Breathless vs DRM

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Breathless vs DRM

Postby shore128 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:05 am

I don't think there should be any concern about Breathless complaining about Desire RM. Its parent company, AM Resorts, already operates two hotels in short walking distance - Secrets Silversands to the south and Zoetry to the north, and is building Breathless with full knowledge of the nature of Desire RM. If there was going to be a problem with another resort, it would have come from Azul, which is a family resort only about 200 yards north along the beach from Desire RM and I believe predated Desire RM. In fact its parent company built another family resort, Azul Sensatori, which is huge, about a half-mile away in the other direction. The primary downside is going to be the increased foot traffic, a subject that has already been discussed in previous posts.
shore128
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 21 Apr 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby CokeMann » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:00 pm

shore128 wrote: If there was going to be a problem with another resort, it would have come from Azul, which is a family resort only about 200 yards north along the beach from Desire RM and I believe predated Desire RM. In fact its parent company built another family resort, Azul Sensatori, which is huge, about a half-mile away in the other direction.

FYI - Karisma Hotels which owns the Azul brand as well as the El Dorado brand, etc also owns and operates a fully nude resort right next to the El Dorado Seaside Suites called Hidden Beach Resort.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby Mr_big60564 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:09 pm

Regarding beach traffic, I just had an idea. It might sound horrific from an aesthetic standpoint, but it probably has some merits from a practical point. There is a type of screen that allows one to see out without allowing others to see in, especially from a distance. They are sometimes used at baseball stadiums in centerfield so that the hitter isn't distracted by fans in their line of vision. It might make sense for Desire to invest (there's the catch, of course) in a screen that could be "erected" (ha ha) in front of a section of the beach beds or even on a bed-by-bed basis upon request to shelter nude sunbathers from the view of passers-by, while still allowing the sunbathers to enjoy the beach view.

I agree that it sounds horrible from an aesthetic point of view. I'd hate to have a beachfront room behind the screen. But I can speak from experience that my wife is much less likely to nude sunbathe on the beach chairs or beach beds if there ends up being a steady stream of vanillas walking by all day. Calling it a "steady stream" is probably an exaggeration in the near term, but it's still going to be more of a consideration than it was previously.
Mr_big60564
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 30 Nov 2020

Postby CokeMann » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:20 pm

Mr_big60564 wrote:Regarding beach traffic, I just had an idea. It might sound horrific from an aesthetic standpoint, but it probably has some merits from a practical point. There is a type of screen that allows one to see out without allowing others to see in, especially from a distance. They are sometimes used at baseball stadiums in centerfield so that the hitter isn't distracted by fans in their line of vision. It might make sense for Desire to invest (there's the catch, of course) in a screen that could be "erected" (ha ha) in front of a section of the beach beds or even on a bed-by-bed basis upon request to shelter nude sunbathers from the view of passers-by, while still allowing the sunbathers to enjoy the beach view.

I agree that it sounds horrible from an aesthetic point of view. I'd hate to have a beachfront room behind the screen. But I can speak from experience that my wife is much less likely to nude sunbathe on the beach chairs or beach beds if there ends up being a steady stream of vanillas walking by all day. Calling it a "steady stream" is probably an exaggeration in the near term, but it's still going to be more of a consideration than it was previously.

:DL :DL
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Mr_big60564 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:55 pm

Ha ha, Coke, how do you really feel!? Not disagreeing with you. I just know I won't be doing any nude beach sunbathing with my beautiful wife if there becomes a steady stream of giggling 15 year old boys walking by all day. And I used to be 15 years old and I can promise you, I would totally have been walking by giggling. Or sprouting wood. Or both.
Mr_big60564
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 30 Nov 2020

Postby CokeMann » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:34 pm

Mr_big60564 wrote:Ha ha, Coke, how do you really feel!? Not disagreeing with you. I just know I won't be doing any nude beach sunbathing with my beautiful wife if there becomes a steady stream of giggling 15 year old boys walking by all day. And I used to be 15 years old and I can promise you, I would totally have been walking by giggling. Or sprouting wood. Or both.

FYI - Breathless(which is the subject of this post) is an adult(21+only) AI resort so when they open they won't be contributing any "giggling 15 year old boys walking by all day" to the mix - lol

Sure the beach traffic past DRM has increased since it opened in 2003 with all the new nearby resorts that have opened, but frankly for those of us that are beach people it hasn't been a problem, more a source of entertainment for us watch them and their expressions as they walk past :o
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Neorealist » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:50 pm

Can passerbys on the beach see the jacuzzi area well enough to see PDS? Personally, I wouldn't care if they watched.
DRM- May 2015; Dec 2015; Nov 2016; July 2017; Nov 2018
Pearl- July 2017; June 2018, June 2019, June 2021
Neorealist
Desire Fan

Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby CokeMann » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Neorealist wrote:Can passerbys on the beach see the jacuzzi area well enough to see PDS? Personally, I wouldn't care if they watched.

No, the jacuzzi area at Desire RM is on the top floor of one of the buildings and at Pearl well back inside the property and not visible from the beach area.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Geedubyuh » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:53 pm

CokeMann wrote:
Mr_big60564 wrote:Ha ha, Coke, how do you really feel!? Not disagreeing with you. I just know I won't be doing any nude beach sunbathing with my beautiful wife if there becomes a steady stream of giggling 15 year old boys walking by all day. And I used to be 15 years old and I can promise you, I would totally have been walking by giggling. Or sprouting wood. Or both.

FYI - Breathless(which is the subject of this post) is an adult(21+only) AI resort so when they open they won't be contributing any "giggling 15 year old boys walking by all day" to the mix - lol

Sure the beach traffic past DRM has increased since it opened in 2003 with all the new nearby resorts that have opened, but frankly for those of us that are beach people it hasn't been a problem, more a source of entertainment for us watch them and their expressions as they walk past :o

We are also "beach people" and we've never been bothered by vanilla passers by and we also find their reactions a source of amusement. The real downer about all of the new resorts is that we now have to limit our beach walks to doing laps in front on Desire. We love going for long nude walks and years ago we were able to walk at least half a mile to the south before we would feel the need to turn around.
Geedubyuh
Desire Lover

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 29 Oct 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LL SLS Kasadie

New Property next to Desire

Postby MichaelandMaria » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:10 am

Just curious as to what kind of resort is being built next to Desire?? Another clothing optional???
MichaelandMaria

We arrive on: 27 May 2015

Re: New Property next to Desire

Postby Sooners » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:44 am

Breathless....topless but not c/o.
Sooners

We arrive on: 04 Mar 2015

Postby MOISESSOLTERO » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi everyone!

After Reading all your comments, there is a few facts that I want to share with you, I love DP and DRM concept, I became a Desire addict, so I was also worry to have a resort like Breathless just next door, specially because I am part of construction team for this resort (ironically)...

1) The area distribution of this complex was done keeping in mind that right next to them, there is a resort with a Concept like Desire.... so they want to keep certain peace of mind for their guests that not get disturbed by the sight (some people may get offended to see PDS :bj and naked people walking around :shock: )
2) The concept is considered upscale, and yes, pretty expensive
3) Will be adults only (the official adult age in Mexico is 18, so yes, they will have guests under 21)
4) This Resort will manage two areas: Adult Naked áreas (mostly topless) and "regular (boring :lol:) áreas"

My two cents....

Moises
MOISESSOLTERO
Desire Fan

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 23 Oct 2019

Re: New Property next to Desire

Postby BRcouple » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Can anyone tell us how we're building, when it ends? Is that when you are ready the new hotel that hinder the activities of Desire? We will have the same freedom we have today in the

:(

:BRA
BRcouple
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 15 May 2014

Postby CokeMann » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:10 pm

FYI - Here is an artist rendering of what the Riviera Maya Breathless resort will look like.
( they will have to truck in 100s of tons of sand to get even close to what their rendering shows - lol )
CokeMann
Site Admin

Hotel Next to DRM

Postby bankerman » Sat May 30, 2015 7:01 pm

Is the hotel next door to DRM open yet? Anyone have any pics of what it looks like and if the guests there will be able to see into DRM? I wish it was built a little further away!
bankerman
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya