What MUST we do when we are there???

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

What MUST we do when we are there???

Postby chickie76 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:12 pm

Hi all,

we have a massage booked with Claudia... Now what other things MUST we do in Cancun??? I have heard we should check out Isla Muejares.... I would like to plan some off resort excursions, but don't want to wast a SECOND away from Desire doing something LAME! Which Ruins are the MUST SEE ones?? I know there are a few to choose from, which one is the "best" Also is there anything to to near where Claudia lives? Wondering if we should make a day of it when we go for our massages...

If anyone else has already been to the Cancun location at Desire, please let me know what we MUST see and do when we are there!

thanks!
chickie76

Sailing day

Postby Bayarealovers » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:33 am

8) Hi there, We had a wonderful day on the Sailing Catamaran where we shopped and snorkeled. Another day on a snorkeling excursion on that wonderful reef. We are heading back in March and hope to make it to the pyramids this time. We too look forward to the Claudia Experience.........Mmmmmm...love us some Desire.
Bayarealovers

Postby joetex » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:09 am

chickie76,

there are only two MUST SEE:
the playroom and the roof top jacuzzi.
joetex

Postby chickie76 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:38 pm

Ah ha ha ha!! Oh no worries, we have that "worked into" our plans as well... I was just wondering about OFF resort stuff... smarty pants!
chickie76

Things to do.

Postby JCnBadboy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:18 pm

Hello Chickie, there are many things to do near Cancun. Firstly, are you driving. That helps. You must see Xel Ha. Xcaret is nice but if you must choose, we think Xel Ha offers way more. It is beautiful. If your in Playa del Carmen, there is a cave restaurant there called Alux, (the x is pronounced sh) so it is ALOOSH and Shel Ha, If that restaurant is still there.. it is pretty cool. There is the zip line that can be fun. and the cave snorkeling. In Cancun, there are many clubs and such to visit. I guess that all depends on how many times you have been, and how old you are.. to see the ruins, you must see Tulum that is the one that everyone must see. Bring water if you go there. If you are really wanting the big one, go see Chitzen Itza. Its a remarkable place, We will be attending the solstice this year there, We are looking forward to that! Swim with the dolphins, The water park is really fun as well. Nothing beats Xel Ha for a day of fun and adventure. They have the Lazy river there, and you can just float all day. Once price also gets you all your meals and drinks. Have fun.
JCnBadboy
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada

Postby MH110 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:33 pm

I have to say that my wife realy wanted to swim with the dolphins. Go to Xel - Ha and have a good time. Just remember you'll be wanting to get back to the resort to get those cloths off.

Also you'll need to go to the Hot tub and the playroom.

But most importantly is to make some quality alone time with your S.O.
MH110
Desire Convert

Postby JCnBadboy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:33 pm

So true... ha ha. We forgot to mention the clothed part. You will be chomping at the bit to get back to the resort and strip! hal ha!
JCnBadboy
Desire Devotee

Postby chickie76 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:25 pm

Thanks for all the tips!! I had heard about the 'Cave" bar and thought it would be cool to see... Maybe we should go to Xel Ha and Chichen Itza BOTH!

How far is Playa Del Carmen from the resort?? And how far is Cancun?? Does Claudia live in Paya Del Carmen???
chickie76

Postby jmich6969 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:38 pm

The one thing we will ALWAYS do when we go down...

CLAUDIA

No doubts!!

J&M
jmich6969
Desire Fan

Postby JCnBadboy » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:18 am

Playa Del Carmen, is south... about half an hour.. Xel Ha is a little further south.. Cancun is about 20 minutes north.. not far at all.. and Claudia lives and works right in Puerto Morelos. We cant wait for our appointment with Claudia.. Biselo espera! 30 days to Desire... counting minutes now...
JCnBadboy
Desire Devotee

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya