Desire Munching

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Desire Munching

Postby jimmyd » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:59 am

I will be heading to Desire in about two weeks and had two questions. I thought I had read where some of the restaurants require a reservation and others are buffet. Is that true? How far in advance do you need to make a reservation? I also read where they now have 8 beach beds you can reserve for $20 per day. Are there plenty of those for reserving? Do you reserve one at check in or just take care of it out on the beach? Thanks for any help.
jimmyd
Desire Fan

Postby mfay » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:48 am

Jimmyd- first of all I am extremely jealous that you
will be there in 2 weeks ! But I'll try and answer part of your questions anyway.
There are 4 restaurants. Normally at least 3 are open each night. Two restauants are strictly menu ordering, the outdoor italian restaurant is menu but with a small buffet also, and then of course the main buffet is strictly buffet. Either the Italian or main buffet is open every night- sometimes both. The menu restaurants - normally- are each closed two nights a week.
So each night you do have a choice of menu or buffet. None of the restaurants require a reservation. You simply walk up and are seated as
they have room- usually doesn't take long. The only exception to that would be for the Hibachi table in Suki. For that you really do need to try and make a reservation a day or two ahead for one the the two nightly seatings. (6 people per seating)
As for the beach beds, we haven't been there since the change to "pay to play" for the 8 beds, but we can tell you there are at least 30 beach beds
in total.
Mike
mfay

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2019

Postby Shipwreck624 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:39 am

We were just there and, although we didn't use them often, we found absolutely no problems just walking up and getting an open beach bed. We figured out we would have completely wasted our money reserving one. I would assume that's different during a take-over or extremely busy time; the resort was probably only at 40% capacity at the time.
Shipwreck624

Postby SushiGirl » Sat May 29, 2010 6:51 pm

"and then of course the main buffet is strictly buffet"

You can get a menu if you ask...and it will tell you what is extra and what isn't. I usually eat off the menu the 2nd night they have Italian (I'm not a big enough Italian food fan to eat it more than once a week). My SO eats my share of the buffet that night LOL. Hell, one night he ate off the menu and the buffet when it was Italian night!
SushiGirl
Desire Fan

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya