Practical Questions

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Practical Questions

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:34 am

Hi

We have some practical queries that we were hoping members can help with, ok here goes

• Do women tend to carry handbags in the evening, and if yes is there a cloak room that they can be left when in the disco?
• How well stocked is the shop at the resort, does it sell essentials such as sun tan lotion and toiletries should we run out or forget to pack something
• Is it possible to have light food on the beach such as breakfast rolls and coffee, is it acceptable to simply take something from the buffet and carry it to the beach or poolside to eat there.
• In the restaurant is wine served by the glass or do they provide bottles on the table

Hope you can help

Regards

N&J
Nick

Postby miranda » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:04 am

I always carry a little "purse" with me and have it handy. I have never 'lost' it and I leave it on the tables, in plain view, with no issues. There is no "cloak" room in the disco - but there are cubbie-holes up at the jaccuzi where you can store your stuff.

The shop is expensive but they carry the "essentials" you may require.

We have witnessed folks talking plates of food down to their beach beds, both at breakfast and lunch. We have also seen some of the beach wait staff do that also.

The waiters usually pour your glasses (and they are never empty) but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem is you requested they leave the bottle on the table.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Re: Practical Questions

Postby 2onthebeach » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:49 pm

• Do women tend to carry handbags in the evening, and if yes is there a cloak room that they can be left when in the disco?

When going to dinner my better half will bring a small purse or clutch or something, but when we go to the disco I usually carry the few things she needs in my pockets. As the previous answer stated, there are cubbies at the jacuzzi if you need to bring something, but the robes have pockets and are great for bringing certain....items...with you! :wink:

• How well stocked is the shop at the resort, does it sell essentials such as sun tan lotion and toiletries should we run out or forget to pack something

The previous answer is right on. The shop has just about anything you need in a pinch, but expensive. Unfortunately, there is nothing nearby you can walk to like in Cabo.

• Is it possible to have light food on the beach such as breakfast rolls and coffee, is it acceptable to simply take something from the buffet and carry it to the beach or poolside to eat there.

We usually just eat at the buffet and go to the pool (we're more pool people than beach people). However, I'm sure the wait staff can either bring you something to the beach beds or you can bring it with you

• In the restaurant is wine served by the glass or do they provide bottles on the table

They have their house wine which is served by the glass (white or red), and the staff are very good about refilling when your glass is low. I'm sure you could ask them to leave the bottle if you wanted. They do have a separate wine list to choose from (for extra cost) if you are looking to do something special one night. We've ordered from it a couple times. Wines on their list are a bit overpriced (as they are at pretty much any restaurant), but they have a decent selection.

We're guessing this is your first time going there? We hope you have a great time! We can't wait to head back this summer. :D
kik user is twoonthebeach04. See you at Desire!
2onthebeach
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Jul 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS CND Kasidie

Postby poolboy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:07 pm

No worries. The store has enough to cover you. There are cubby holes at the hottub. We have been 4 times and never a problem.
poolboy

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya