"Take Over" Weeks

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

"Take Over" Weeks

Postby nwright2181 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:45 am

Hubby and I are definitely considering this resort next Christmas for my 40th birthday and for Christmas.

One question I have is in regards to what I have read about "take over" weeks...where there are large groups of people there seemingly together. Sounds like fun...BUT...with this being our 1st trip and never having experienced anything like this...I am afraid it would be a little overwhelming. So...how do we find out when these weeks are going on?

Any advice you have is appreciated.

:D
nwright2181
Desire Fan

Postby CokeMann » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:48 pm

Look at the Forums Groups and Event Calendar http://desireresorts.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=322

We try to keep it updated with what is happening at Desire throughout the year
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby vablondie » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:55 pm

We have taken many trips over the last couple of years to Desire and have therefore formed an opinion about this very topic. We have gone with groups, takeover groups, friends, and all by our lonesome so have pretty much done it all. At this point we try to avoid when "groups" are going to be there. In our opinion having a group there rarely works out well. They tend to be a bit annoying by being loud and boisterous and yet not wanting to include anyone that is not already in their group, so I guess a clique would describe them. To me this is just not what Desire is all about. I am there to meet and have fun with people from every walk, age and shape of life. I like to see everyone have a good time.
I will clarify the group thing a bit, I'm talking about groups that they all know each other. Takeovers or large swinger site groups like SDC, Kasidie, Lifestyle Lounge etc. tend to be fine. People don't really already know each other and are more than willing to include and meet new people. I realize that i am kind of generalizing here, but as I said this is just our opinion and experience.
If at least one of you is outgoing and friendly you really will have no trouble meeting people and having a great time going alone without a group there. Just hang out at the pool or hot tub and strike up a conversation with those around you. People are super friendly and are there to socialize. I would also suggest trying to meet at least one other couple for dinner each night. This is a great no strings attached way to really get to know people.

There is a section on Desire's website that has upcoming events (I think thats what its called) that list's the dates for when groups will be there.
vablondie
Desire Lover

Postby nwright2181 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Thank you both. I should have mentioned that we are hoping to kind of avoid going when groups like that will be there. But you know what?! If/WHEN we go, we are just going to go with an open mind, be ourselves and have a great time. Whatever happens...or doesn't happen...it's all good! :wink:
nwright2181
Desire Fan

Postby mfay » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:52 am

As Vablondie says, there are groups who tend to be exclusive, and others where very few folks know each other. But keep in mind there are also groups like the Ynots and Hot Tamales where there are a lot of folks who know each other and come back every year- but who also specialize in welcoming EVERYONE any trying to make sure that nobody feels excluded.
Also keep in mind that the events section on the Desire site is not very complete. Many groups done thru travel agents refuse to list there because Desire won't allow a link to the travel agent sponsor and the agents don't won't folks to book their groups direct with the resort. On our groups and events calender here in the forum we try to list all the events shown on the Desire calender along with all the events sponsored by the major travel agents so our calender is much more complete.
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya