Breathless vs DRM

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Breathless vs DRM

Postby CokeMann » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:22 am

Flatlanders wrote:We had considered this an option. Curious to continue to hear feedback as people experience it.

If the other Breathless properties are an example, don't expect the new one beside Desire RM to be less expensive than Desire - lol
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby SJCrazy » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:05 am

Mariposa wrote:Until the hotel is built though, I hope they can do something about the construction workers blatantly standing on the balcony staring at the pool--it was annoying

Get used to it. There's boobies, and for them it's solid entertainment. Put yourself in their shoes... pour more concrete or take a break and watch boobs. No brainer. Instead of getting creeped out, you should wave to them :D
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby Baby G » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:30 pm

Maybe try 1 day at Breathless, then return to DRM. :bj
Baby G
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Nov 2014

Postby marachuck » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:09 pm

As coke said, they said that the rooms facing RM Where going to be admin offices. I wonder about that, they might do that with some offices facing sideways but four stories facing pool/ocean... I have my doubts. all in all RM has some challenges ahead. that said, yes construction works allllwwwayys looking but several ladies didn't really care.

Bigger challenge for RM is aging facilities in comparison to pearl
marachuck
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 16 Jan 2016

Postby Baby G » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:35 pm

I will c how everything looks different from last year.
Baby G
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 04 Nov 2014

Postby CokeMann » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:19 pm

marachuck wrote:Bigger challenge for RM is aging facilities in comparison to pearl

Admin Note: FYI

- Pearl (formerly the Ceiba del Mar resort) and Desire RM (formerly the Bahia Maya Resort) are both approximately the same overall age, both had extensive renovations after the destruction caused by Hurricane Wilma in 2005.

- Desire management has continued to improve both properties year after year as witnessed by the recent addition of the A/C in the Pearl lobby and the complete rebuild of the Desire RM pool and outside restaurant last year
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby marachuck » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:20 pm

yes, your are right coke, all true and I stand corrected. we love the resorts but I guess my pearl bias was showing. the organization is proactive and they have been doing great things to maintain the properties. when we were there last we made good friends with a couple that was in commercial real-estate. and their observation upon actually looking at both properties (dp and rm) was that simple things like elevation and layout meant that buildings going up next to either resort would impact them differently (yes, there is no construction next to DP). that said based on the loyal clientele RM has a great heads to bed ratio so DC analogy doesn't hold up. they are in a good place to figure out things and we can hope that only office space view is really true and neutralizes the peeking.

also, we have seen that security is great. in the evening, they are every where. so even with greater foot traffic, you really can't see to much unless you are on the beach.

we did see the workers using cell phones/flashes going off, but at that distance and range a cell camera has terrible resolution. also, there wasn't that much that the new resort really looks into. and all the ladies I talked to didn't care at all. the vibe at RM was great and I don't see how a boring resort is going to kill it. all said, It better not since we bought a membership this go around.
marachuck
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 16 Jan 2016

Postby double_trouble » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:19 pm

When we were at DRM last Oct, they were building a hotel next door to the resort and it appeared that when finished the top floor would look down into the Jacuzzi area. Can anyone tell me if the hotel is finished and if there is an issue with gawkers from next door?
double_trouble

We arrive on: 27 Mar 2016

Postby CokeMann » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:38 pm

double_trouble wrote:Can anyone tell me if the hotel is finished and if there is an issue with gawkers from next door?

It is not scheduled to open until March 2016, and IMHO that is extremely optimistic.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby youme69 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:03 am

We were at RM last week and from my pool chair I was facing right at the new build. Seems that end of the building is getting a lot of attention! Construction guys were lined up all day with phones out looking over at RM. if the room that is suppose to be offices it sure is going to be a fancy office, looks more like suites to me. Didn't seem to bother anyone at the pool at all.
youme69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

Postby shapirogreg » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:43 pm

I have seen on the aerial photos a new resort being built next door to Desire. The buildings are up to 4 stories high it seems. Any ideas how it might affect privacy of the Desire guests?
shapirogreg

We arrive on: 23 Jul 2014

Postby kansaslovers » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:11 pm

The workers were enjoying the show last April.
kansaslovers
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 30 Jan 2014

New resort next to DRM

Postby Bareman » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:24 am

Does DRM intend to block people from the new resort next door from viewing guests at DRM to keep our privacy from gawking and taking photos?
Desire RM and Pearl April 2015
Desire Peal December 2018
Bareman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Dec 2018

Re: New resort next to DRM

Postby CokeMann » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:15 am

sxmcolover wrote:Does DRM intend to block people from the new resort next door from viewing guests at DRM to keep our privacy from gawking and taking photos?

The new resort, Breathless, doesn't even open until March 2016 at the soonest. Please read back on this thread for more info on the subject
CokeMann
Site Admin

Re: New resort next to DRM

Postby TandD » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:08 pm

CokeMann wrote:
sxmcolover wrote:Does DRM intend to block people from the new resort next door from viewing guests at DRM to keep our privacy from gawking and taking photos?

The new resort, Breathless, doesn't even open until March 2016 at the soonest. Please read back on this thread for more info on the subject

So, just about 6 months from now then.

Seems like a legitimate question to me and it sounds like the "The portion that can see in will be offices" explanation sounds week.

We've only been to DP but, like many people, have wondered about the differences, read the comparisons, and are considering going to DRM - but this adds a whole new factor to consider. I'm not really that concerned with people seeing me but it just seems like it would feel "different"

We are making our March trip plans now so this not something off in the distant future.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya