haven't worn a ring at all in years....
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya