Daytime "Dress" Question

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Daytime "Dress" Question

Postby allstatemd » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:21 pm

Do most people wear coverups when walking from their rooms to pool&beach, around the resort, to the spa etc or are the majority nude?
allstatemd
Desire Fan

Postby TnG » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:29 pm

For us, when walking to the pool we will wear a cover up. In our three visits, I think this has been the norm.
TnG
Desire Convert

Postby chickie76 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:03 pm

yeah when we were at Desire Cabo, we wore a cover up of some sort when walking from our rooms, and around the resort... I think the "rules" state that you are supposed to...
chickie76

Postby rick&dee » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:02 pm

I do, he doesn't....but I'm more bouncey :)
rick&dee
Desire Convert

Postby skinneydippers » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:59 pm

We dont cover anything unless its a cover up area such as a food area for dineing. We go to the little shoppet nude, the front lobby nude. the spa nude. from the room to the pool to the tennis courts to the beach to all the bar's NUDE NUDE NUDE :) we do have a beach bag for cover up for her and a shirt n shorts for me in case we go in the pavilion for breakfast or lunch.
skinneydippers
Desire Convert

Rules?

Postby JCnBadboy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:41 pm

lol.. I have never heard of any rules... once you are passed the front lobby.. its clothing optional. The only places to wear clothing are the Dining areas and near the lobby..We are praying that they dont change our beloved Desire to resemble Cabo..or Hedo. If they make it all tame.. we will have to find somewhere else to go and be naughty....grin.
JCnBadboy
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada

Postby ottawa_cuple » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:59 am

The Desire Riviera Maya Fact Sheet says there are three clothing oprtional areas ... the clothing-optional ocean front swimming pool with social activities, the clothing-optional multi-couple infinity Jacuzzi lounge with wet and dry bar, and the clothing-optional beach.

It carries on to say "appropriate dress is required in the restaurants" and describes what is appropriate under each restaurant's listing.

The Frequently Asked Questions page says

1) EXACTLY WHAT DOES 'CLOTHING-OPTIONAL' MEAN?
If you choose to go topless or naked-- in the pool, on the beach or at the Skytop Jacuzzi and Lounge, you may certainly do so. But there is never any pressure for you, or any guest, to do anything which you find uncomfortable. Our guests are mature and sophisticated; a live and let live philosophy is key to the enjoyment of an alternative lifestyle.

Cover-ups, however, are required where food is served, in the lobby and certain other public areas. And although guests are expected to be fully dressed at the Disco, this does not mean that they can not be sexy; we are very open to SEXY. The couples-only PLAY ROOM, adjoining the Disco, is available to our guests who may want to explore alternative-lifestyle options.

6) CAN GUESTS WALK NUDE IN THE HALLS?
We request that cover-ups be worn in public areas that are not designated as clothing-optional.

and

10) ARE THE RESTAURANTS TOPLESS?
Although the main restaurant is casual and comfortable, we expect that clothes will be worn. Men are required to wear shorts; women are required to wear a cover-up over their swimsuits. Shoes must be worn, and no wet clothes are allowed in the restaurant. In keeping with its sophisticated ambiance, elegant resort dress is expected when dining at Il Piacere: long pants, shirts and shoes for men, dresses or pants suits for women.

The one thing to consider when deciding to go naked in an area not specifically designated as clothing optional is the FAQ about photography ...

7) IS PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED At THE RESORT?
We know guests want to bring home memories of their Desire holiday, but in order to respect the privacy of all our guests; we ask that no photographs be taken in the clothing-optional areas.

... if you decide to be naked in the lobby bar area, or walking along the pathways within the resort, for instance, since they are not designated clothing optional areas, we, personally, have been warned that we risk our photos being taken whether we're clothed or not when we're in those areas. We prefer not to take that chance, so we wear at least our bottoms when in those areas.

The one area that seems to have no stated rules is the Tentazione lunch bar in the pool area. There regularly seems to be a controversy over whether or not you should go to the lunch bar, order food from the lunch bar servers, serve yourself food from the self-serve areas, or sit at the tables in the lunch bar area without at least bottoms on. We think it's considerate to cover your bottom half with something, either a bathing suit, a towel, or a wrap, while in this area. Some people don't think this is necessary, and no one (at least as far as we know) will refuse to serve you if you're naked, but we would rather not see naked private parts rubbing up against the salad bar counter, and are REALLY grossed out by people who sit naked on the chairs without placing a towel or something underneath themselves.
ottawa_cuple

Postby oldseadog » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 am

A few years ago I asked Silvina this question and she said that they were quite relaxed about C/O except in food areas where Mexican law states (although not in so many words) that "plumbing parts" must be covered up when and where food is being served. I don't know how that fits in with HBR though.
And I agree with ottawa cuple's remaks about the pool bar at lunch time.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Nude

Postby nekkidcouple1964 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:55 pm

I pay to be nude as much as possible. I bring few clothes. I wrap up my tool to eat at the patio for lunch. Shirt and shoes for the other restaurants.

I walk everywhere else nude. The wife wraps.

Seems like covering up seems to be making a comeback, unfortunately. The hottest ladies are wearing g-strings all the time. Weird. It's so hot and sticky, why wouldn't you want the goodies getting aired out?

I've never been asked to cover up except having to go back for shoes at the restaurant. Also, my pants are totally see-through so I don't know what that solves.

Go nude and have fun.
nekkidcouple1964
Desire Fan

We are from: USA

Postby miranda » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:14 pm

There will always be folks who try to bend the rules. :roll:
miranda
Desire Legend

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya