Telephone and WIFI access @ Desire

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Telephone and WIFI access @ Desire

Postby bunnyrabbit » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:18 am

Hi... we are heading to Desire Cancun in April with the Sex Is Fun and Swinger Cast groups... looking forward to having a blast.

While wanting to "get away" is part of the trip, we still need to be able to get phone and internet access if at all possible.

We would like to bring an iPhone with us which should provide internet and phone service. The provider for that is AT&T.

Does anyone know if an iPhone works at the resort?

thanks!
Bunny & Rabbit
bunnyrabbit

Postby rick&dee » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:31 pm

Funny, we were just talking about that subject last night.
I would check with your provider, I know our verizon wireless works there- as long as you tell them that you want to add international to your service. This is at no extra charge, for verizon, they just need to "flip the switch" to activate it.
rick&dee
Desire Convert

thanks

Postby bunnyrabbit » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:26 pm

thanks for the phone info... hopefully ATT will do it at no charge as well
bunnyrabbit

Postby enrico » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:29 pm

We were just there with our iphones...they worked great. You do need to go to an att store and activate international calling. I think it is an additional 6 bucks a month, for the calling. Now for the data/emailing to work you need to buy a data package which costs 20 for the month for 20 mb. You then need to manage your data usage manually so you don;'t cross over the 20mb use. If you do it gets pricey. You can cancel this addition as soon as you get home.
enrico

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya