Vegetarian Options

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Vegetarian Options

Postby artistic1 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:57 pm

Hello - We are wondering what sort of Vegetarian food options there are at Desire? The Buffet would have many choices but wondering about the restaurants? Let us know, thanks
artistic1
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 30 Nov 2013

Postby oldseadog » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:31 am

Our experience is that if you have a food requirement and tell the resort about it in good time they will do everything possible to accomodate you.
We have a serious allergy problem and have never had any cause for complaint.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby tout.prest » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:54 pm

You should have no problem. I too, have an allergy issue (nuts) and Mia and the staff have always been very helpful in trying to get it worked out. I had one BAD experience with it, but that was several trips ago. It has been no issue since Alessio took over as Food and beverage Manager.

My suggestion would be to contact Allesio Garabaldi at the resort with any questions or concerns. He is a great guy and is very helpful .

Steve :wink:
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby LandS » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:10 am

I am vegetarian and it was not as easy as you would think. The Asian restrant has a veg menu but you will end up with a lot of the same thing. Finding a none meat protein was difficult for me, most of the beans had some type of meat in them. The buffet is a different theme everynight, so it was hit and miss as to what was available meat less. They do alot of cooking in front of you at the buffet as well and my biggest problem was getting them not to cook my grilled veg next to the big pile of meat on the same grill. But they do go out of their way to try and accomidate you. Breakfast for me was the easiest meal to eat without meat in everything. Hunting down peanutbutter in the morning was more of a challange, but they found a jar......so good luck, but the Morocan couscous is fantastic in the white resturant. But my thinking is that wine is made from a fruit, so if you drink enough all is good. :)

Shan
LandS
Desire Convert

Postby oldseadog » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:51 pm

Lands,
as I said before, if you let the resort know a couple of weeks in advance you will not have a problem.
We never had a problem about cooking shellfish/crustaceans in the same pan/grill as other things - just ask for separation or a clean pan/grill, and why, and it happens.
That's our experience anyway.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya