Activities besides sex :)

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Activities besides sex :)

Postby espmanhattan » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:32 am

We apologize if this topic was posted somewhere else before but we wanted to know what types of activities go on throughout the day at Desire.

Is there beach volleyball? Do the activity coordinators get people involved and interacting?

We did Hedo two years ago and found that besides pool vollleyball and a few trivia contests by the pool bar there was not much else.

Any information is greatly appreciated!
espmanhattan
Desire Fan

Postby CLG » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:59 am

There are plenty of daily activities. If you go to Desire's website and join the blog, they list the daily activites. We do a lot of activities while we visit, there is plenty to do.
CLG

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2017

Postby mande » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:05 am

From year to year there has always been a turn over in activity staff but they try really hard to keep people interacting. Yes there is trivia stuff like you describe at hedo but other stuff as well. Water aerobics, ping pong, crazy contests at the pool, stretching, horse shoes and lots more.

Even after a night of mucho tequila drinking I always try and make the 11am beach volleyball!
mande
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 19 Jan 2016

Postby tout.prest » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:09 am

Since you mentioned beach volleyball.....

We LOVE playing beach volleyball and try to do it at Desire as much as we can. The best games are always when everyone is just there for fun, but almost every trip, inevitibly, there is some guy who is trying to recapture his failed olympic attempt and takes thing WAY to seriously ! DON'T BE THAT GUY !!!

Don't get me wrong...everyone loves a good game with action and rallies but c'mon, is it really necessary to slam/spike the ball at a topless woman ? I've never understood who exactly, is impressed by that ??? :roll:

I am just thankful that the games are early enough in the day that alcohol isn't usually a factor......

Steve
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby mande » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:29 pm

Well put. I think we actually played with "that guy". :)
mande
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2016

Postby Luv4life » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:26 pm

We just returned and here's what I remember as far as daytime activities. They start at 10am and generally offer stretching and/or yoga, as well as horseshoes or bocce. 11:00 is beach volleyball. 12:00 is usually water aerobics. Break in activities from around 12:30-1:30. 2:00 is some skill game such as darts, cornhole (throwing beanbags into a hole, more fun than it sounds!) or ping pong. 2:30 is a fun contest involving couples (chocolate sauce, towel dancing, etc)3:00 is water volleyball or water polo. And there is usually a movie or song trivia contest thrown in at some point. The staff try to coax guests into joining in and some activities are more well received than others. It seems to be just the right amount of activity for us. Bear in mind that all of this is around the pool, so if you are beach people, you will have no idea these things are going on, so check the board at the pool to see if anything interests you for the day.

Hope this helps!
Luv4life
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 14 Dec 2014

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya