Pool Renovation

This is the place for general questions / general discussion about Desire Riviera Maya

Re: Pool Renovation

Postby CokeMann » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:50 pm

Savvi702 wrote:Stop complaining and take the time to thank the Managment and Staff!

Personally, I believe we all appreciate what has been accomplished and I think that most comments in this thread are more in the line of "observations" rather than complaints :D
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby nekkidcouple » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Did anyone get an idea of when the wall will come down?

Weeks or months?

Hoping for 10 days or less myself. But that is purely selfish. :bj
Nekkid Couple
L & C Desire
nekkidcouple
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 08 Oct 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: None

Postby funcple » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Can anyone update the progress of the entire project......restaurant, bar, new pool loungers? We are arriving in a few weeks and it would be great to see where things are?
funcple
Desire Fan

Postby tannaked » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:42 pm

Diane and I returned from RM last night, the pool is indeed 6 or more inches shallower than before. (and yes...the foam party will now be held in the pool on Tuesday afternoons. The swim up bar is basically complete and saw much use over our trip. It does provide shade over that area of the pool for those seeking the same. The dry side of the bar is incomplete as of yet. The poolside resturant is not yet complete and still blocked off with hoarding - but it looks like it will be very nice when it is finished. I believe they are waiting for the cooking equipment to arrive as they finish the interior.

A few problems with tiles on the bottom of the pool missing already (again), the stairs into the pool at the towel hut end might just be an accident waiting to happen; kinda like the entry into the Pearl jacuzzi if anyone has taken a misstep there :x

They have some new pool loungers that are brown with arms. Nicer than the last generation for comfort but the brown plastic gets really hot and the arms get in the way for any coochie coochie action :bj

All in all the place is as great as ever, they expect everything to be complete in another week or so. Can't wait to get back and see it all done.

Ritch
tannaked
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 28 Oct 2020

Postby landedesire » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:20 pm

tannaked wrote:Diane and I returned from RM last night, the pool is indeed 6 or more inches shallower than before. (and yes...the foam party will now be held in the pool on Tuesday afternoons. The swim up bar is basically complete and saw much use over our trip. It does provide shade over that area of the pool for those seeking the same. The dry side of the bar is incomplete as of yet. The poolside resturant is not yet complete and still blocked off with hoarding - but it looks like it will be very nice when it is finished. I believe they are waiting for the cooking equipment to arrive as they finish the interior.

A few problems with tiles on the bottom of the pool missing already (again), the stairs into the pool at the towel hut end might just be an accident waiting to happen; kinda like the entry into the Pearl jacuzzi if anyone has taken a misstep there :x

They have some new pool loungers that are brown with arms. Nicer than the last generation for comfort but the brown plastic gets really hot and the arms get in the way for any coochie coochie action :bj

All in all the place is as great as ever, they expect everything to be complete in another week or so. Can't wait to get back and see it all done.

Ritch

Thank you so much for taking the time to update us. We have a few weeks to go before we are there, arriving Nov. 2nd. Really looking forward to it! Many will not...but, I like the idea of 6 inches shallower since I am just about 5' 1" and it was difficult at times to stay above water when playing volley ball, lol! I do hope they are still doing that in the pool. We would both be disappointed if we didn't get to say or see "boobie rule" while we are there :)

Laura and Eric
landedesire
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 12 Dec 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby jackie » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi, we are newbies and are wondering what the boobie rule is? 8)
:CAN
jackie
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 09 Dec 2014

Postby prostockpete » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:31 pm

as I remember the boobie rule was when playing volleyball in the pool if / when a female was to serve the ball and messed up on getting over the net if she jumped up out of the water and shook her Ta Ta `s to the team she got another attempt to serve again
prostockpete
Desire Convert

Postby SJCrazy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:24 am

prostockpete wrote:as I remember the boobie rule was when playing volleyball in the pool if / when a female was to serve the ball and messed up on getting over the net if she jumped up out of the water and shook her Ta Ta `s to the team she got another attempt to serve again

One of the more important of the Mexican Rules(tm).
SJCrazy
Desire Legend

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby EmptyNesters » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:30 am

tannaked wrote:Diane and I returned from RM last night, the pool is indeed 6 or more inches shallower than before. (and yes...the foam party will now be held in the pool on Tuesday afternoons.

If the foam party is now Tuesday afternoon, what is scheduled for Tuesday evening?

Only 17 days until we arrive and packing has begun.
Joe & Ellen
Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
SLS -CT_empty_nesters
SDC - emptynesters1
EmptyNesters
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 Jun 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS SDC Kasidie

Postby perkypuppies » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:09 pm

Restaurant should be open tomorrow ! May be a few days for the dry side of the swim up bar !

:L
perkypuppies

We arrive on: 07 Oct 2014

Postby bankerman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:18 pm

Anyone there that can post a picture of the completed pool?
bankerman
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017

Postby CokeMann » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:35 pm

bankerman wrote:Anyone there that can post a picture of the completed pool?

Already posted earlier in this thread click HERE
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby bankerman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Thanks, Cokeman! Can't wait to give the new swim up bar a try next month!
bankerman
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 11 Nov 2017

Previous

Return to General Discussions about Desire Riviera Maya