Breathless vs DRM

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Breathless vs DRM

Postby Mr_big60564 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:59 pm

I know "it is what it is" but those pics sort of bum me out. The lookie-loo factor at DRM is about to go up significantly. We aren't ashamed of being seen nude by passers by on the beach, but there's always the remote chance that it'll be somebody you know and then that's a potential issue, and if the traffic is about to increase substantially then that remote chance obviously gets higher. I also recall that a few of the rooms at Breathless had a vista into the DRM pool area (I remember the Breathless construction workers smiling and giving thumbs ups to us at the pool last time we were there). I don't know if there's any way to erect a privacy screen or something to block the view, but if not then that too would be sort of a bummer. Further adding insult to injury is that we had a beach photo shoot on the undeveloped beach that is now Breathless's beach and it's such a happy memory. Bleh.

I know you can argue that I'm overstating the severity of the situation, and I would totally agree with you. It doesn't ruin the Desire experience. The odds of getting "compromised" are still very low. And I know that the majority of the people at Breathless will just be curious or perhaps even jealous of all of us next door, plus it's an adults-only property, so it's not a big deal. Just on the margin...it's still a bummer. That's all. I expect that DRM will still remain our "happiest place on earth". Viva Desire!
Mr_big60564
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 30 Nov 2020

Postby T&CintheOC » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:13 pm

I think these things can have a silver lining - it means more people being exposed to just how "normal" places like Desire are. It peaks their curiosity and may ultimately mean more people coming over to Desire - and I'm not sure that is a bad thing. The real threat in my opinion is the high value of beachfront property and resorts like Desire and even the more vanilla Hidden Beach get pushed out by larger corporations/resorts with bigger pocket books and larger clientele. And the Yucatan doesn't seem to have hit that critical mass of too many overnight accommodations yest - they just keep building. In the last ten years this part of Mexico has seen so much growth. 8)
T&CintheOC
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 30 Sep 2016

Postby tikihutguy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:13 pm

Lkncouple wrote:We were there the last week of Jan 2016, and I took these pictures standing next to the dive shop, just past the volleyball court.

What stunning Mexican style architecture :evil: Looks like a Holiday Inn with a better location.... At least it also looks like the activity end of the resort is the farthest from DRM 8)
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby Desireus2 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:13 am

Last March we got a little tired of the workers staring down at us in the pool. Some quick organization and we got all the ladies to move out of their view. Then about 15-20 guys stood up, faced their way and we did the "sausage shake" for their benefit. :shock:

That seemed to do the trick for a while. Not worth the effort to do it again when they were back the next day. :lol:
David and Julie
April 24 - April 30 2022
10th time
Hilton Head SC
Desireus2
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 24 Apr 2022

Postby shapirogreg » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:19 pm

Le Couteau Cache' wrote:I dunno, but I'm a bit worried. When my wife and I first went to Desire in '05 (pre-hurricane Wilma), it was a resort way out in the coastal jungle. No kidding, we were out there by ourselves. The only resort anywhere close within walking distance was Azul to the north. North of that was almost nothing until Cancun, and to the south was just jungle meeting the sea. Almost no one outside of Desire was walking the beach in front of the resort. We used to make love on the pier that went out toward the reef.
Now I fear the place is turning into a Time's Square (ok, I exaggerate). Too much activity, too many people crossing the beach. I've seen so many children walking across the beach (with the parents covering their eyes), we no longer feel comfortable lying around on the beach palapas. We've morphed from being beach people into pool people.

I don't know what's worse, commercial progress or economic decline. Why can't perfect things in the world stay perfect !!!!!

I know this feeling, man. Remember that place 10 years ago. Almost tranquil. Not sure will ever come there with this monster next door.
shapirogreg

We arrive on: 23 Jul 2014

Postby FlyingBear » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:51 pm

We just came back home from our first DRM vacation. I must say that the new resort next door appeared much less disturbing to us than we had imagined. You can only see very small parts of it while on Desire property. The greater issue might be the additional foot traffic on the beach when it finally opens (they state 05/06 on their website, but that seems impossible to me considering the current state of construction). Maybe Desire should modify their existing warning signs about the c/o beach into something like "hordes of weird, naked sect people that sacrifice innocent passers-by during black masses and then eat their children for breakfast" - that might reduce traffic slightly... :twisted:
FlyingBear
Desire Convert

We are from: Germany
We arrive on: 10 Apr 2017

Postby Mariposa » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:16 pm

Breathless has just pushed their opening date from May 6th to May 25th
We had booked from may 23-25 (desire was sold out this week that we could go to mexico, we also got a really good price)

So they are wanting to move us to a secrets resort :(
So vanilla!!! Its a bummer but was a risk considering how many times they have delayed opening. But to miss it by 2 days??? darn it!
Mariposa

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2013

Postby NewCouple041723 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:17 pm

This will be our first visit to DRM. We were excited to read about how nice and comfortable it is to be secluded and with the ability to relax on the beach naked. We have never done anything like this before so we were nervous but excited. Now after reading about Breathless we are a little bummed out. Especially having construction workers or maybe by the time it opens a lot of guests starring at us. I guess we will do what I always do. Prepare for a bad experience but hope for a great time. After all we can play inside where there is more privacy.
KIK: Gman036
NewCouple041723
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2023

Postby NewCouple041723 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:31 am

Hey Breakthrough,
Sounds like we have a lot in common. Send us an email so we can communicate.
KIK: Gman036
NewCouple041723
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2023

Postby SevenEight » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:47 pm

We have been to Los Cabos and had people look down from the hotel next door (the privacy screen was not very effective) and Pearl where people would walk through the beach – only to see them again in about 15-30 mins.

What we observed is that the beach walkers are the ones that are generally uncomfortable and most of the time their heads were down only sneaking quick glances. It was fun watching their reactions if eye contact was made. There was not a lot of traffic and we never experienced anyone lingering (although their pace may slow a bit). :lol:

In Los Cobos, we soon forgot about the folks that would look over. They could only see portions the pool area and I am there to have some C/O fun and not concerned if you are curious.

We were initially nervous about beach walkers on our 1st trip to Pearl but soon realized that it was not nearly as uncomfortable as we thought. We trusted that if necessary the security staff would do a great job at ensuring that no one is disturbing our time but were never needed. Our time on the beach consisted of lots of relaxation and the occasional people watching as they walked by.

The best people watching was when two couples came walking to the pier (assume an adult couple with their parents because of the age difference). As they got to the pier and read the sign, they looked around, had a discussion, looked around again, discussed again, then walked back. Their discomfort mixed with curiosity was fun to watch.

We will be at RM in July and not concerned. Look forward to some people watching.
SevenEight

We arrive on: 02 Jul 2016

Postby BRcouple » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:56 am

tikihutguy wrote:
Lkncouple wrote:We were there the last week of Jan 2016, and I took these pictures standing next to the dive shop, just past the volleyball court.

What stunning Mexican style architecture :evil: Looks like a Holiday Inn with a better location.... At least it also looks like the activity end of the resort is the farthest from DRM 8)

Does anyone have recent news as is the construction of the new hotel next to the Desire?Is the hotel opened? Its operation will greatly hinder privacy in Desire?
BRcouple
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 15 May 2014

Postby Explorer79 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:37 am

We returned from DRM last week. The resort next door is open although I never saw a single person. Admittedly I was distracted with our own fun activities but for us it was no factor at all, zero.
\m/
Explorer79
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 17 Oct 2019

Postby barebuns » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:15 pm

We were at RM in July. While I was swimming naked in the ocean 3 young couples from Breathless wandered to the Desire Beach and got into the water. The 3 ladies took their bikini tops of and gave them to their husbands to hold so they could swim around topless. I asked them if they could take their tops of at Breathless and they said that they tried but they got nasty looks from others. I told them that they were staying at the wrong resort. They asked me about RM and they agreed that I was right. My wife and I took a stroll past the hotel to get a picture of us in front of our "cover" hotel. It looked busy but my wife was the only one in a thong so we quickly returned to RM. RM would be my pick between the two.
Desire Pearl Aug 2014, Feb 2015, Aug 2015, Aug 2016,
Desire RM July 2016
SMI April 2017
HEDO II June 2017
TTR March 2018
HEDO II Oct 2019
barebuns
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby max4play » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:11 am

We're members of the resort chain that own Breathless and when we were at a Secrets in June with friends (before going to Pearl on our own), the club reps there told us that Breathless is not a topless optional resort at all. It is a Secrets/Sandals-style resort targeted at the under 30 crowd with more of a party atmosphere. Definitely not anything like Desire if that's true. However, we've come to the place where we just don't care about "dirty looks" anymore and both of us wear thongs at Secrets - live like there's no tomorrow.

barebuns wrote:We were at RM in July. While I was swimming naked in the ocean 3 young couples from Breathless wandered to the Desire Beach and got into the water. The 3 ladies took their bikini tops of and gave them to their husbands to hold so they could swim around topless. I asked them if they could take their tops of at Breathless and they said that they tried but they got nasty looks from others. I told them that they were staying at the wrong resort. They asked me about RM and they agreed that I was right. My wife and I took a stroll past the hotel to get a picture of us in front of our "cover" hotel. It looked busy but my wife was the only one in a thong so we quickly returned to RM. RM would be my pick between the two.
We might be addicted!
Over 25 visits in the last 8 years!
max4play
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 10 Feb 2024

Postby DesireOntarioWomen » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:47 pm

When we were down last week and walked the beach, there definitely wasn't a "young" vibe to Breathless. There also wasn't a single topless female on the beach or visible at the pool. It seemed very tame!

There was a drifting Breathless customer that come over to DRM to nude sunbathe one day while her husband was swimming nearby. Aside from that there was only a marginal increase in traffic.

K
:CAN
DesireOntarioWomen
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 0- 4-2016

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya