Catamaran day cruise

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Catamaran day cruise

Postby lyfsabeechatdesire » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:17 pm

Does anyone know if this cruise is still in operation? I believe it used to sail on Wednesdays. I'm not sure who runs it or how to go about booking it.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks. :D
lyfsabeechatdesire
Desire Convert

Postby mfay » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:07 am

The cruise is still going- it is operated by the people who own both "temptations" & Desire and leaves from Temptations in Cancun. They have a new boat that now holds up to 15 couples for the cruise.
As of this past September the day of the week it ran varied according to the weather- maybe just because during storm season they want to ensure a "calm" day on the water. The cruise is booked at the resort at the poolside activities/towel stand. Just check there your first day in resort.
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby lyfsabeechatdesire » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:23 am

Thanks Mike & Barbara!
lyfsabeechatdesire
Desire Convert

Postby KWTTMT » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:16 pm

We were at Desire at the beginning of November 2008 and went on the cat cruise. The bus left Desire at 9:15 AM and we went to the dock that was adjacent to Temptations. The boat we went on was a beautiful, large cat with 2 heads on one side and possibly 1 or 2 on the other side. It had three or four cabins. If I remember correctly the name of the boat was the Marie – Terrie. It had a three man crew, the Captain and two mates. These three guys made the trip a lot of fun. The boat had a hard top bimini (SP) that was about 20' by 10', which provided a lot if shade if you wanted it.

There were five couples that went that day. They told us when we signed up that the maximum amount of couples would be 8, but I think if a couple of more couples wanted to go they would probably accommodate them. The cost was $129 per person ($258 / Couple). It included a meal and all of the drinks on the boat. They had beer and alcohol. There was also a $4 or $8 fee we paid at the dock; I don’t remember what that was for. I tipped the crew $20 a piece, it was well deserved. They made the trip safe and fun. We also had a great time with the four other couples; they also made the trip enjoyable.

The itinerary was:

• Left Desire at 9:15, Transported by shuttle to the dock near Temptations (On the Cancun Hotel zone)
• Left the dock at about 10:30
• First stop was snorkeling for about 45 minutes, not a great snorkeling spot
• Next stop was lunch buffet at Isle Mujares
• Then sailed to for about 30 minutes to the other side of the Island for shopping The wife and I found a bar drank while the others shopped, shopping lasted for about 60 minutes
• Boarded the boat and headed back to Cancun, which was about a 60 or 70 minute trip.
• Because there was enough wind we stopped and were able to parasail on the jib sail, it only picked you up about 30 feet in the air and ride lasted for about 3 to 4 minutes, but it was fun.
• We arrived at the dock at sundown
• Boarded the shuttle and was back at Desire between 6:30 to 7:00 (Don’t remember the exact time, had a few too many beers)

The day we went the weather and the water were beautiful. The water was crystal clear. The water temperature on the cooler side, but was very tolerable. Most people stayed in the water the whole time.

I think I covered the high points.
KWTTMT

Postby KWTTMT » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:18 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention that the cat cruise was on Friday.
KWTTMT

Postby Perkypuppy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:39 pm

We had booked the cruise for Tues. and I believe the next one scheduled was for Friday but ours was cancelled due to not enough couples and we were flying out on Thurs .They told us they needed a minimum of 7 couples . They did try to re-schedule it for Wed. but 2 of the 4 couples signed up cancelled .They did everthing to try get it going and would have sailed with 5 couples on Wed. but just not enough people to go .
We charged it to our credit card and they refunded cash , lol .
Next trip we will book earlier so we may have the chance to catch the second sailing !
They seemed to think not as many people signed up due to change over of guests and many repeat guests already did the cruise.
Perkypuppy

Great cruise

Postby nekkidcouple1964 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:49 pm

We took the cruise in August. Had no trouble with having enough couples. It is great that it is all Desire people. Almost 100% of us were nude.

Lots of drinking, great snorkeling. The island stop was fun for sightseeing and shopping. The meal was pretty weak and they charged extra for drinks. Any drink if I remember.

We were clothed coming into port but were giving the naked show for lots of boats around in the bay. There were at least three couples that were doing nude body shots on the front of the boat. More sucking and licking than drinking. They heated up the trip.

You will have fun.
nekkidcouple1964
Desire Fan

Postby tulips_69 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:33 am

Hello everyone

I want to join in the catamaran this year in May 2009 ...Put me in Mike & Barb hehehh

Can't wait to take my clothes of again ... I feel all stuffed up

Is May cumming soon ?????????

Luv Nicky
tulips_69

Postby mfay » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:12 am

tulips_69 wrote:Hello everyone

I want to join in the catamaran this year in May 2009 ...Put me in Mike & Barb hehehh

Can't wait to take my clothes of again ... I feel all stuffed up

Is May cumming soon ?????????

Luv Nicky

Nicky- you are automatically at the top of the list for all activities. After all, you said you were "up for anything" didn't you ?
Mike
mfay

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby tulips_69 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:38 pm

Hey what can I say ... on the boat ... with you hummmmmmmmmmmmm yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lick lick ...

ok now i have to stop that is getting me excited

Luv Nicky
tulips_69

Postby Ron » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:43 pm

. Mike & Barb

It's going to be a really long, long, cold, cold winter. Yepper. Traveling to and fro the hinterland in the nasty cold and snow and sleet and hail. I really need physiological help desperately. I have been advised by homeland security that in order to move Nicky's papers along the process of being a good ole' U.S. of A person, they suggested I temporarily move to Illinois and see what the good governor could do for us. Ya think maybe? Hell, I remember someone placed a $500 value on someone.
Ron
Desire Devotee

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya