Breathless vs DRM

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Breathless vs DRM

Postby Neorealist » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:07 pm

My wife and I are thinking about a March 2105 visit. I'm worried that the new neighboring resort will restrict day time PDS from the jacuzzi lounge because it can be seen from the neighboring resort. Is this possible?
DRM- May 2015; Dec 2015; Nov 2016; July 2017; Nov 2018
Pearl- July 2017; June 2018, June 2019, June 2021
Neorealist
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby SJCrazy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Neorealist wrote:My wife and I are thinking about a March 2105 visit. I'm worried that the new neighboring resort will restrict day time PDS from the jacuzzi lounge because it can be seen from the neighboring resort. Is this possible?

I doubt that it will be a big issue. The Jacuzzi lounge is fairly high up already, plus the south side has the palapa roof running the length of the building on top, and it isn't that close to the edge of the property. The new building would have to be really tall to be able to see anything, and even then magnification would be necessary to really see anything. The new resort owners don't want conflict any more than Desire does, so I'm sure they'll consider the sight lines.

Also, I didn't know they were taking reservations 90 years into the future :P
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024

Postby CokeMann » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:46 pm

FYI - Breathless is not scheduled to be open until around Dec 2015 - further, the north side of their property(that would be facing the jacuzzi deck) is planned for admin offices - not guest rooms.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby yoyo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:59 pm

CokeMann wrote:FYI - Breathless is not scheduled to be open until around Dec 2015 - further, the north side of their property(that would be facing the jacuzzi deck) is planned for admin offices - not guest rooms.

that will also be Hot, to be seen by vanilla people :D
yoyo
Desire Addict

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Pearl
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby Neorealist » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:05 pm

CokeMann wrote:FYI - Breathless is not scheduled to be open until around Dec 2015 - further, the north side of their property(that would be facing the jacuzzi deck) is planned for admin offices - not guest rooms.

That's good news as it pertains to my travel plans, but still does beg a question about the future. Will the people in the admin offices with a view of PDS at the jacuzzi make a fuss about the daily shows? Alternatively, will DRM guests worry about prying eyes recording them? I agree with yoyo that performing for the vanilla voyeurs is a turn on of sorts, but to what end? It could end up being a non-issue. However, I wonder.
DRM- May 2015; Dec 2015; Nov 2016; July 2017; Nov 2018
Pearl- July 2017; June 2018, June 2019, June 2021
Neorealist
Desire Fan

Postby CLG » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Neorealist wrote:

That's good news as it pertains to my travel plans, but still does beg a question about the future. Will the people in the admin offices with a view of PDS at the jacuzzi make a fuss about the daily shows? Alternatively, will DRM guests worry about prying eyes recording them? I agree with yoyo that performing for the vanilla voyeurs is a turn on of sorts, but to what end? It could end up being a non-issue. However, I wonder.

At the old Desire in Los Cabos, there was a large hotel that was built next to Desire. For the roof top Jacuzzi, they built a wooden privacy structure that blocked the view from that resort. It was a non-issue for that Jacuzzi, so if need be, I'm sure that Desire RM will have a plan as they did in Los Cabos.

CLG
CLG

We arrive on: 28 Oct 2017

Postby Yeipi » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:49 pm

Neorealist wrote:My wife and I are thinking about a March 2105 visit.

That's optimism!!! :D
Yeipi
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 02 Feb 2024

Postby CokeMann » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:17 am

The Cabo situation was they had to contend with a next door neighbor eight story building towering over the 2nd floor jacuzzi.

Breathless is only going to be 4 floors high so I highly doubt that there will be any view over top of the palapa roof that currently exists over the bar / washroom area at Riviera Maya - but as CLG mentioned, if it does seem that there will be a problem I know for a fact that the current Desire RM GM will work out a fix so it becomes a non issue.

CLG wrote:
Neorealist wrote:

At the old Desire in Los Cabos, there was a large hotel that was built next to Desire. For the roof top Jacuzzi, they built a wooden privacy structure that blocked the view from that resort. It was a non-issue for that Jacuzzi, so if need be, I'm sure that Desire RM will have a plan as they did in Los Cabos.

CLG
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby dnbinmi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:29 pm

It appears now that Breathless per their website will not be ready until March 2016, probably due to the slow down while working on the building next to the pool. The good news is that it looks like 2 rooms may be able to see Desire's pool. We took some pics of the construction, I will try to post them in the next day or so. I think the only possible problem is the increase in foot traffic. Desire will most likely have to up the beach security much like Hedo with a guard at each end and the middle with walkie talkies to monitor that everyone goes straight through.

It also appears that Breathless will not be any cheaper than Desire and with an upscale clientele, I am not sure they would even be interested in Desire, with of course a few exceptions.
dnbinmi
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 19 Nov 2014

Postby newbies2012 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:49 am

It seems that extra security will be a must. Does Desire actually own the beach, up to the ocean, and have the legal right to move the beach walkers along? I was under the impression that the beach was public and we have seen guests from other resorts walking the beach. I think we have only seen families with kids once or twice.
Newbies2013 on Kasidie
newbies2012
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 19 Jun 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby CokeMann » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:57 am

newbies2012 wrote:It seems that extra security will be a must. Does Desire actually own the beach, up to the ocean, and have the legal right to move the beach walkers along? I was under the impression that the beach was public and we have seen guests from other resorts walking the beach. I think we have only seen families with kids once or twice.

All beaches in Mexico are public and anyone can walk unimpeded on them - the public part rule of thumb is up to the highest tide mark on the sand.

Security is already present at Desire and does a good job of moving along those that want to linger - IMHO, I don't think extra security than what is already in place will be necessary, but if it is I'm confident Desire management will be on top of it.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby newbies2012 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:23 am

I agree that security is great at making sure people are moving along on the beach. My reference to increased security is more along the lines of people trying to sneak over at night for the party. Hope this isn't the case.

So, the beaches are public for walking and a guest from another resort can't hang out or sun bathe on the Desire beach? Like I said earlier, we have never noticed any lurkers during our 4 visits.
Newbies2013 on Kasidie
newbies2012
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 19 Jun 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby couplenindy » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:04 pm

This will make it easier to tell my family where I am staying on vacation...and maybe even get a few pictures of us on the beachside of Breathless while walking along the water :D
couplenindy
Desire Lover

Postby Fingers » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:45 pm

Is it true the story that Desire in Cabos was forced to close because complains from neighbors hotels? I wonder if Breathless would start filling complains against DRM once open
Fingers
Desire Convert

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 12 Sep 2014

Postby CokeMann » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:52 pm

Fingers wrote:Is it true the story that Desire in Cabos was forced to close because complains from neighbors hotels?

Absolutely false - DLC closed because after 5 years of leasing that property it proved to be overall unprofitable for Original Resorts - so instead of renewing their lease on the property they just decided not to. Simple as that !
CokeMann
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya