Help pay it forward and post your Trip Reports

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Help pay it forward and post your Trip Reports

Postby CokeMann » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:11 pm

Help pay it forward to other couples by posting a trip report of your experiences on your most recent trip to Desire Riviera Maya
Thx
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Re: Help pay it forward and post your Trip Reports

Postby AandJ » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:56 am

Is it possible to have that section private to registered members only?
AandJ
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Aug 2019

Postby CokeMann » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:14 am

sexytoob wrote:Is it possible to have that section private to registered members only?

Why ? What reasoning for doing so ... the way it is has provided lots of valuable info for those in the beginning stages of thinking about a Desire vacation.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby AandJ » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:36 pm

Mainly for privacy reasons.
We have told a number of vanilla friends but nothing too specific.
If we post graphic details, it can be a bit embarrassing, and we're rather hesitant to do so in the public domain.
If we cannot post graphic details, it would be like a regular TripAdvisor review.
I think if you're researching the resort, TripAdvisor reviews are a good first step, then onto more specific details here.
Thanks
AandJ
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Aug 2019

Postby CokeMann » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:00 pm

sexytoob wrote:I think if you're researching the resort, TripAdvisor reviews are a good first step, then onto more specific details here.
Thanks

Which is why I have chosen to keep the forums trip reports open to all - please read thru some of them - many of them are fairly explicit(at least more so than you would be allowed to post on TripAdvisor - lol) When tentative newbies are ready for more info/questions they usually join the forums and can post in the members only areas for specific and very explicit info.

Unless you publish your real names or specific info(highly discouraged) that could identify you to friends in the trip report, I don't see that there are really any privacy concerns as witnessed by the hundreds of existing trip reports by others. If you are still not comfortable then just don't post a trip report ;)
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby desireaddict » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:56 am

Unless you publish your real names or specific info(highly discouraged) that could identify you to friends in the trip report, I don't see that there are really any privacy concerns

Start your trip report with departure from a different airport than you really used.
Change the dates a little so it doesn't exactly match up to your trip dates.
Just change things enough to throw off your nosy mother-in-law.........and, if you're really that worried about it, DO NOT FORGET to clear your computer history.......LOL

Life is good!
DA
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby Powderfinger » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:24 pm

desireaddict wrote:
Unless you publish your real names or specific info(highly discouraged) that could identify you to friends in the trip report, I don't see that there are really any privacy concerns

Start your trip report with departure from a different airport than you really used.
Change the dates a little so it doesn't exactly match up to your trip dates.
Just change things enough to throw off your nosy mother-in-law.........and, if you're really that worried about it, DO NOT FORGET to clear your computer history.......LOL

Life is good!
DA

Or skip the whole airport part of the trip report entirely. Let's be bluntly honest, zero point zero percent of people reading trip reports here are doing so to get details about the trip down :lol:
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby xohappytogether » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:34 am

Well - we must be 1%-ers.... :) I logged onto this site to figure out which airport is closest to Desire. But I DO know which airports are close to my home.... As it turned out, I couldn't get any information from this site because I needed to know the closest airport in order to create an account here - so I had to use a map. Anyway - here we are and ready to read...
xohappytogether

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya