ROOMS??

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

ROOMS??

Postby jebvic » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:51 pm

I know this subject is beat to death but here goes....
WE are going to Desire Cancun for the first time in December for my husbands BIG B-Day. And we booked a GV room - I don't really want too hear a bunch of noise but do not want the room to be one of the smaller ones and would like maybe a peek of the ocean. Also would like a balocony..

Thanks! :?
jebvic

Postby CokeMann » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:43 pm

Have a look in the Cancun FAQ section, you will find a map of the resort that shows all the rooms and also which ones are queen or king size beds.

If you want to request a specific room email Desire no more that two weeks before your arrival date with the request - be sure to include both of your first and last names as well as your arrival date and hotel reservation confirmation number. There are no guarantees that you will get the requested room but they do try to accommodate requests when possible

All the second floor room have shared balconies, most of the first floor rooms have shared patios.

If your are looking for quiet, I would suggest one of the rooms to the north side of the resort (away from the disco and lobby) - rooms 2305 and 2405 have good ocean views from their shared balcony
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby jebvic » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:33 pm

Thanks- Coke Man!!
jebvic

Postby Perkypuppy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:37 pm

We enjoyed our stay in 2105 .
It is located directly in front of the Spa building with a shared balcony and a pretty good view of the ocean between 2200 and 2500 buildings .
Very quiet area of resort and very close to spa ,lobby bar , and palapa beds ! :wink:
Perkypuppy

Postby Perkypuppy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:28 pm

I would recommend checking the room chart after being assigned a room number if your not familiar with the resort.
We are going end of Nov. and paid for an oceanview room and luckily noticed our room was gardenview.
We had booked thru Denny and he called the resort and got us into an oceanview room .
Perkypuppy

Deire Cancun now pre-assigning rooms?

Postby ottawa_cuple » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:56 am

Is Desire Cancun now pre-assigning rooms? When we went last Christmas, they wouldn't assign you a room until you arrived.
ottawa_cuple

Postby CokeMann » Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:24 am

I'm not sure what Perkypuppy is referring to.

At both the Cancun and Cabo locations, exact room assignments are not made until the day or so before you arrive.

The only thing that is guaranteed is your room category - Garden / Ocean View / Jacuzzi / Passion Suite.

You or your TA can request a specific room number but there is no guarantee that you will get what has been requested.

Essentially room assignments are ROH (run of house) within each room category type - the same system used by almost all hotels and resorts
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

desire dec 2008

Postby ehop » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:47 pm

we'er going on dec 5th for 5 days last we went to desire a week before & did the express check in & picked our room 2107 i thank it was i thought we do this aain speeds up check in anybody going at this time post and ill email you back this is our 4th time.
ehop

Postby Perkypuppy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:44 pm

My apologies for the confusion ! :oops:
Our TA put in a request for a gardenview room after we paid for oceanview.
He called the resort personally and changed it to a request for an oceanview room.
Perkypuppy

Postby FolksinGA » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:24 am

We would recommend 1911 if it's available. We've been in that one twice, second floor, and a good ocean view...
FolksinGA

Postby Yankeefan » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:06 am

DO NOT STAY IN 1611-1612. They say oceanview but there is a HUGE palm tree outside the balcony which blocks your view. FYI
SLS: Yankeefans
Yankeefan
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 13 Aug 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya