Pool Renovation

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Pool Renovation

Postby TandAinIL » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:34 pm

Any pictures anyone?

Tad & Angela
TandAinIL
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Nov 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: LL - TandAinIL

Postby OzeFun » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:25 am

I have a friend sending me some tomorrow, will post as soon as I get them. They're far too busy having rampant sex right now :bj
Ellie & Al
OzeFun
Desire Addict

We are from: Australia
We arrive on: 19 Feb 2022

Postby CLG » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:07 pm

The restaurant is still being completed but a shot of the bar.

CLG
CLG

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2017

Postby WhiteSands » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Noted: They still have those dreadful, uncomfortable , old, pool loungers.....ooh unless you are a member of course.....
:UK
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby desireaddict » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:44 pm

WhiteSands wrote:Noted: They still have those dreadful, uncomfortable , old, pool loungers.....ooh unless you are a member of course.....

We'd have preferred to see new lounge chairs.
I suspect the pool had problems that could not longer be put off.
“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body. But rather, to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming .... Holy Shit! what a ride.”
desireaddict
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby CokeMann » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:32 pm

WhiteSands wrote:Noted: They still have those dreadful, uncomfortable , old, pool loungers.....ooh unless you are a member of course.....

FYI - new furniture for the pool deck was planed and ordered but from my understanding it has not arrived as yet.
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby nicenycpl » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:54 am

Is it just me or does the pool look smaller now?
nicenycpl
Desire Addict

Postby CokeMann » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:35 am

nicenycpl wrote:Is it just me or does the pool look smaller now?

It is - the former "kiddie wading pool" area is now taken by the swim up bar - so both visually and water wise the pool area is less than before
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby landedesire » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:58 am

I am thinking that you won't be able to sit at the lunch / outside restaurant and watch the pool area as before :( We used to like that. Being able to people watch as volleyball or another afternoon activity was going on...felt very open. Or, am I looking at the picture wrong? It seems that it will now be behind the back wall of the swim up bar area.

Laura
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby CokeMann » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:09 am

landedesire wrote:I am thinking that you won't be able to sit at the lunch / outside restaurant and watch the pool area as before :( We used to like that. Being able to people watch as volleyball or another afternoon activity was going on...felt very open. Or, am I looking at the picture wrong? It seems that it will now be behind the back wall of the swim up bar area.

Laura

You are correct :(

After 100's of negative comments about Desire RM not having a swim up pool bar, that has now been fixed - however we should always think carefully about what we wish for, it doesn't always turn out how we think.....
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby landedesire » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:18 am

CokeMann wrote:
landedesire wrote:I am thinking that you won't be able to sit at the lunch / outside restaurant and watch the pool area as before :( We used to like that. Being able to people watch as volleyball or another afternoon activity was going on...felt very open. Or, am I looking at the picture wrong? It seems that it will now be behind the back wall of the swim up bar area.

Laura

You are correct :(

After 100's of negative comments about Desire RM not having a swim up pool bar, that has now been fixed - however we should always think carefully about what we wish for, it doesn't always turn out how we think.....

I am sure many will like the swim up bar and it will be lovely to have a new pool and the bar. However, I don't feel that I ever wanted or waited too long for a drink before, lol! Sometimes it is good that we have to wait a little in between drinks, haha!
landedesire
Desire Addict

Postby WhiteSands » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:24 am

Laura

The "wall" in the photograph is there to protect the area still being worked on. I assume when the work is completed the wall will be removed and the swimup bar will be open and accessible from both sides.
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby CokeMann » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:33 am

WhiteSands wrote:The "wall" in the photograph is there to protect the area still being worked on. I assume when the work is completed the wall will be removed and the swimup bar will be open and accessible from both sides.

Correct, but when the temporary wall is removed, the previously open view of the pool from inside the restaurant will pretty much be blocked by the new bar area.
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby Savvi702 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:21 pm

Looking forward trip #8 in two weeks......

As an Architect and having spent my entire 30+ year carreer in the building industry I applaude the Desire staff and managment for over coming the challenges an issues regarding the expansion, pool renovation and swim up bar! Congradulations on a job well done. I have completed projects in Mexico and I know first hand the obstacles that can cripple a job schedule. With the limited space given and the amenities added and now offered, when completed, i'm betting they have satisfied a very large majority of DRM guest.

To those few that have posted negative comments regarding the design and implementation, RELAX. Most of us like what they have done thus far! I'm sure when the dust has settled, you will find either a sunny/shadey spot in the dinning room, in a comfortable new chair to sit your ass in, have lunch and watch a volleyball game in the pool. Or better yet, sit in pool, at a bar, with a cocktail in yor hand, and a bartender to keep it full.

Stop complaining and take the time to thank the Managment and Staff!
Savvi702

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 17 Oct 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Princess Paula Pleasure Place

Postby landedesire » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Savvi702 wrote:Looking forward trip #8 in two weeks......

As an Architect and having spent my entire 30+ year carreer in the building industry I applaude the Desire staff and managment for over coming the challenges an issues regarding the expansion, pool renovation and swim up bar! Congradulations on a job well done. I have completed projects in Mexico and I know first hand the obstacles that can cripple a job schedule. With the limited space given and the amenities added and now offered, when completed, i'm betting they have satisfied a very large majority of DRM guest.

To those few that have posted negative comments regarding the design and implementation, RELAX. Most of us like what they have done thus far! I'm sure when the dust has settled, you will find either a sunny/shadey spot in the dinning room, in a comfortable new chair to sit your ass in, have lunch and watch a volleyball game in the pool. Or better yet, sit in pool, at a bar, with a cocktail in yor hand, and a bartender to keep it full.

Stop complaining and take the time to thank the Managment and Staff!

I take offense at your comments about complaining. I did make the comment about the open feel being disrupted. However, in my very next comment, I talked about how lovely it will be to have a new pool and how many people will now be happy with the new swim up bar. I know how hard Desire works to keep everyone happy and their properties up to date. My husband and I absolutely love Desire. However, I am not used to Desire people being so quick to judge. I think maybe you should RELAX...just saying.
landedesire
Desire Addict

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya