Breathless vs DRM

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Next door neighbor update?

Postby shore128 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:37 am

We also just returned from RM last Friday. I took a few walks past Breathless and looked closely at the construction and would agree that it doesn't appear that it could possibly open by its scheduled opening date, which is now April 1. However, as most of the rooms and other facilities have been closed in, they can literally work around the clock for the next 5 months. Obviously there's also a tremendous amount of outdoor work to be done as well. But AM Resorts is a large hotel operator and a good one (we've stayed at a few Secrets resorts in the past and toured Breathless in Punta Cana) and reservations are being taken beginning April 1. It has successfully opened many new, large resorts in the Riviera Maya over the last several years so I wouldn't discount the company's ability to open this resort on time. Opening specials notwithstanding, would not consider staying at a new resort for at least 6 months after opening, but that's another issue.

In terms of its impact upon Desire RM, it appears that only 5 or 6 rooms out of the entire resort will have a partial view of the end of the pool and pool deck, and those guests would have to be on their balconies to do so. Desire could probably erect some additional screening to block those views, although the palm trees around the pool would do the job if they were higher. But the construction of the swimup bar and the expanded Tentazione restaurant blocks a lot of the sight lines to the pool and pool deck from the nearest Breathless building. So I don't think it will have much of an impact.

There was minimal foot traffic along Desire RM's beach during our week (Oct. 23 to 30). Two primarily reasons are the seaweed issue making walking along the beach difficult in spots, and the sand groin jette that Desire installed at the southern end of its beach. The drainage channel that discharges water from the mangroves is along the jette, and a lot of beach has eroded on the Breathless side. So you literally have to jump off the sand groins to go from Desire to Breathless, and it is even more difficult to go from Breathless to Desire, as its not easy to scale that groin. So unless that situation changes, and it could, its going to really impede foot traffic across Desire's beach from Breathless and the other large resorts to the south, namely Azul Sensatori and Secrets Silversands.
shore128
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby JandH » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:09 pm

If you go on to the Original Resorts Desire site and look on virtual tour, the pool selection has a great view of the rooms that will have a view of the pool. Its not as bad as I was anticipating.

I'll know for sure in less than a week!
JandH
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2019

Hotel or Condo next door?

Postby JohnnieC » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:25 am

When we visited Desire RM last January, there was an extensive construction of a new hotel or condo going on next door. I was wondering if it has been completed and what, if any, has been the effect on Desire?
JohnnieC

Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Hotel or Condo next door?

Postby CokeMann » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:24 pm

JohnnieC wrote:When we visited Desire RM last January, there was an extensive construction of a new hotel or condo going on next door. I was wondering if it has been completed and what, if any, has been the effect on Desire?

Please read back through this thread - all your questions have been answered in it.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Re: Hotel Construction

Postby Ustwo99 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:12 pm

Anyone recent visitors have information on the new hotel next door. Last time we were there in May 2015 construction was in full swing.
Ustwo99
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 30 Apr 2013

Re: Breathless vs DRM

Postby Usmcboywonder53 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:19 am

We were at DRM 12/13-20/15 and did not notice any activity or workers. I'm sure the resort next door will do everything to shield their guests from the shocking images of all those naked bodies bouncing up and down during a robust game of pool volleyball!
Usmcboywonder53
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13 Dec 2015

Postby shore128 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:58 am

Apparently the scheduled opening date for Breathless has been postponed again. Now it is supposedly May 6. Breathless was originally taking reservations beginning April 1. When we were at RM the last week in October there was a huge crew working, however; they had a long, long way to go. Coke Mann, your original skepticism on the opening was correct!
shore128
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021

Postby antillaria » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:25 pm

We have just returned from Deisre RM and construction is definitely still ongoing.
Many of the construction workers seemed to be finding excuses to work on the top corner room, which provides a view over the pool area at Desire.
In fact, on one occasion, there were quite a few people up there and one had a DSLR camera with a long lens. Kuko from the Desire entertainment crew mooned them, then had to inform security and have them removed.
RM - Jan 2016
RM - Aug 2016
RM - Apr/May 2017
RM - Aug 2018

You'll know me by the blue hair!
antillaria
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 10 Aug 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Fab swingers

Postby sandybeachkim » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:31 pm

@ antillaria -- Moon us anytime ... Nice Avitar pic :) The Sandy's ...
sandybeachkim
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie, SLS

Newly built resort next to DRM? Issues?

Postby seamus54 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:26 am

Good Evening:

Just wondering if anyone has been to DRM recently and what the situation is with the newly built resort next door. When we were there in Spring of 2015, it looked quite large, and was just curious if there is more foot traffic in from of DRM. I don't believe the new resort was clothing optional, but I could be wrong on that -

Thanks!
seamus54

We arrive on: 05 Mar 2016

Re: Newly built resort next to DRM? Issues?

Postby CokeMann » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:09 am

seamus54 wrote:Just wondering if anyone has been to DRM recently and what the situation is with the newly built resort next door. When we were there in Spring of 2015, it looked quite large, and was just curious if there is more foot traffic in from of DRM. I don't believe the new resort was clothing optional, but I could be wrong on that -

It (Breathless Resort) is not open yet(maybe by summer) - read back thru this thread for more info
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby COCONKITTY » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:28 am

PLEASE KEEP ME UPDATED ON THIS LARGE MONSTROSITY...which i feel is a shame to have next to our quaint and quiet resort WTF...HOPEFULLY THE MOTE NEXT TO THE AQUA CENTER WILL FLOOD OR BE DRUDGED DEEPER TO KEEP THEM OVER ON THEIR SIDE...so much for my nice long runs on the beach...guess i will have to run from mote to the wall,now....south to north rather than north to south...man and it was such of a nice run,too! PROGRESS SUXXX... :twisted: :oops: :cry: :evil: :| :evil: :( :DL
Kitty & CoCo
COCONKITTY
Desire Addict

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2020

Postby Coupleat302 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:16 am

Google just updated the view. Holy crap!

Coupleat302
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 27 Jun 2022

Postby Lkncouple » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:39 am

We were there the last week of Jan 2016, and I took these pictures standing next to the dive shop, just past the volleyball court.

Lkncouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2018

Postby Mariposa » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:12 pm

We are going to temptations in may then 2nights at breathless. (sadly desire was not in the budget this year)
their intro prices are 300/night for the cheapest room
will post report/review when we get back :D
Mariposa

We arrive on: 19 Jan 2013

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya