Breathless vs DRM

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Breathless vs DRM

Postby Baby G » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:54 pm

Don't know if Breathless being next to DRM can survive with people loving the foot loose and fancy free vibe of Desire.
Baby G
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Nov 2014

Postby max4play » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:32 pm

We discovered Desire wandering down the beach from a Secrets and haven't been back there since.... I bet RM gets a lot more business now. Book Ahead baby!

Baby G wrote:Don't know if Breathless being next to DRM can survive with people loving the foot loose and fancy free vibe of Desire.
We might be addicted!
Over 25 visits in the last 8 years!
max4play
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024

Postby Baby G » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:51 pm

max4play wrote:We discovered Desire wandering down the beach from a Secrets and haven't been back there since.... I bet RM gets a lot more business now. Book Ahead baby!

Baby G wrote:Don't know if Breathless being next to DRM can survive with people loving the foot loose and fancy free vibe of Desire.

I thought my pix was sexy, but you guys pix is crazy sexy.
Baby G
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 04 Nov 2014

Postby max4play » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Thanks! It's real too! :L :L

Baby G wrote:
max4play wrote:We discovered Desire wandering down the beach from a Secrets and haven't been back there since.... I bet RM gets a lot more business now. Book Ahead baby!

I thought my pix was sexy, but you guys pix is crazy sexy.
We might be addicted!
Over 25 visits in the last 8 years!
max4play
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024

Postby day5758 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:51 pm

shore128 wrote:While it is inevitable that there is going to be alot more foot traffic along the beach at Desire (in fact its likely to be extensive) security does not allow walkers to enter the resort. I would anticipate that Desire is going to have to increase its security detail after Breathless opens and have no doubt that they have plans to do so as needed.

People do manage to get in. I would be this doens't happen very often but there was a guy that snuck in, made it to the pool and even had a group order him lunch! After a quick conversation if was pretty obvious he wasn't staying there so we had security kick him out. The resort may have security but if any of us see someone without a bracelet its up to us to point them out. It changes the vibe tremendously when you realize a single guy snuck into your area and is eyeing up your wife.
day5758
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 18 Oct 2019

Postby kansaslovers » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:49 pm

We are spending 2 night at Breathless prior to 5 nights at Desire. Has anyone done this and do you just walk next door when you transfer resorts?
kansaslovers
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 30 Jan 2014

Postby shore128 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:35 am

You will definitely need to take a cab. The entries to the respective lobbies are a distance apart.
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby charon1oar » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:19 am

Our last trip to DRM we booked a night at Breathless to see what it was like. Since we kept our room at DRM we just packed a backpack and walked over since we had talked to another DRM guest who said it was about a 20 minute cab ride to go out and around since the driveways of each resort go nowhere near each other. The security guard on the beach could not understand that we were checking in, even after showing him all the reservation information I had printed out. After calling a couple other people they walked us to registration. When we checked in, they were still having a heard time understanding we were just staying for one one night to see what it was like. What really bothered us is the INSISTED on cutting off our DRM bracelets, saying they didn't want Breathless guests to feel "uncomfortable" if they saw them and went on an on about their concerns for security(?). This got kicked all the way up to the front end manager who would not change her mind. After some going back and forth we cut off our brackets for DRM and checked in.

The resort is HUGE and I admit it is very nice, the room we got was one of their cheaper ones and it overlooked the pool closest to DRM and the ocean, very nice. The room was really big and everything in it was nice and modern. One of the reasons we wanted to try Breathless was we aways hear the great music during the day coming from next door. When we went down to the pool it was boring as hell. No sense of people trying to talk to each other at all, everyone was in small groups they came in and just stuck to themselves, no partying. Plus, the place is so huge there is no need feeling of friendliness. My wife went topless and that was ok in only 1 of the 3 pools we found out. After being bored silly and watching a young lady take selfies for I kid you not, 20 minutes, we went to the middle pool and finally met some fun people who, after about a half hour told us the pool wasn't topless, which my wife still was but nobody really cared. We decided to try one of the 8 restaurants which was pretty good, nothing great, good service though.

We tried the gym which is way back past the front desk but was very nice and had great equipment and a full time staff member to help you out and maintain the place. Everyone we spoke with said the nightlife was not good and was mostly people getting trashed and acting a fool in the club. From what we saw, seemed like a bunch of amateur drinkers :-). After a few hours we decided the place wasn't worth it and checked out. Everyone at the front desk was amazed and couldn't understand it. We walked back along the beach to DRM where a security guard was doing a great job and started toward us when we tried to walk in, clothed, so you know that looked weird, we just showed him our bracelets and we were fine. Went to the front desk where we told the amazing Alba the story and she gave us 2 new bracelets and we will never go back.
SLS: radesire
charon1oar

We arrive on: 17 Feb 2020
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby tan44 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:22 pm

charon1oar wrote:Went to the front desk where we told the amazing Alba the story and she gave us 2 new bracelets and we will never go back.

:L
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

Postby Explorer79 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:18 pm

We did a similar thing last November - stayed at Breathless for a night because RM was full so we couldn't get a room so we figured why not check it out.

charon1oar wrote:No sense of people trying to talk to each other at all, everyone was in small groups they came in and just stuck to themselves, no partying. Plus, the place is so huge there is no need feeling of friendliness. My wife went topless and that was ok in only 1 of the 3 pools we found out

This was our experience as well, except that we were all keyed up in Desire pre-game mode and were actively talking to people etc... which was quite odd as we got a hint of "why are these weird people coming and talking to us". The contrast was stark, as we knew exactly what awaited us next door.

The topless pool consisted of my wife and one other woman being topless, with lots of non topless women with laser eyeball tracking devices installed - mainly aimed at their significant others who seemed to be enjoying the toplessness of my wife and the other woman. So, at least that was a fun dynamic to watch play out.

The facility, staff etc... were great, no problem there and if I didn't know any better it would be a great place. But, I do know better so I doubt we'd pay the $$$ to stay there again.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby werfun » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Wondering what the price difference would be between Breathless and Desirer RM I looked at the price for the basic room at each resort for 5 nights 10/08/17-10/13/17. There was about $150 difference with Breathless being less. With a little planning you can stay at DRM where the people are friendly and will to talk to you and not look at you as if you are from another planet and how dare you talk to me. In fact we are already checking out dates for next year so that we don't fall into that group that can't get their dates at DRM.
In our case we would rather change our dates than go to a boring resort because it had open dates. I'm sure most of us don't do last minute trips to DRM so a little advance planning on your part can help you not having to spend a day of your vacation in a boring hotel. Arriving late in the day and getting a hotel for the night is a different thing as you can arrive bright and early the next day at DRM ready to party. After all you are just looking for a bed for the night to rest up for the main attraction at DRM.
werfun
Desire Legend

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya