Pre sending luggage

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Pre sending luggage

Postby skinneydippers » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:46 pm

With all the hastel of TSA and airlines charging an arm n a leg for extra baggage we were thinking of sending our luggage UPS in advance that way we have just our cary ons and dont have to drag stuff through the airports and customs would be a breeze. If we sent it would the hotel tend to it if it came a day or 2 early. I have herd its 50 bucks or more depending on the weight of the bag each way. UPS round trip for a 50 lb bag is just under 50 bucks and no hastle of lugging it around, no hastle with the airlines loosing it, or the TSA people stealing stuff......
skinneydippers
Desire Convert

desire trip

Postby ehop » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:53 am

weve been 3 time & going back in dec .we use carry ons we take less stuff because we are nude more :lol: its so hard going through customs so we pack less & wear less!
ehop

Postby CokeMann » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:20 am

Skinney - Besides having the complications of having to do international waybills and customs documentation for the UPS shipment each way, this is just economically a bad idea

For example: I just ran a typical suitcase of 50 lbs through the UPS online shipping cost calculator - to send one bag, one way from say NY city to Desire Cancun will cost you $305.52 USD each way - LOL

I think who ever gave you the $50 amount was just guessing - and not too accurately at that
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Luggage

Postby Darcy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi, For international travel, most airlines do not charge for luggage. In Sept. on AA, we were allowed two check-in each (no more than 50 lbs. per bag) and one carry-on each. We checked one bag each and had no problems. In fact, for the past 6 trips to Cancun we have done the same without any luggage problems and we always have a connection. Once in Cancun, it wasn't a hassle getting the luggage off the luggage rack and rolling it to the transport van. We always pack some clothes and a few other items in our carry-on just in case our luggage is delayed. I enjoy dressing up for dinner and the disco, and everything fits into one large rolling duffle.
Darcy
Desire Fan

Postby joetex » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:24 am

no shirts, no shoes, no luggage - no problems.
joetex

Postby Denver Duo » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:56 pm

joetex, we like the way you think!
Denver Duo
Desire Lover

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya