Theme nights changed

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Theme nights changed

Postby Calcouple » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Looks like they changed the theme nights a little bit. I think the change took place sometime last week. Sorry to waste your time if someone else has already posted this.
Calcouple
Desire Convert

Re: Theme nights changed

Postby eddieandjojo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Not a waste of time at all, never assume people read or see messages on the website or on this forum. Thanks for bringing it up as some people may not have realized it and were bringing outfits for theme nights that may no longer be applicable.

Can't wait until our next trip!

Eddie & Jojo
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby NebraskaCouple » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:45 pm

What do they mean by their Wednesday night description? What is "Eyes Wide Shut Night" and what do they mean by password? In Cabo we just dressed up and danced. Are their contests, or games beyond the dressing in Cancun's Desire? Sound potentially, very cool.
NebraskaCouple
Desire Devotee

Postby eddieandjojo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:03 pm

What is "Eyes Wide Shut Night" and what do they mean by password?

Well, my guess is that it is in reference to the Stan Kubric movie with Cruise and Kidman.......the ladies all wear a very sexy feather mask, high heels and nothing else. The men all wear a funky mask and a long black cape/gown. The only way to get into the party was to have a secret password, etc...! Simply do a search for Eyes Wide Shut mask on the web and you'll see examples of both mens and womans.

Warning - authentic masks run into the hundreds of $$$. You can find cheaper versions on Ebay or locally. Also, I was told that if you bring in masks with real feathers it may be something that could get confiscated at customs in Mexico. Again, I got that second hand so check the rules before you decide to bring in a $200 Italian mask with exotic bird feathers.

Okay, that's officially all I know on the topic. Can anyone else elaborate??? I think it's a really cool idea and want to host my own party states side soon......

Eddie & Jojo
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby CokeMann » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:43 pm

Nebraska

eddieandjojo's answer is spot on the money

BTW - Desire has paired this night with a Best Sex Scene Contest up in the Disco

For info on all day and night activities and current themes here is a direct link to that page on the Desire site:
Desire Cancun Activities and Entertainment
Please use the forum links to book directly with Desire RM, Desire Pearl or the Desire Cruises.
This will help keep the forums economically self sustaining and Ad free for all to use.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby NebraskaCouple » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:38 am

Something tells me that we just came up with a rental movie for this weekend. This sounds way cool for a theme night. When we were in Cabo in November, we really enjoyed the disco themes. It did a great job of keeping everyone from falling into a set routine. Some nights we would spend more time than others, and we even took a little spin in the playroom the last night we were there. The first three nights, we didn't even know where the room was. The next couple of nights it was vacant. But the last night, it seemed really popular.

Okay, so Eyes Wide Shut, here we come!
NebraskaCouple
Desire Devotee

Postby oldseadog » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:48 am

I guess we need a report on the new theme nights as soon as someone gets back.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby allstatemd » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:06 pm

My wife and I just got back on Saturday and the theme nights still had not changed (which was good for us since we planned on the "old" nights).
allstatemd
Desire Fan

Postby Omahacouple » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:44 pm

If somebody could provide trip reports on the new EYES WIDE SHUT theme party that would be great. My wife and I think it would be fantastic but we too would be turned off by the weirdness (chanting and such) of the movie scenes. We are looking for fun and sexy....not too spooky.

Please, those of you going now...report back to us on the Board.
Omahacouple
Desire Devotee

What night is Eyes Wide Shut theme party?

Postby danmason » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:48 am

Which day of the week is the theme party?
danmason
Desire Convert

Postby coco » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:22 am

We arrive yesterday and they started following the new theme nights a couple of days ago. We did meet someone who was here for Eyes wide shut night and said that it was not that much fun. However, being brand new it might take some time to evolve. Last night was wild and wicked. There were some great outfits. Lots of fetish, even the ECs were dressed in leather like outfits with chains and whips. Very interesting.
coco
Desire Fan

Postby oldseadog » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:39 am

I e-mailed Lazaro, the entertainments chief, about the new Wednesday Theme, and he says:
The normal lobby entertainment will stop at about 9.45, and a new group will start at 10pm.
Everyone interested meet at the lobby bar area before 10pm wearing just masks and cloaks, which can be supplied by the resort in the same way that you get beach towels; sign for them and if you lose or damage them you pay for them.
"Follow the rules of the game" means those who want to "play the game" make two circles, ladies inside and men outside; rotate in opposite directions and when the music stops follow the directions, e.g. kiss, lick, stroke, etc.. There is no suggestion of chanting etc..
The "password" will be given out to everyone at this stage for entry to the disco, where the best sex scene contest starts at about 1030.
oldseadog
Desire Addict

We are from: UK

Postby Omahacouple » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:35 am

Sounds interesting....we would like to hear from anyone who just got back or is currently at Desire who can also describe what goes on during EYES WIDE SHUT.

So is it really like "musical chairs" only no chairs....just men and women in robes and masks - nude under the robes? How intimate does the game get? This is done in the Lobby and not in the Disco??? We have never been to Desire and are not familiar with what the Lobby is like.

Afterwards the "best sex scene contest" in the Disco....is the sex simulated or real? I would assume after getting warmed up earlier that the best sex scene could get real.

Again, hope to hear from people who are there or who have just returned.
Omahacouple
Desire Devotee

Postby tikihutguy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:40 am

We were at Caliente, Tampa, FL in 2007 for the first ever "Aahz" party which was Eyes Wide Shut theme. They now run them annually (with different themes for the other months). It was a fantastic party with hundreds dressed just as the movie suggested. They ran their 2nd EWS party in 2008, but we missed it. I think it's a great idea. We brought masks our last trip to Desire, but never found a good opportunity to use them. They were indeed feathered and no customs issues....
:shock:
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby stitch » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Here's a rundown of the EYES WIDE SHUT night on 2/25:

Musical entertainment (operatic) down at the lobby bar until around 10:15 pm.

We were directed to go up the back stairs (outside) to the Disco, where we were asked for a password. (We were supposed to be supplied a password when the robe/mask was issued, but didn't get one. It's a new theme night, so we assumed some kinks need to be worked out.)

Some people were robed/masked, and others were in sexy lingerie/hosiery/heels/masks.

The EC selected men and women, usually couples, from the crowd to form two circles--ladies standing at the edge of the dance floor circle, and men standing on the floor. The EC then instructed the ladies to remove their robes and kneel on the floor. Not all wore robes. Those that did usually had on at least something underneath.

He selected a woman to begin the game. She chose whether to kiss, lick, fondle, or otherwise stroke her neighbor. This game lasted all the way around the inner circle. Some women seemed a bit uncomfortable doing it, but some got into it.

Then the women were instructed to stand, and they interacted with the man in front of them: kissing, licking, fondling, etc. The game didn't get too intimate. The women were then told to move to the next man, about half the women looked uncomfortable with switching so not much happened after that.

That was it. As I said before, they still have a few things to work out so that the new night will go more smoothly.

After the circle, two female dancers wearing pasties and g strings came out and danced suggestively, pulling various women from the crowd onto the stage to dance with them.

I don't remember a contest that night.

The Best Sex Position contest on WILD AND WICKED night got a little heated, but it was simulated and not real sex.
stitch

Next

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya