Need info on Desire Internet access

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Internet Use at Desire Cancun

Postby steve34mcmorris » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Could someone tell me what I have to do to have internet access at Desire Cancun? I have a laptop but didn't know if it was easier/cheaper to use one that may be available to guests.
steve34mcmorris

Postby ottawa_cuple » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:23 pm

As far as we know, there're no laptops available for guest use at Desire.

There are desktops in a separate room off the lobby that you can buy internet time on, and we've heard (tho we haven't used it) that you can buy wifi access that's supposedly accessible from your room for $15.00 a day.

We say "supposedly" because although we know of one couple who had great wifi in their room (Howard was offered the use of their laptop while we were there), we've heard some people couldn't get a good signal in their room and resorted to having to go to the lobby bar area to access the internet on their laptop.

We're not big gotta-have-internet-access-while-on-holiday people, so others may know more about the internet situation than we do :)

Howard & Marci
ottawa_cuple

We are from: Canada

Internet Access

Postby steve34mcmorris » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:02 pm

Thanks for the info. I have to be able to check in twice daily and if I have to take laptop to lobby that is no big deal.
steve34mcmorris

Postby JCnBadboy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:26 am

Hey Steve... bring your laptop. Its $15 US for the duration of your stay. We have not had any trouble with internet at all. Laptop is in the room and its nice to be able to just give this live report. Its warm here.. and sunny.. and sadly we leave for the cold north tomorrow....Have a great vacation!
JCnBadboy
Desire Devotee

Postby ottawa_cuple » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:26 am

"$15 US for the duration of your stay"?? Cool! We'd always heard that it was $15 a DAY. $15 for your whole stay makes it VERY reasonable!

Howard & Marci
ottawa_cuple

Postby JCnBadboy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:17 pm

Yes, for one week, 15 for internet. It is very reasonable because lets face it... I am only on here for about 10 mins...not long... and what does it cost the hotel??? It is very reasonable...Happy New Year!
JCnBadboy
Desire Devotee

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya