Who did you book your trips with?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Who did you book your trips with?

Postby Stormgsd » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:28 am

Who do you book your trips with? :D
Stormgsd

Postby mfay » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:17 am

The last several:
Char Travel
char@chartravel.com
www.chartravel.com
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby miranda » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:22 am

We booked the resort through the resort and the flight through the airline.

We have also prebooked the transfer to the resort from the airport online and we have also just grabbed a transfer once we got to the airport.

Had no problems doing it either way.

If you book through a travel site, it MAY include the transfer.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby vablondie » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:29 am

We usually book through the resort. Have found that this is just all around easier and a safer bet if you need to cancel or change your dates. However, Juanita at Dream Pleasure Tours is a doll. Whenever we have special circumstances (usually because we are trying to book late and the rooms are full) we go through her and she works her magic.
vablondie
Desire Lover

Postby FRANCODOA » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:57 am

We've used several TAs as well as have booked directly.
Would unhesitatingly recommend:
Don @ Right Connections Travel
rightconnectionstravel.com

We are FFMile whores and fly free, however I have frequently read on here that if you are paying for airfare, you can get good air/hotel combined rates at Expedia. (No personal experience with it.)
FRANCODOA
Desire Devotee

Postby tout.prest » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:59 pm

I used Expedia once to travel to Desire in 12/2009 and it worked great. Plus Expedia gave me a huge discount at the resort because I booked flights with them at the same time (Flights were no more money on Expedia than on the airlines website either btw). It was By far the least expensive of our Desire trips. I have heard that some people have had bad experiences with Expedia, but I also use them all the time for business travel as well and have never had a problem.

We book direct when using FFM's , because i see no reason not to. Its a simple system and I tend to think I may have more "Pull" if there is a problem on arrival. Not that that has ever happened.

We used Castaway travel on our first trip and it was "Okay" . Thats about all I can say for it. We never used them again because they employ Lomas travel for transfers and i was not impressed with them at all.

Our next trip is booked in May with Char travel and she has been fantastic thus far. I have been having some issues with the reservation and the dates but Char is working with me to help me modify as needed and provide advice as well. Never had that before !

Steve :D
tout.prest
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2016

Postby springer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:32 pm

We booked our last four trips with DennyP Travel. Transfers often are included. Denny is very responsive and dependable. We always take care of the air travel ourselves through the airlines websites, because we don't live near a large metro area and can't take advantage of super discounts. We usually book at least 4 months out. With some of the weeks at Desire, say the Hot Tamales and Ynots week in May, booking earlier than four months out is probably necessary.
springer
Desire Convert

Postby Whoneedssunscreencpl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:02 pm

We have used a TA on one occasion (Shoes Only Travel). We have also booked direct with the resort. No real problems either time but we got no particular benefits either. This coming trip in April we used Expedia because we actually did get a good break on the airfare that way. We'll see how it turns out this time! We use Expedia often for travel within the U.S. and have never had a problem in the past, so we are optimistic.
Whoneedssunscreencpl
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jan 2022

Postby mikeinnj » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:05 pm

we used Travelocity for the first time - everyone else had an almost identical price but travelocity worked out much cheaper when bundling everything. Hope the trip works out as smooth as the booking process.
Kik: mikeinnj1
mikeinnj
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 14 May 2024

Postby toobusylivin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Always used Expedia. 5 trips, no problems! (knock wood)
toobusylivin
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 19 Mar 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby East_Ont_Cpl » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:56 am

This April/May booked with Char of Chartravel and so far very pleased.

In the past have booked with:

DennyP (Would use again)
SDC (Would only use if we have to, ie. a specific takeover week or a group deal - wasn't impressed with customer service)
East_Ont_Cpl
Desire Lover

Postby pyramid » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Have always used dennyp.com for multiple trips to Cancun, Cabo, and Jamaica.

Always GREAT response to inquiries and FANTASTIC customer service. No reason to go elsewhere!
pyramid
Desire Fan

Booked with..

Postby theLUSTs » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:00 am

Hi
We booked once with DennyP and this time with Char Travel.
theLUSTs
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 01 Feb 2018

Postby daughen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:36 am

We booked thru the resort which was fine but then got a $65.00 charge from VISA for a FOREIGN TRANSACTION FEE. Just something to be aware of.
daughen

Postby nascentfun » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:55 am

We booked through Expedia. First Expedia booking for an out of country trip, but have used Expedia a few times before with no problems. The savings over booking direct were significant (for air + hotel). Their travel insurance was much less than others'. (just hope we never have to use it!)
nascentfun
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2017

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya