Music

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Music

Postby nurse6 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:08 pm

We really love music, especially great make-out music. The beat helps set the pace sometimes (if you know what I mean!). I have a nice selection on my ipod and some ipod speakers as well that I though of bringing along. Do you think it would be frowned upon to bring out our music in jacuzzi or other public place? I was thinking that others might enjoy but I never want to offend.
nurse6
Desire Fan

Postby miranda » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:09 am

With all due respect, your "great make-out music" may not be our "great make-out music".

I'm pretty sure Desire has music piped in at various locales but if you, perhaps, wanted to share a 'secluded' bed somewhere on the property and kept the volume down a bit, perhaps no one would mind.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby it's all good! » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:02 pm

We have experienced other people bringing their own music with speakers on the beach beds. Quite honestly, it put everyone in the proximity of the music in an uncomfortable position. Many of the guests wanted to approach the people and tell them to turn down or turn off the music, but it would have led to some kind of confrontation. No one goes to Desire to have any kind of confrontation, or even put into that position.

The people that had the music blaring, and one other couple that was with them were really enjoying themselves, and they just assumed everyone else was enjoying themselves. Not true, the beach beds are for relaxing and enjoying other peoples company. I would suggest bring your i-pod and earphones for your own pleasure, bring the speakers for for your room and not put people in a sticky situation.

Just a thought from our previous trips.

Don
it's all good!
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Jan 2017

Postby CokeMann » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:15 pm

I would have to agree with miranda and Don. We have done close to 20 trips to Desire since it opened in 2003 and I think the only thing that has caused us annoyance during these trips are others inconsiderate use of cell phones and music players.

We are barraged by noise ( traffic, cell phones, mall background music, etc) in our daily life and one of our small pleasures is getting away from that during vacation and just letting all of our senses re awake.

Loud use of cell phones or amplified music players on the beach beds next to you are a real downer and intrusive to those of us that are trying to enjoy intimate moments with our SO and friends.

If you really want to enjoy your music, headphones(besides providing better quality sound) are the preferred considerate option.
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby tout.prest » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:04 pm

Completely agree with the others on this. Having others choice of "great"music can be a real downer if its not your choice of "great"music. Desire has "mood" music (Chill Lounge) already softly playing at the beach and Jacuzzi so there should be no need for others.
Headphones or ear-buds are the only way to go on the beach.

Now if you want it in your own room, thats a different story. No need to bring your own speakers though, as all room have an i-pod dock on the room radio.

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby nurse6 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:06 pm

Thanks for the input. We will plan on enjoying the solitude and the beach.
nurse6
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:29 pm

nurse6 - thanks for asking in advance - very considerate of you - you will fit right in with the Desire vibe !!!
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby miranda » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:56 pm

And I concur with CokeMann - thanks for asking in advance. We love the sound of the waves and the breeze - the quiet solitude and the folks moaning with pleasure beside us. :wink:
miranda
Desire Legend

Postby Sharon and David » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:47 pm

Miranda, yes, yes, yes!!!! the waves, breeze, moaning. This is our Desire!
Sharon and David
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA

Postby nurse6 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Can't wait to start the moaning on my side of the beach! Thanks Cokeman....wish I could meet you! You seem like the shiz!!!
nurse6
Desire Fan

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya