Has anyone stayed in ....?

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Postby Siren » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:45 pm

A great tip for those rooms with little or no drawer space. Bring one of those hanging canvas shoe holders. They fold up to nearly nothing in your suitcase. Two of those fit all of our foldables and took up no room in the huge closet.

Siren
Your sexiest curve is your smile. Flaunt it!
DRM- 15 trips and counting!!
Siren
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge

Postby DesireCpl » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:03 pm

that is a good idea, except some of the renovated rooms (1312 in particular) have sliding closet doors instead of swinging ones (har har). So you can't hang anything on the inside of the doors. :( But I guess you could hang it on the outside, but that would cover the mirrors, and where is the fun in that :wink:

D&K
DesireCpl

Postby Siren » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:36 pm

LOL DesireCpl. No, the type I'm talking about have a hanger at the top of them and you just hang them in the closet.
Your sexiest curve is your smile. Flaunt it!
DRM- 15 trips and counting!!
Siren
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LifestyleLounge

Postby allovatan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:54 pm

we hung our shoe holder over the bathroom door and used it for make up, lotions, band aids, antiseptic, insect repellent, tide pen, etc, worked out weel since there was no counter space in the bathroom
allovatan
Desire Devotee

Room styles

Postby funluvincouple99 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:32 pm

We just returned from our trip and had the chance to see some of the different room types.

The first floor rooms in building 10 are very nice - large front window, nice closet area, large vanity and large walk-in shower.

Building 14 - Even though it says Queen on the diagram, room 1402 looked like it had a king size bed in it (didn't have my tape measure with me, so can't be sure). There is a step up and the columns at the foot of the beg. This room had a nice vanity area with a counter and mirror and the mirrored closet doors. There is also a nice seating area with 2 loveseats. There is a ceiling fan and lovely exposed wood beams on the ceiling. The sink is in the bathroom with a large countertop, storage room underneath and there is a tub/shower.

Builings 21 and 23 - The rooms here are very simple, no step up and no columns. Mostly queen beds. There was a tub/shower in 2301 when we were there last year and 2104 had a corner shower with a glass door. Very little counter space around the sink (over-the-door shoe holder came in handy here). In both rooms there were small drawers and lots of hangers in the closet.

They are systematically replacing the headboards in many of the rooms. Previously there had been a broken mirror mosaic design and it is being replaced with what looks like white-painted plywood with a square mirror in the center. The mirror is surrounded by cheap-looking rope light that cast a yellowish glow. The nightstands were also wood with a glass top and more inlaid rope light which did not function. We did not feel these 'improvements' were an improvement.
funluvincouple99

OV King

Postby shelly67 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:15 am

Hi

Has anyone stayed in 2nd floor building 16 or 15 or 2nd+ floor building 10 and can comment on room size/storage/balcony (I think 10 has private balconies?), bathrooms etc? Just looking in advance of next trip!
shelly67
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 02 May 2013

Postby mfay » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:42 am

All the rooms in building 10 have king beds
and have excellent storage. Each has a 8' long counter top with a desk space in the middle and a set of dresser drawers on each side. There is ample hanging space in the closet, and the bathrooms are large with nice showers and another long countertop. The ocean view rooms do give a nice view from private balconies-albeit from behind the pool. Be aware though that you do have the steady hum of the hot tub pumps till 3:00 am- and occasionally the shuffling of the bar stools across the floor around the hot tub bar. Very nice rooms if the noise doesn't bother you.
Mike
mfay

We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby nekkidcouple1964 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Well, we got room 1412, here's the run down.

I loved the balcony and the view from there.

I loved the location in the day as it was easy to get to meals and the beach.

You can hear the couple in the bathroom next door. Fine if they are boinking and having fun. Weird if they are fighting and crying. Not that big of a deal.

The tip about the disco was very right. Bass was heard every night. Not always miserable but a definite distraction from my bedroom activities and then sleep. Also, the night time bands were loud too, but that was only going until 11.

All-in-all it is a nice room but 1411 would have been better. Or 1902.
nekkidcouple1964
Desire Fan

Postby FolksinGA » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:08 pm

We stayed in 1911 on our first trip several years ago, pre Hurricane. The pool was still there and there was a large tree directly in front of the balcony. Post Hurricane, we returned for trip 2 and got the same room, minus the large tree. That room is ocean view without the price. Queen size bed, nice balcony, chairs, etc, and, other than the room directly below, shortest distance to the "lobby" bar. Great location and highly recommended. On our other 3 trips, we've just moved to beach front rooms, and candidly, despite the pricing, we prefer that.
FolksinGA

jacuzzi suite w/ ocean view

Postby jl » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:19 am

Would someone please tell us about the jacuzzi suites. I think they are only in building 15 and 16.

It seems to me that they are all on the ground floor. I am concerned about trees blocking the ocean view and the amount of privacy on the patio. Is there a heavily used sidewalk directly in front of these suites- that may lead to the pool perhaps?

It will be our first trip and I want to see the water, but also want to freely enjoy the patio/deck in a more private way.

Also, how are these particular rooms set-up?

Thanks in advance!
jl

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya